Or Continue to Thread: [ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol'…
Find Your Device:
21st June 2009, 12:55 AM   |  #28  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 351

1,394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timolol

That's not the conflict with the lockscreen - that's another well known bug which I forgot to list. That bug can't be fixed either, but it doesn't bother me much. If the new Tachi dialer is bug-fixed, I'll include that in future ROms because it fixes the lockscreen bug as well as this bug.

I suspect the RAM eater is the Topaz notification enhancement system, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'm not actually sure why it takes up so much RAM, but i'll look into it. Do you think that I should include it in future ROMs?

Lastly, I don't use Java emulation, and as I didn't initially plan to publicly release this ROM I didn't include it. From all subsequent releases, I'll be sure to include it in the ROM.

OK, thanks for clarifying the above mentioned bug. It doesn't bother me that much.

And regarding RAM, I thought that was the Microsoft Voice command fault, so I tried to disable it via Dotfred's TaskMgr, but it's still the same. To me this is the only serious issue I ran across until now, because I am so called "power user" and RAM is crucial for me for multitasking. If that is the Topaz notification's fault, do you know is there any way for disabling it? I assume the answer is no. I do know that initially (10-15 seconds after boot) I do have about 130 MB RAM, and suddenly it drops to about 105.