ALL LTE discussions here

Search This thread

LvDisturbed1

Feb 12, 2008
Las Vegas
This is from outskirts of East Las Vegas! Way faster, +10mbps upload, +8mbps higher download. Haven't been downtown but I can imagine better speeds.. Running Frosty V8 nd when in LTE it does show on status bar.

If helpful press thanks button plz :good:
This is from Green Valley/Warm Springs in Henderson. I hope Tmobile scales back HSPA+ for 2x10 LTE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-30-03-43-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-30-03-43-00.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 405
  • Screenshot_2013-03-30-03-46-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-30-03-46-24.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 388
Reactions: Csboy702

Note_2

Nov 19, 2012
I got a good 5 minutes of LTE passing down the Highway in Baltimore and the results from 4 pm are those, 4 am are earlier this morning at my house. Seems like only my upload speed is being increased. Hugely though.

uploadfromtaptalk1364674931282.jpg

SGH-T889, Rooted with Jedi X12 ROM

stretchwookie

so im kinda curious. im running an older version of paranoid android 3.0 and have NOT flashed the mb4 modem. today, my verizon buddy and i ran a speed test and i was AMAZED when i got 25mbps down speeds. I thought i couldnt get lte unless i was on a newer rom update or AT LEAST an upgraded modem? or can hspa+ really kick out that crazy of a speed? btw, this was at carefree and the i17 in phoenix, az

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
so im kinda curious. im running an older version of paranoid android 3.0 and have NOT flashed the mb4 modem. today, my verizon buddy and i ran a speed test and i was AMAZED when i got 25mbps down speeds. I thought i couldnt get lte unless i was on a newer rom update or AT LEAST an upgraded modem? or can hspa+ really kick out that crazy of a speed? btw, this was at carefree and the i17 in phoenix, az

I can get 25mbps routinely in a couple locations around me. Highest I have checked was 31mbps. Haven't seen LTE yet.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Last edited:
Reactions: stretchwookie

stretchwookie

I can get 25mbps routinely in a couple locations around me. Highest I have checked was 31mbps.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

oh ok then i was probably on hspa+. just never seen it that high. even faster than my home wifi. i guess what i would like to know then is if i flash the mb4, will i be able to get lte on PA3.0+?

P.S. Thanked for the fast response

Csboy702

Mar 19, 2013
Las Vegas
This is from Green Valley/Warm Springs in Henderson. I hope Tmobile scales back HSPA+ for 2x10 LTE.

I have some buddy's from Wamcom who do all cellphone tower updates out here nd was told there already working on upgrading all t-mobile lte network to a newer update witch should be twice as fast. They had been done since January for current lte network.

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
LTE...finally....

Been trying to break 30Mbps ...

I know I'll get soon...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-31-00-41-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-31-00-41-39.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 408

vouty

Dec 7, 2010
California
Would gladly trade the promise of LTE speed for the guarantee of even 5 mb/s in EVERY square foot of the county I live in. No dead spots, no drop outs, just blanket good 4G coverage no matter where you are. That would way more useful than a mobile data connection that is faster than my home internet... but only works if you happen to be in the middle of a few large urban centers.

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
Would gladly trade the promise of LTE speed for the guarantee of even 5 mb/s in EVERY square foot of the county I live in. No dead spots, no drop outs, just blanket good 4G coverage no matter where you are. That would way more useful than a mobile data connection that is faster than my home internet... but only works if you happen to be in the middle of a few large urban centers.

Not going to ever happen. There will be some other kind of technology. There are large parts of this country where there is no one for hundreds of miles LOL.

But that said I agree with your point. Too many populated areas with edge.

Carbon Nightly | Kroz Hue Theme | Crack Flasher

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Not going to ever happen. There will be some other kind of technology. There are large parts of this country where there is no one for hundreds of miles LOL.

But that said I agree with your point. Too many populated areas with edge.

Carbon Nightly | Kroz Hue Theme | Crack Flasher

Yeah, that's why I got at&t. I hope you guys get decent speeds and coverage someday. I travel frequently with my gf who has the note 2. She has to use my phone a lot because her service sucks.

Anyways, good luck with the lte guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

rootyourphones

Sep 29, 2012
I almost broke 40md download but I hit 55 once a while back on lte at&t of course but I don't think t mobile is turning on lte yet although people can run t-mobile rom and fake a speed test while on at&t lte.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364803183705.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364803183705.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 231

eurohomie

Oct 19, 2011
Houston
Yeah, that's why I got at&t. I hope you guys get decent speeds and coverage someday. I travel frequently with my gf who has the note 2. She has to use my phone a lot because her service sucks.

Anyways, good luck with the lte guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I travel quite a bit too and my phone works just fine... Houston to austin at least once a month and drove up to st. Louis a couple of weeks ago with no issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As General is being slammed with threads on LTE I made this thread for you all discuss anything and everything LTE
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    A nice list of cities for tmobile LTE has been posted

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/05/tmobiles-next-group-of-lte-launches-rumored-for-may-and-june/

Sent from my Jedi X13 Note II using xda premium
    7umu8u2a.jpg
    Battery life is dramatically improved for me since the update. I'm already past 24 hours with 7 hours of on screen time and 30 percent left. This is with the lte still enabled. Amazing!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

It's amazing how long it will last if you keep charging it :good:
    I been with TMO for quite some time now too. I have a Sensation 4g and wife has a Note II. Im always doing comparisons with her phone when travel around my area (Warner Robins, GA). She gets around 14Mbs while the highest I got on my phone was like 6Mbs. But where we live is around 2Mbs for both phones. But anyways, I work on the Air Force base around here and basically I agree with you two..whenever I go inside a hanger or building doing whatever, I literally have to stay near the door and hopefully it has a window if not I can barely be on "E" then 5 mins later no signal. The Verizon & Sprint guys here has excellent speeds/signal that made me really want to switch a month ago (they can be anywhere in the hanger/building with no bs- I'm like OMFG while im standing in the rain to get signal, lol) but I'm waiting for S4 to see how this LTE will turn out but no idea when Atlanta GA will get it but hell I don't live there so no telling when my area will get it either :(

I have been using a TMO phone as my only phone (no landline) since 2002, so I know a little about the quality of their coverage. In the beginning it was spotty, but has been fine in all metro and suburban areas I've been through in the Los Angeles area and up and down the west coast for at least 6 or 7 years now. Also, TMO was the first (and to my knowledge) the only carrier to seamlessly integrate wifi-calling into nearly every phone they offer. Wifi calling works perfectly and is also is handling texting at the same time, so no problem with SMS either. Last 4 yrs I've been living near the mountains in a near dead-zone for cell coverage and use wifi calling every day without any problems. I would agree that Verizon & Sprint have better overall networks than TMO, but, man, you pay a small fortune for their monthly plans compared to TMO.
    Just a reminder about network speeds using Speed Test app. Your speeds will vary from test to test, time of the day and so on. The app is not that accurate. Keep in mind it is dependant on the server it is using to test download speed. You will notice it uses different servers at different times. You may get faster or slower speeds from time to time. It most likely has nothing to do with the radio you flashed or even TMO for that matter.

Its the Internet folks, it is not static... It is fluctuating all the time based on many factors usually not your freaking modem. :)

CARBON NIGHTLY | KROZ HUE THEME | CRACK FLASHER