Would anyone want to test yet another attempt to fix delayed notifications bug? Yesterday Qualcomm released Prima driver v3.2.2.2 on CAF's git, so I decided I would give it a try. The previous fixes we tested relied on merging only one patch from their git and I thought it wasn't enough, so I merged the whole driver. I tested it overnight and got promising results, so I thought you may also want to give it a try.

One thing you need to know is that the driver also needs new firmware which is on ROM side. There are also some new values in WiFi configuration file. Default values from CAF differ from what we have for our N4s, so I copied the ones that we had and left all new parameters to their default values, except for the one that allows controlling Power Saving mode from Android (I switched it on). I also changed McastBcastFilter value to 3.

I provide you a flashable anyKernel zip with new firmware included. All you need to do is to flash this one file (motley_anykernel_422_nexus_4_custom_build_prima_3. 2.2.2.zip) over any Motley's kernel and test away. It is based on b49 with some customizations to my taste (sorry, no OC, CIFS and NTFS!). You can find the source code on my GitHub.

If you want to go back to original Motley's kernel, you would need to flash original firmware (it's in prima_original_n4_firmware.zip) and then any kernel of your choice.

Please let me know about your battery life on this and what's your qcom_rx_wakelock, especially on busy networks.

Edit: You can download patched kernel from here.

Edit 2: I noticed that the "reset" zip was badly derped. If you want to go back to original WiFi firmware, please reflash your ROM (no wipe needed!).