[Talk] ParanoidAndroid [Userthread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

daas88

May 11, 2012
Maracaibo
With build 08, I've noticed gtalk is disconnecting pretty often, and my keyboard app randomly closes too. I checked my running apps and noticed lots of apps were restarting, but noticed something else:
MuI9ySf.png

See that 167? I went and checked about phone > status and yes, that's my phone's uptime!
I think I never had such an uptime without a random reboot or having to reboot to cwm to flash a new rom/kernel (which I need to do now).
Just wanted to share the thought, I think it's already time for a restart.

Sent from my LG O2x with cm10 + kowalski kernel.

House.m.d

Apr 16, 2012
Wifi/2G-3G

Thanks for this great Rom, all work fine for me.

But automatic change from wifi to 2G/3G does not work.

There are 3 things that happen:
1. If i turn off the Wifi within a few minutes of the connect, the 2g/3g gets reconnected.
2. If i turn off the Wifi later( when Phone was in deepsleep), the 2g/3g doesn't reconnect and the signal bar stays gray, and without the 2g/3g icon.
3. If I move away from the Wifi area, and lose connection, the 2g/3g doesn't reconnect.. The signal bar stays gray, and without the 2g/3g icon.

It works after Reboot, but when the Phone was in deepsleep, it won´t work any more
I hope you can have a look into the Radio log

PA 2,6 09 Kowalski 115 BB1035.21_20121130 RILV30V30a

Attachments

• 2013-03-25_20.57.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2013-03-25-20-26-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-25-20-26-17.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_2013-03-25-20-27-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-25-20-27-37.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

letmarebrmbarove

Jan 11, 2012
Banja Luka
09 builds

Hello

Just want to say that new 09 build is best so far:
- New launcher works great, removed nova launcher
- New super user seams good, had to remove one from play store before upgrade
- Brightness issue when receive call - but it’s easy to fix, just lock and unlock, or touch brightness in status bar
- Alarm clock, stopwatch and times seem to crush when you lock screen, but I successfully replaces 4.1. with 4.2 and it seems to work fine, all details in this tread

thanx for this rom

Reactions: Custom40

Custom40

Aug 5, 2010
Hello

- Brightness issue when receive call - but it’s easy to fix, just lock and unlock, or touch brightness in status bar
- Alarm clock, stopwatch and times seem to crush when you lock screen, but I successfully replaces 4.1. with 4.2 and it seems to work fine, all details in this tread

thanx for this rom
1) Agreed.
2) Indeed.
3) Lol I've been thinking I've manually lowered the brightness level, but you're right. If your phone rings outdoors in the sun, you will need to pretty much guess where the answer button is on the screen hehe.
4) Genuis! Why didn't I think of that earlier, thanks a million for the tip man!!

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Hello

thanx for this rom

Wait this is interesting. The alarm app crashes? I will include the 4.2 app for the next build then!
Thanks for finding this.

About the brightness. Did this also happen with build 08 or only with build 09?

Thanks for this great Rom, all work fine for me.

But automatic change from wifi to 2G/3G does not work.

There are 3 things that happen:
1. If i turn off the Wifi within a few minutes of the connect, the 2g/3g gets reconnected.
2. If i turn off the Wifi later( when Phone was in deepsleep), the 2g/3g doesn't reconnect and the signal bar stays gray, and without the 2g/3g icon.
3. If I move away from the Wifi area, and lose connection, the 2g/3g doesn't reconnect.. The signal bar stays gray, and without the 2g/3g icon.

It works after Reboot, but when the Phone was in deepsleep, it won´t work any more
I hope you can have a look into the Radio log

PA 2,6 09 Kowalski 115 BB1035.21_20121130 RILV30V30a
I will, but arcee is the ril expert, I guess don't know how to fix this.
But I'll do some changes and tests, we'll see.

With build 08, I've noticed gtalk is disconnecting pretty often, and my keyboard app randomly closes too. I checked my running apps and noticed lots of apps were restarting, but noticed something else:
See that 167? I went and checked about phone > status and yes, that's my phone's uptime!
I think I never had such an uptime without a random reboot or having to reboot to cwm to flash a new rom/kernel (which I need to do now).
Just wanted to share the thought, I think it's already time for a restart.

