[THEME] ULTIMATE REAL ICON THEME for DNA NOS M7 V3.0.7 with LIGHT version [10.01.13]

Search This thread

hungsolow

Jul 19, 2012
Thank you John (JBeitel) for sharing your base theme for us to mod on this phone!

THE UNPOLISHED ULTIMATE REAL ICON THEME FOR NEWT'S NOS M7 SENSE 5 v3.0.7

This is just a couple of days of me removing icons that aren't relative to SENSE 5 and resizing, renaming, and redelegating icons. It is UNPOLISHED and IMPERFECT (so not JBeitel's usual work), but I will be adding things and such. feel free to let me know what I miss beyond the obvious and I will do my best to update it as soon as possible. Unlike JBeitel's installation process, it does not use the Aroma installer so for now you are stuck with what I like.... sorry. I got the creators permission to post what I had so maybe some users will like some of it as opposed to all the simple flat SENSE 5 icons. Try is out and don't forget to nandroid in case you don't like it :(

I'll post more pix as I see them being more relevant to the changes in SENSE 5 vs SENSE 4+. As always if you like, hit the thanks button and especially thank those mentioned above who actually make all this happen :)

Changelog:

v1 - Initial
v2 - updated messaging app to include toggle for group messaging (will now have 6 signal bars as well), added and themed Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru (Beta) (notification icon), added some other missing theme work
v3 - messaging app changes (launcher icon back to ORIGINAL REAL ICON THEME icon), themed lock screen, and more framework enhancements
v4 - updated some camera icons, changed the "all apps"/app drawer launcher icon
v5 - updated Play Store to new version 4.0.25
v6 - some cleanup, more theming in new Play Store, more theming (fixed some mixing theming) in Phone app and Camera app, status bar (GPS, USB, Gmail, etc.)
v7 - updated/to latest Snapdragon Battery Guru and changed to less intrusive status bar notification
v8 - updated/to latest Play Store version 4.0.26
v9 - updated/to latest Play Store version 4.0.27
v10 - themed signal bars (Verizon) switched to AOSP recents (app switcher)
v11 - some cleanup, some additions, and some changes such as reverted back to stock signal bars (others were too busy and too tall!) and shrunk app drawer button. :)
v12 - Power saver, Beats Audio, more in settings, more cleanup
v13 - updated and completely themed Google maps
v14 - updated to and themed latest Google Play Store and Google Play Music, and Google Hangouts (formerly Google Talk)
v15 - themed quick settings button and added option for themed signal bars
v16 - updated to latest Play Store v 4.1.10 and some minor additions
v17 - updated to latest Google Play Music and Gmail (4.5)
v18 - made some changes to Prism.apk, Google Hangouts,and added a lighter version of the theme (see screen shots). both themes have the all apps launcher icon that is shown in the screen shots of the light version.
v19 - updated Google apps and I guess fixed SystemUI *mine was working fine so go figure...
v20 - updated with new Google Maps 7.0
v21 - updated Gapps (Google apps) Play Music, Google Maps, Hangouts, Play Store (v. 4.2.9), new camera icon
v22 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.2 (vzw), updated Play Music, Google Maps, Hangouts, Play Store (v. 4.3.11 inverted and themed)
v23 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.4 (vzw)
v24 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.5 (vzw)
v25 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.6 (vzw) and updated Google apps (Google Maps and Play Music)
v26 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.7
v27 - updated Google apps (Gmail and Google voice), removed persistent WiFI notification
v28 - updated Google Hangouts
v29 - updated Google Hangouts (again!)
v30 - updated Google Play Music

DOWNLOAD LINK for ULTIMATE REAL ICON THEME for NOS M7 V3.0.7:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2yDp308YPB8aVJnSUVQNWJ0R0k/edit?usp=sharing

DOWNLOAD LINK for ULTIMATE REAL ICON THEME for NOS M7 V3.0.7 light:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2yDp308YPB8N3k2eVhGZXlNYWs/edit?usp=sharing

THREAD LINK to newts NOS M7 SENSE 5 ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2184706

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-17-22-17-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-17-22-17-08.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 2,713
Last edited:

vithudu

Nov 26, 2006
Hanoi
Real Icons from JBeitel for NOS M7 V1.0.6 keyboard and phone pad

Hi, hungsolow
if possible, please theme NOS M7 SENSE 5 ROM with real icon for keyboard and phonepad .
hope your understand my quest, thank you

Last edited:

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
@low- Hey man. I just installed this and want you to know it's much appreciated. It's not the status bar icons I choose with RIT, but it's certainly MUCH better than default. Kudos to your efforts, bro. You've inspired me to learn about the Aroma installer to help you.

Reactions: hungsolow

lizbetty

Mar 14, 2012
Re: [THEME] ULTIMATE REAL ICON THEME V4 *WIP* for NOS M7 V1.0.6 3.30.13

I agree, I super like and very much appreciate this theme.

Sent from my HTC DNA using xda app-developers app

BDragonD24

Mar 7, 2009
PA
Download

Is there something wrong with the dropbox file? Everytime I go to download it, it takes me to screen like it's going to download it only to change to a page saying it can't file the file. Any ideas?

CharliesTheMan

Last edited:

BDragonD24

Mar 7, 2009
PA

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-22-17-26-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-22-17-26-41.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,272
  • Screenshot_2013-04-22-17-30-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-22-17-30-21.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,249
Last edited:

johnwaug

Nov 24, 2012
Had the same mobile browser error. Hit the download button fast enough to get it though. Installed fc'ed once then booted fine. Love the icons. This is what I want my phone to look like. However the quick setting are still light and the play store is also. Maybe I read wrong but I thought those should be dark themed after install? Thanks for adding to my flashing enjoyment.

