[MOD][APP] MIUIv5 MMS.apk with modified UA (User Agent) full-sized auto-download MMS

Search This thread

umka83

May 12, 2009
Japan
www.ai-web-hosting.com
MIUIv5 MMS.apk 4th April 2013 (for JB/Miuiv5 CM10.1 ROMs)

Features: modified UA (User Agent) full-sized auto-download MMS
Requirements:
1. Phone with JB/MIUIv5 ROM
2. Root
3. ADB and phone USB drivers (htc sync)

This apk allows normal MMS behaviour (full-size and autodownload) for those of us who live in Japan or France and possibly other countries that do not allow MMS to non-registered phones.

tested on Sensation and SensationXE with JBMIUIv5 #3.3.29R3 MULTI | AOSP-CM10 | s89 production | Pyramid - [03.04.2013] by Stickman
but it should work on any other MIUIv5 ROM and maybe even on AOSP JB CM10.1 and MIUI v4 Roms. let me know the results if you try.

THANKS TO:

MIUI China for MIUI v5
Stickman89(s89) for Sensation port of MIUI v5
raziel23x for APK Multi-Tool

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Unzip
2. put the Mms.apk to the same folder your ADB.exe is
3. open command prompt
4. cd to your ADB.exe folder
5. RUN this:
Code:
adb remount
adb push Mms.apk /system/app
adb chmod /system/app/Mms.apk rw-r--r--
6. Reboot
0. You can also use ES File Explorer to put the apk into system folder and setup permissions

[FAQ]
Q: Why do I want this?
A: Because it will allow to receive MMS if you use MIUI v5 in Countries like Japan/France who only allow MMS to/from specific User Agents.

Q: I am on Softbank/Orange and I use Go SMS/ Handcent to receive MMS.
A: That is great, but probably you still have to press "download" button every time MMS is delivered. This apk will allow you to auto-download MMS to your favourite app (GoSMS/HandCent).

Q: I am on Softbank or Orange and on MIUIv5 ROM and have no problems receiving MMS
A: That is great, than you do not need this mod :)

Q: Can you do this for other Carriers/Countries?
A: Yes I can, just post you User-Agent in this thread - and I will post the APK back.

Q: Can you make an input field so that User Agent can be changed from MMS.apk's settings menu?
A: I am trying to do this right now, but can not figure out how to do that yet. Help/advice from experienced devs will be appreciated.

Q: Should I backup my curent Mms.apk before isntalling this one?
A: Yes, you should!!! especcially if you are using a different ROM and want to give it a try. You can do so by running:

Code:
adb remount
adb pull /system/app/Mms.apk
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything blah blah. Do a backup to be safe. Backup you existing Mms.apk before trying to isntall this one.

Attachments

• MIUIv5MmsFranceOrange.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 2,658
  • MUIv5MmsJapanSoftbank.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 1,151

hoyagajjang

Apr 26, 2013
Could you please provide mms.apk for softbank iphone sim user

Hi, I cannot receive mms by this mms.apk.
Please change user-agent and something and provide new mms for iphone sim user.

Thanks

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
I'm running MIUI V5 on the HTC One XL US AT&T version. Could you make an MMS.apk for that? I can send MMS, just not receive. I tried both apk files listed and they didn't work. Thanks.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUIv5 MMS.apk 4th April 2013 (for JB/Miuiv5 CM10.1 ROMs)

Features: modified UA (User Agent) full-sized auto-download MMS
    Requirements:
    1. Phone with JB/MIUIv5 ROM
    2. Root
    3. ADB and phone USB drivers (htc sync)

This apk allows normal MMS behaviour (full-size and autodownload) for those of us who live in Japan or France and possibly other countries that do not allow MMS to non-registered phones.

tested on Sensation and SensationXE with JBMIUIv5 #3.3.29R3 MULTI | AOSP-CM10 | s89 production | Pyramid - [03.04.2013] by Stickman
    but it should work on any other MIUIv5 ROM and maybe even on AOSP JB CM10.1 and MIUI v4 Roms. let me know the results if you try.

THANKS TO:

MIUI China for MIUI v5
    Stickman89(s89) for Sensation port of MIUI v5
    raziel23x for APK Multi-Tool

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Unzip
    2. put the Mms.apk to the same folder your ADB.exe is
    3. open command prompt
    4. cd to your ADB.exe folder
    5. RUN this:
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb push Mms.apk /system/app
    adb chmod /system/app/Mms.apk rw-r--r--
    6. Reboot
    0. You can also use ES File Explorer to put the apk into system folder and setup permissions

[FAQ]
    Q: Why do I want this?
    A: Because it will allow to receive MMS if you use MIUI v5 in Countries like Japan/France who only allow MMS to/from specific User Agents.

Q: I am on Softbank/Orange and I use Go SMS/ Handcent to receive MMS.
    A: That is great, but probably you still have to press "download" button every time MMS is delivered. This apk will allow you to auto-download MMS to your favourite app (GoSMS/HandCent).

Q: I am on Softbank or Orange and on MIUIv5 ROM and have no problems receiving MMS
    A: That is great, than you do not need this mod :)

Q: Can you do this for other Carriers/Countries?
    A: Yes I can, just post you User-Agent in this thread - and I will post the APK back.

Q: Can you make an input field so that User Agent can be changed from MMS.apk's settings menu?
    A: I am trying to do this right now, but can not figure out how to do that yet. Help/advice from experienced devs will be appreciated.

Q: Should I backup my curent Mms.apk before isntalling this one?
    A: Yes, you should!!! especcially if you are using a different ROM and want to give it a try. You can do so by running:

Code:
    adb remount
    adb pull /system/app/Mms.apk
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything blah blah. Do a backup to be safe. Backup you existing Mms.apk before trying to isntall this one.