Sent from my LG O2x with cm10 + kowalski kernel.
Are you using build 09?
The memory management should work better there.
Anyways, apps restarting is happening due to low ram. You got too many background services, widgets etc. rubbing. Try to check the running apps section and remove whatever you don't need and greenify some of the others.
zram + swap might help as well if you're still having too less memory.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: breaxta

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
Wait this is interesting. The alarm app crashes? I will include the 4.2 app for the next build then!
Thanks for finding this.

About the brightness. Did this also happen with build 08 or only with build 09?
Installed the 4.2 app too manually. At first, I copied it to system/apps folder, set permessions, removed the old clock app and rebooted the phone. Like you say, it did crash. Then, I tried copying the old clock app to the same folder, set permessions, and rebooted. So both clock apps there at the same time = No crash so far. And oh, the old clock app won't be in the app drawer, only the 4.2 :)

About the brightness when receiving calls, same story here. My memory is too rubbish to remember whether or not it was on build 08 too. Sorry :(

Last edited:

thestar1992

Mar 30, 2012
Problem with USB storage mount

First of all..thank you for the great rom tony. I am really desperate for your help, for some reason my phone was mounting the usb to my laptop today after I downloaded your modded adb drivers but after i plugged in another usb, the phone no longer mounts. I have tried doing everything from clean wiping and installing the rom and also re installing the drivers but nothing seems to work. Before today, i was never able to mount my p990 since cm7 roms. Its very frustrating and nothing seems to be working. In device manager, I dont see p990 as a device or any adb device.

I would really appreciate your help

Thank you

rcoacci

Jan 8, 2012
Set preferred network on boot

Ok guys, I need a way to set the preferred network after boot (init.d script maybe?) is there a way to do it? I've already tried everything to make my preferred network (from Phone Info) stick after boot: changing basebands, RILs (shhhh, you shouldn't mess with RILs in CM10!!!! actually I only changed from v28g to v30a, which are both ok with CM10), but nothing seems to solve my problems, and it seems my network provider (brazilian Oi) and phone simply doesn't like WCDMA preferred (the default on CM). I've searched XDA already and didn't find anything. Maybe I'm just too stupid to find stuff on XDA....

I'm a software developer, and I could even work out the init script myself, I just needed some pointers, as I really have no idea how I can set such stuff from a bash/busybox script.

With latest PA build 09 it seems stuff got worse. I'm having problems with 3G not reconnecting after disconnecting Wifi, and stuff like that, like House.md, up in the thread. I get the H icon but can't connect to anything, ping, browse, nothing. If I switch do 2G I get connection and everything works; if I switch back to 3G I get HSDPA again but no connection. Sometimes I change the preferred network from WCDMA preferred to GSM Auto and I get 3G working again, other times I have to reboot the phone.

I attached a logcat of one time it happened

Attachments

• 2013-03-26_12.29.zip
    105.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ensboarder

Feb 1, 2012
thank you for the great ROM tony... when i turn off the screen and want it to turn back on i need to press the button 2 or 3 times because it doesn't come up...

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Brightness was fine in 08 build, there were no issues when receiving calls.

:eek:

build 10 will be like build 08 in terms of brightness. some auto brightness debugging code slipped into build 09, that's why it's even more broken than build 08.

Expect it this week :)

aigaming

Oct 29, 2011
Belgrade
That's great news Tony,apart from that little bright. bug, rom - when settles works great and no more memory issues for me;) (have 145 available after boot)
Tried all new bootloader rom's and this one is a must;)

thestar1992

Mar 30, 2012
First of all..thank you for the great rom tony. I am really desperate for your help, for some reason my phone was mounting the usb to my laptop today after I downloaded your modded adb drivers but after i plugged in another usb, the phone no longer mounts. I have tried doing everything from clean wiping and installing the rom and also re installing the drivers but nothing seems to work. Before today, i was never able to mount my p990 since cm7 roms. Its very frustrating and nothing seems to be working. In device manager, I dont see p990 as a device or any adb device.

