S3 extended battery debate

Search This thread

x Jumpman23 x

Jul 6, 2011
Who really needs 13 hours of screen time? All I need is enough power to get me through the day. I had a 4400mah battery and briefly tried a ZeroLemon. After a few months of carrying around a brick, I picked up the Samsung 3000mah battery and couldn't be happier.

Too many people get hung up on screen time as if it's some sort of competition. I'll take my slimmer phone over more screen time than I would ever use in a day.

I get what your saying. Just think about the stand by time I could get if I wasn't on it all the time, probably 3 to 4 days easy. Screen time isn't big for me I just love the fact that I don't have to worry about my phone dying on me, no matter what I doing. Size is what makes this thing so great, without it I can barely cope with this thing. But to each is own.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

imjehh

Feb 9, 2011
Teshik
My hands are just fine, thanks. The phone is a brick with the larger extended batteries and almost nobody has the need for that much power, so what's the point? If bragging about screen time is important to you, rock on with your bad self and the brick in your pocket.

How do you know how much power people need...

If its a brick, stop wearing skinny jeans from the women section and hit the gym. The 3.5 lb dumbbells should do you just fine.

chuck24

Dec 11, 2010
Different people with different lifestyles.. I have been rocking the stock battery since day one. I recently purchased the Zero lemon battery and I must say it is awesome. Battery life is on an average of 2-3 days with 10+ hrs of screen on time and so far as thickness goes I just cut out the back of my Otterbox Defender and it fits perfect. Same thickness.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jmz768

Sep 17, 2008
How do you know how much power people need...

If its a brick, stop wearing skinny jeans from the women section and hit the gym. The 3.5 lb dumbbells should do you just fine.

You really think a your average user with an extended battery is on their phone 10+ hours per day?

Stop making assumptions, you know what that makes you.

PaulG1488

Jun 25, 2009
You really think a your average user with an extended battery is on their phone 10+ hours per day?

Stop making assumptions, you know what that makes you.

Looks like you just made an assumption yourself.

Just because your hands and jeans are too small for it doesn't mean you have to knock it.

For power users such as others and I it's nice not having to worry about having multiple chargers or having to carry one around.

jmz768

Sep 17, 2008
Looks like you just made an assumption yourself.

Just because your hands and jeans are too small for it doesn't mean you have to knock it.

For power users such as others and I it's nice not having to worry about having multiple chargers or having to carry one around.

Who said my hands and jeans were too small? Stop being ignorant. The extended batteries are huge and the only benefit for most people is having enough power to go a couple of days before recharging. If that or bragging about how much screen time you got on a charge is what's important, have fun with the brick in your pocket.

Hulk0069

Oct 25, 2010
Play nice or the monitors will close our thread

Sent using xda app-developers app

blaine07

Apr 23, 2010
Bartlesville
I've been quite happy with my Gorilla Gadgets 4500. Ordered for occasional use thinking noway I could handle it day to day. After using it "occasionally" I've been hooked on actually making it through a full day of work/play not always hunting down and worrying about where I'm going to hit a charger next.

PaulG1488

Jun 25, 2009
Who said my hands and jeans were too small? Stop being ignorant. The extended batteries are huge and the only benefit for most people is having enough power to go a couple of days before recharging. If that or bragging about how much screen time you got on a charge is what's important, have fun with the brick in your pocket.

Of course that's the benefit why else would you want a extended battery? To look at it?
Hopefully your hands grow so you can enjoy the battery like the rest of us until then enjoy suffocating in your skinny jeans.

llama555

Dec 11, 2010
Of course that's the benefit why else would you want a extended battery? To look at it?
Hopefully your hands grow so you can enjoy the battery like the rest of us until then enjoy suffocating in your skinny jeans.

We changed topics. Pm each other if u guys really wanna talk.

Anyways. I have the Hyperion 4200 but I'm not sure if I should jump to the 7000 zero lemon. If it really messes with GPS idk if its worth it. I saw people saying signal gets a little worse. Anyone have more insight on GPS?

Hulk0069

Oct 25, 2010

Anyways. I have the Hyperion 4200 but I'm not sure if I should jump to the 7000 zero lemon. If it really messes with GPS idk if its worth it. I saw people saying signal gets a little worse. Anyone have more insight on GPS?

GPS works. Fine

using xda app-developers app

PaulG1488

Jun 25, 2009

If anything it affects wifi. GPS has been no issue for me.

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
I have the Samsung 3000 mAh and can say with out a doubt it is a fantastic investment. I did not want a fat ass phone. I wanted at least a solid 5 hrs screen time battery and wanted to keep my wireless qi charging.
I get 6-7 hrs screen on time. 4g only. All sync on, auto brightness. It has exceeded my expectations. Slightly larger than stock. Wireless qi charging working great. Couldn't be happier. Expensive? A little, but you pay for quality.
This is my typical screen on time at 50%. Its consistent. And most importantly it hasn't let me down once. I used to get the same screen time out of the stock battery that I now get @ 50% of this extended.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365170591328.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365170591328.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 685

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
For years, I go with 2 OEM batteries. The one that's in my S3, and the other OEM battery that's in a pocket.
That gives me 4200mAh of battery life, which has Always been enough juice in my years of this being
my SOP ;)
Plus it doesn't fatten up my S3.

Reactions: Juice3250

0xScott

Oct 5, 2012
OnePlus 6
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I'm running an AOKP nightly build from a couple weeks ago and dkp kernel. With previous phones, I used to purchase spare batteries and swap them out once a day or so. Before rooting and loading a custom ROM, I was getting about 10 hours of battery life. Now I can go more than 24 hours with light use (checking email, streaming music/podcasts for hours with the screen off). Realistically, I'm getting at least 18 hours, and it's rare that I'd be away from power much longer than that. I have several portable chargers (5200mAh, 5700mAh, 8200mAh) that work just fine.

And how about generic batteries?

As for generic batteries, I always buy OEM (or at least China said they were OEM). Once the phone has been out for a few months, battery prices drop quickly. I can't speak to generic S3 batteries. Amazon's return policy is great. If you get one and it doesn't work well, you should be able to return it and get your money back.

-Scott

sweeds

Jul 13, 2011
Boston
I have, and highly recommend the ZeroLemon 7000mAh. GPS and Wi-Fi both working well. And the provided case is honestly quite sturdy and worth the trade-off.

This battery has changed the way I handle my phone. It can EASILY last 2 full days of power usage! Never worry again about always charging or think you're SOL if u can't find a charger one night. Triple the capacity, triple the life span.

I still Undervolt, monitor my wake locks, and take care of my phone. But with ZL battery, you remove the stress and worry of a dead battery.

4.5/5 stars highly recommended.

Sent from my SGS3 via Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lehocki

May 21, 2012
Toronto
ZL here as well. Coincidentally my name starts with Z last name with L . Love the battery

Zoltan Lehocki

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts