Bootanimation

Search This thread

shelnes

Feb 15, 2009
Oslo
heln.es
I've put together a recovery-flashable zip of the classic haters gonna hate gif. I've personally tested this on my Galaxy S III and it works perfect. If everything blows up on your phone, don't blame it on me. You know the risks you're taking by flashing stuff.

haters.gif

Instructions:
1. Download to your phone's SD card
2. Flash in recovery
3. Reboot from recovery.
4. Enjoy the Haters gonna hate bootanimation on your Galaxy S III

For those of you who wish to know, the bootanimation is flashed to /data/local rather than /system/media.

To install manually with Root Explorer, etc. :
1. Download and extract the CWM flashable boot animation file below
2. In the extracted file, navigate to /data/local and copy the bootanimation.zip file
3. Navigate to the root of your SD card
4. Go to /data/local and paste the file there OR alternatively /system/media, overwriting any old boot animation (please backup your old boot animation if you wish to revert soon). Please note that /data/local is the first place that the OS looks for a boot animation. Any boot animation placed in /data/local will override a boot animation placed in /system/media.
5. Reboot and enjoy

This SHOULD work on any device with a 720x1280 resolution. If you flash this on phone other than a Galaxy S III, you do so at your own risk.

Please note: Image in OP is not actual size due to resizing issues. The actual boot animation will fit perfectly in the screen. Enjoy!

Get the file here!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've put together a recovery-flashable zip of the classic haters gonna hate gif. I've personally tested this on my Galaxy S III and it works perfect. If everything blows up on your phone, don't blame it on me. You know the risks you're taking by flashing stuff.

haters.gif

Instructions:
    1. Download to your phone's SD card
    2. Flash in recovery
    3. Reboot from recovery.
    4. Enjoy the Haters gonna hate bootanimation on your Galaxy S III

For those of you who wish to know, the bootanimation is flashed to /data/local rather than /system/media.

To install manually with Root Explorer, etc. :
    1. Download and extract the CWM flashable boot animation file below
    2. In the extracted file, navigate to /data/local and copy the bootanimation.zip file
    3. Navigate to the root of your SD card
    4. Go to /data/local and paste the file there OR alternatively /system/media, overwriting any old boot animation (please backup your old boot animation if you wish to revert soon). Please note that /data/local is the first place that the OS looks for a boot animation. Any boot animation placed in /data/local will override a boot animation placed in /system/media.
    5. Reboot and enjoy

This SHOULD work on any device with a 720x1280 resolution. If you flash this on phone other than a Galaxy S III, you do so at your own risk.

Please note: Image in OP is not actual size due to resizing issues. The actual boot animation will fit perfectly in the screen. Enjoy!

Get the file here!
    That dude is a little light in the loafers! ;)