Sent from my newtorooted Droid DNA 5

hungsolow

Jul 19, 2012
Had the same mobile browser error. Hit the download button fast enough to get it though. Installed fc'ed once then booted fine. Love the icons. This is what I want my phone to look like. However the quick setting are still light and the play store is also. Maybe I read wrong but I thought those should be dark themed after install? Thanks for adding to my flashing enjoyment.

I may have uploaded the wrong ones accidentally :silly: lemme re-upload them....

EDIT: version up now should be correct. sorry about any confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEVTEBB

johnwaug

Nov 24, 2012
Does not work with the dark system iu mod though. I wish I could have both. Love the icons, they are a must keep if I have to choose.

lizbetty

Mar 14, 2012
This Theme gets better & better, really like the status bar change and the fact I can long press the icons to get into settings. Thanks Bunches for all your hard work.

berniemac2021

Nov 13, 2011
Anyone have a working link for 2.0 download. When I try to download it says "The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth"

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you John (JBeitel) for sharing your base theme for us to mod on this phone!

THE UNPOLISHED ULTIMATE REAL ICON THEME FOR NEWT'S NOS M7 SENSE 5 v3.0.7

This is just a couple of days of me removing icons that aren't relative to SENSE 5 and resizing, renaming, and redelegating icons. It is UNPOLISHED and IMPERFECT (so not JBeitel's usual work), but I will be adding things and such. feel free to let me know what I miss beyond the obvious and I will do my best to update it as soon as possible. Unlike JBeitel's installation process, it does not use the Aroma installer so for now you are stuck with what I like.... sorry. I got the creators permission to post what I had so maybe some users will like some of it as opposed to all the simple flat SENSE 5 icons. Try is out and don't forget to nandroid in case you don't like it :(

I'll post more pix as I see them being more relevant to the changes in SENSE 5 vs SENSE 4+. As always if you like, hit the thanks button and especially thank those mentioned above who actually make all this happen :)

Changelog:

v1 - Initial
    v2 - updated messaging app to include toggle for group messaging (will now have 6 signal bars as well), added and themed Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru (Beta) (notification icon), added some other missing theme work
    v3 - messaging app changes (launcher icon back to ORIGINAL REAL ICON THEME icon), themed lock screen, and more framework enhancements
    v4 - updated some camera icons, changed the "all apps"/app drawer launcher icon
    v5 - updated Play Store to new version 4.0.25
    v6 - some cleanup, more theming in new Play Store, more theming (fixed some mixing theming) in Phone app and Camera app, status bar (GPS, USB, Gmail, etc.)
    v7 - updated/to latest Snapdragon Battery Guru and changed to less intrusive status bar notification
    v8 - updated/to latest Play Store version 4.0.26
    v9 - updated/to latest Play Store version 4.0.27
    v10 - themed signal bars (Verizon) switched to AOSP recents (app switcher)
    v11 - some cleanup, some additions, and some changes such as reverted back to stock signal bars (others were too busy and too tall!) and shrunk app drawer button. :)
    v12 - Power saver, Beats Audio, more in settings, more cleanup
    v13 - updated and completely themed Google maps
    v14 - updated to and themed latest Google Play Store and Google Play Music, and Google Hangouts (formerly Google Talk)
    v15 - themed quick settings button and added option for themed signal bars
    v16 - updated to latest Play Store v 4.1.10 and some minor additions
    v17 - updated to latest Google Play Music and Gmail (4.5)
    v18 - made some changes to Prism.apk, Google Hangouts,and added a lighter version of the theme (see screen shots). both themes have the all apps launcher icon that is shown in the screen shots of the light version.
    v19 - updated Google apps and I guess fixed SystemUI *mine was working fine so go figure...
    v20 - updated with new Google Maps 7.0
    v21 - updated Gapps (Google apps) Play Music, Google Maps, Hangouts, Play Store (v. 4.2.9), new camera icon
    v22 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.2 (vzw), updated Play Music, Google Maps, Hangouts, Play Store (v. 4.3.11 inverted and themed)
    v23 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.4 (vzw)
    v24 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.5 (vzw)
    v25 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.6 (vzw) and updated Google apps (Google Maps and Play Music)
    v26 - updated for NOS m7 3.0.7
    v27 - updated Google apps (Gmail and Google voice), removed persistent WiFI notification
    v28 - updated Google Hangouts
    v29 - updated Google Hangouts (again!)
    v30 - updated Google Play Music

DOWNLOAD LINK for ULTIMATE REAL ICON THEME for NOS M7 V3.0.7:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2yDp308YPB8aVJnSUVQNWJ0R0k/edit?usp=sharing

DOWNLOAD LINK for ULTIMATE REAL ICON THEME for NOS M7 V3.0.7 light:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2yDp308YPB8N3k2eVhGZXlNYWs/edit?usp=sharing

THREAD LINK to newts NOS M7 SENSE 5 ROM:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2184706
    new versions up plus updated Play Store v 4.1.10 which has the location bug (battery drain) fix per Google!
    new version up with lighter version for any who prefer the stock launcher icons and a some lighter theming.
    Can someone help me out with stopping the play store from changing back to stock?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have the same prob. Guess you can just reflash RIT?

Stay thirsty, my friends

I posted the updated version the day it was released. grab the newest version in the OP, push it to system/app and delete the com.vending blah blah blah from data/app. you may have to wipe the data from the Google Play app as well afterwards to see the version number change. :)
    No I changed the name on case anyone wants to use one of the programs that changes their dpi such that it doesn't mess up compatibility with apps in the Play Store. The main program I know requires the store to b named Phonesky

Sent from my HTC DNA™

as long as you delete the original in the script, you can name it whatever you want....uh...oh...sorry, not my thread.