1. Flash Tools for HTC Magic (inculed USB driver, Fastboot.exe, nandroid img) HTC_G2_TOOL.rar http://www.hiapk.com/bbs/download.ph...12d38ed3f63b09
2. SDK Tools AdbWin.zip (adb for Windows)
3. SPL HBOOT Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=529019
4. USB Cable
How to check your SPL Version
1. Power off your phone
2. Push “Back” + “Power” about 5s (**After that you should see three androids on skateboards)
3. Check your version and go here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=529019
) download a downgrade version. (In my case, I will download Modded HBOOT-1.33.2004)
My HTC Magic SPL info:
SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
May 8 2009,21:02:32
How to go Recovery model:
1. Put the files Adb and AdbWinApi.dll from AdWin.zip into C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder on your PC. Substitute the correct drive letter if windows is not installed on you C: drive
2. Put the Windows Fastboot.exe into the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder on your PC
3. Create a folder on the C: drive of your PC called android. The path should be C:\Android and unzip HTC_G2_TOOL.zip into C:\Android.
4. Unplug the USB cord and power off your phone
5. Power up your phone by holding “Black” + “Power” , you should see three androids on skateboards.
6. Plug the USB cord back into your phone. The screen on your phone should say fastboot.
7. Make sure your pc is using the correct driver. Open the device manager on your pc. It is helpfull to have all other USB storage devices besides your phone unplugged for this part. Look for a USB Mass Storage device in the list of the USB devices. Right click on it and update the driver. Pick the option to browse for a driver on your pc. The driver is located in HTC_G2_TOOL.rar.
8. Press start, go to run and type cmd (If you are on Vista just type cmd in the search box and hit enter). The command prompt will pop up.
9. Type cd C:\android
10. then enter the following command C:\android > fastboot boot recovery.img
11. Your phone should now be reboot and booting in Recovery model
How to Backup your Rom:
1. After booting into recovery model
2. select [Alt+B] – Nandroid Backup 2.1
3. After few minutes all backup file will save in your SD card
How to restore from your backup file
1. Download one of the above signed SPL updates and rename it to update.zip
2. Copy update.zip to the root of your SD-card
3. Copy the Nandroid backup files data.img, system.img, and boot.img from your SD card to the folder C:\Android.
4. booting your Magic into recovery model
5. select [Alt + S] – Apply sdcard:update.zip
6. select [Home + Back] – reboot system now
7. After reboot it will update upgrade/downgrade your SPL version, then power off your Magic again
8. Push “Back” + “Power” to HBOOT model
9. double check your SPL version is upgrate/downgrate
10. Plug the USB cord back into your phone. The screen on your phone should say fastboot.
12. Press start, go to run and type cmd (If you are on Vista just type cmd in the search box and hit enter). The command prompt will pop up.
13. Type cd C:\android
11. then enter the following commands C:\android >
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
12. After reboot your Magic, it need about 2-5 min to restore
13. then a band new original Android 1.5 is restored
**Please make sure your battery got enough power (Suggestion: more than 50%)