I would really appreciate your help

Thank you

?? I really need help

oneearleft

Jan 16, 2013
Battery drop in call

First of all thanks for the great continuous work done by tonyp and pengus. Your ongoing efforts are truly amazing!

2 weeks ago I installed ParanoidAndroid2.6 oldbl and have been very impressed with the system performance and responsiveness of the ROM (even though RAM usage seems high). I experienced the to me acceptable common issues with facebook contact syncing and high wifi battery drain. But unfortunately...

I experienced twice a sudden battery drop in a call as described by lildjey http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38914251&postcount=1718 .

In my case I had just finished a call, a new call was initiated immediately (either by me or automatically by error) and suddenly the battery dropped to 0% and the phone would shut down.

Has anybody found a cure? Unfortunately I have not found a reply to lildjey's post.

PS Apologies for not having any error log. I am back to CM7.2 with EtaNa 2.x kernel now.

rcoacci

Jan 8, 2012
Well, after trying to flash another baseband, I lost my IMEI, and after trying to recover it got everything wiped, including my internal SD.... :(. Be careful with Stefan's ROM install script (not his fault tho). The good news is that erasing the CAL seems to have made things better, AND changing build.prop before installing the ROM did the trick. Now my phone's default preferred network is GSM Auto (PRL). Let's see how it all goes from now on.

aigaming

Oct 29, 2011
Belgrade
After some searching i found a perfect mms app(inverted) to go with this rom ;)
I was anoyed with mms.apk when opening(animations on) and closing having some white rectangle on it which looked cheap :( (only in this rom)
Tried many sms apps(chomp etc) and they are slower then official one and take alot more memory(which we don't have)
At the bottom link(tnx 2 adulfo) you can have inverted mms.apk(hdpi) which looks much better and works as it should without that rectangle=perfect looking rom
This is great addon for this rom ;)
As this author said,rename mms.apk(old) and copy new one 2 system/app,give permissions rw-r--r
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073198
Cheers :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: wucinac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid - Userthread

bub.png

This is the PA userthread. Any post or question about anything related to PA is allowed.
    There's just one exception: You still should give it a short try if your question was asked before. If you don't you won't get slapped - but I won't answer as well. If you're in luck someone else will.

Oh and recommendations - like the new app you discovered - are welcome.

Brightness was fine in 08 build, there were no issues when receiving calls.

:eek:

build 10 will be like build 08 in terms of brightness. some auto brightness debugging code slipped into build 09, that's why it's even more broken than build 08.

Expect it this week :)

I have a very important high-priority question; Tony, your daily driver will remain PA or will it be the yet-to-be-revealed ROM? I have to know!! Very important!! Followed your work on PA for a very long time, your usage and mine are a lot alike, well, except of the development part of course ;)

I'm using CM10.1 as a daily driver and currently have no intentions of going back.
    Final release should hit soon, stay tuned :)
    Replace SearchKey with Recent Apps menu

I go first (CM10).
    I'm using another hardware key setup:
    At Settings - System - Hardware keys I assigned to the "Search key" the "Recent apps switcher".
    Additionally the "Search key (long press)" got the "In-app search" now.

What's the advantage?
    Now I don't have to longpress the menukey anymore to get the recent apps dialog, but just use the searchbutton.
    Whenever I want to use the searchkey within an app I simply longpress the searchkey in that app.
    E.g. in the playstore I use longpress searchkey as I don't want to do some thumb acrobatic to reach the top right search button there.

Saves a lot of time :)
    For development related questions use the dev thread.

Dev Thread Link:
    [ROM][CM10][old|new bl] ParanoidAndroid v2.5

If you like the ROM please press thanks, rate this thread with 5 stars
    rating_5.png
    and consider to
    buy me a beer here!

also consider donations to:
    Ricardo Cerqueira (Cyanogenmod)
    molesarecoming (ParanoidAndroid)
    D4rKn3sSyS (ParanoidAndroid)