Default Re: Difficult to develop for GS4?

Nobody at team hacksung (the team behind galaxy s2, note, s3, note2, gtabs... official CM ports) plans to buy it, neither develop for it. There are two variants which will be a pain to maintain, the bugs we have on the s3 will probably be there on s4 too (camera), and we all know Samsung ability to release sources while staying in line with mainline. Yes qualcomm release sources, but exynos sources we had were far from actual galaxy products. I'm pretty sure the same will happen for this one.

That's a uniform "no" from us (hacksung).

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. There has been a huge flood of messages around the web about the support of CM and the SGS4. What I wrote above is JUST from my/hacksung opinion. CyanogenMod is a big organization with hundreds of contributors around the world. Even if me/codeworkx/entropy/... won't develop for it, other people can go ahead and do it. It's not the CyanogenMod project that decided that 'no' I expressed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
______
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE

Samsung Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 • Asus TF300T, TF700T • Sony Xperia T (mint) • LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5 • Oppo Find 5, N1 •
and other devices you've never heard of.
______
Press "Thanks" if I helped !