When will HTC sort out build issues ?

Search This thread

the_chang

Sep 5, 2011
A lot of people are complaining about the gaps and build quality of the one.

Any idea if HTC has acknowledged this and doing something about it as in a recall or releasing another batch ?

I am waiting to order mine but not with all these issues. I'd rather wait abit if they gonna sort it out.

ataft

Apr 23, 2012
Dalian
I think if you go into the threads regarding build issues, you're going to read a lot of posts about them. Those threads make it seem like a problem, but that group of people is a minority. Also, some of these "build issues" people have are things that others wouldn't consider a problem. For example, some people would not even know their phone wasn't "perfect" had they not read those threads and begun actively searching for the tiniest of gap or misalignment. There won't be a recall because the majority of customers either don't have these problems, or don't look at their phone under a microscope to look for gaps. If people analyzed other phones as closely, they'd find imperfections as well.

True, some of the phones build quality is off, but you have very goods odds of not getting one.

Circular Pastry

Apr 10, 2010
Hmmm... Picked mine up today
(because RadioShack is the devil)
It's flawless!

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium HD app

RsSharKy

Dec 16, 2008
what build quality? mine developer edition is perfectly built! love that aluminum body, love that boom sound, love that 468 ppi screen, love zoe

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
I got mine yesterday, while I am very picky about my phone's, I really don't want to return it.

First, I took it out of the box at home. I saw the legendary "gap" at the top especially, which could get worse in the future, let in dust or wven worse. Then I saw that both corners at the bottom of the phone aren't made well, since the aluminium plate that covers the botom speaker kind of goes over the polycarbonate sides. Put it in my pocket, those 2 sharp edges get stuck somewhere, I pull out my One and tada: I might pull of the aluminium plate of the bottom speaker.

Then again, I started using the phone for an hour and I fell in love (no joke). The thing that blew me away the moest were those speakers... OMG they are fantastic. I haven't been so impressed about a mobile phone in years. The screen was fantastic also (no dead pixels afaik). All in all I love it so much, I wish I could just keep it. But since everything is still pack nicely in the box (charger, earbuds, everything) I will just put the One back init's protective plastic (which is very easy btw, nice) and go back to the store.

Why not try to get a solid build? In the end, they promised zero gap.. Right? But really, I think it's a pretty "real" problem. Even my girlfriend (which also loves the device) said I should go back and doesn't understand why they released these device.. Since you're paying a lot for these products, you'd expect a better made product.

Note: most people wouldn't notice these problems. I'm sure 90%+ of the people I would have showed my One too, would not have seen it. So if you don't mind these kind of small things, don't be afraid!

bfdream

Sep 6, 2009
Beijing
I think if you go into the threads regarding build issues, you're going to read a lot of posts about them. Those threads make it seem like a problem, but that group of people is a minority. Also, some of these "build issues" people have are things that others wouldn't consider a problem. For example, some people would not even know their phone wasn't "perfect" had they not read those threads and begun actively searching for the tiniest of gap or misalignment. There won't be a recall because the majority of customers either don't have these problems, or don't look at their phone under a microscope to look for gaps. If people analyzed other phones as closely, they'd find imperfections as well.

True, some of the phones build quality is off, but you have very goods odds of not getting one.

Agree! If I did know the gap problem before, I cannot notice my One has a small gap.

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
Got mine at the weekend and have to say it looks like I have very minor gaps around the edge although not sure they're gaps could just be misaligned edges, but the phone is amazing and if it was a Samsung no one would care it was made like a kinder egg or mcdonalds happy meal toy.

HTC One is a beautiful device which is absolutely the best device on the market, and i've tried them all.

Helps that it's insured so I can always replace it if any faults occur, but I doubt they will.

gruuvin

Nov 24, 2011
Atlanta
A lot of people are complaining about the gaps and build quality of the one.

Any idea if HTC has acknowledged this and doing something about it as in a recall or releasing another batch ?

I am waiting to order mine but not with all these issues. I'd rather wait abit if they gonna sort it out.

I've looked at the One at three different retailers now, and they all had issues with the cases. The first was coming apart all over, the second had the top front aluminum speaker plate coming off on the top and bottom left side of the plate. The third was starting to separate at the top as well.

Three out of three -- cases coming apart.

This thread is not pointless. This thread is exposing an issue that the die-hard fans who just spent a lot of money don't want to be true.

HTC better be reading these forums and fixing their problems FAST!

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
Well lets see some photos of this build quality issue. That way others will know what to look for.

Every make or model will have a certain percentage of faults from the iPhone , to Samsung Galaxy and Nokia etc...

Mikecosta64

Nov 28, 2015
Miami
Late but still relevant somewhat

So I bought an Htc One M7 back in May 2014 and build quality was superb. I would like to think that HTC has fixed the issues of old M7 models. Two months ago after dropping my phone accidentally for the 5th time there is a gap on the top where the display meets the plastic. This is 100% due to the drop of the phone. Long story short HTC has listened and fixed the gap issue yay!

Sinistersky

Jan 29, 2010
Never. HTC is the worst company ever created. The only phone htey created that was "ok" was the M9. The rest are a piece of ****. Go buy an iPhone 6s, way better.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Never. HTC is the worst company ever created. The only phone htey created that was "ok" was the M9. The rest are a piece of ****.

Thats right HTC is a s****y company and never did anything good except the m9 ..... :rolleyes:

• Won the Best Mobile of 2010 with the HTC Hero
  • Made the first ever Nexus device in 2010
  • Won the Manufacturer of the Year in 2011
  • 3rd most highly valued smartphone-maker in the world - 2011
  • Won the Best Mobile at MWC in 2013 - HTC One M7
  • Won the Best phone of 2014 - HTC One M8
  • And they have made the first android phone ever - HTC Dream

.... what a sh***y brand....:laugh:

Sinistersky

Jan 29, 2010
Thats right HTC is a s****y company and never did anything good except the m9 ..... :rolleyes:

You throw a banquet in a hotel and get a nice award afterwards. User experience is where it counts. The iPhone didnt get as many rewards, and oh wow, the usage time with 4g is now 9 hours, and standby with that is 35 h. Maybe it's not 235 hours like most HTC can do, but why the **** would I need to have the phone in standby for 235 hours. On the other hand, my M7 lasts for about, 4 hours usage time with WiFi. So yes, in my expirience, the iPhone is so much more faster, snappier and has more usage than my piece of **** M7. :good:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
You throw a banquet in a hotel and get a nice award afterwards.
Thats right MWC and GMA is only a banquet in a hotel.... :laugh:
User experience is where it counts
Guess what are the criteria?
Our judges will assess and select handsets, devices and tablets based on the following criteria:

• Physical design innovation and form factor
  • Device performance such as HTTP throughout, WEB Browser elapsed time, RX sensitivity, relative call set up and success rate
  • Multi Band support
  • Genuine Innovation deployed e.g. in UI, form factor, technology, features
  • Product usefulness in terms of functionality and features
  • Simplicity of use – such as an intuitive user interface
  • Wide range of applications and features supported
  • Unique attributes
  • Price point versus Value for money
  • Market success
  • User experience (battery life, talk time, call quality, personalisation)
http://www.globalmobileawards.com/c...es/5a-b-c-d-best-mobile-handsets-and-devices/
The iPhone didnt get as many rewards
Actually, Apple dit get awarded many times in the GMA for example Best Mobile in 2011 with the Iphone4 and best Tablet in 2012 and 2014.... but I guess that doesn't count since this is only a random banquet in a hotel ;)

So yes, in my expirience, the iPhone is so much more faster, snappier and has more usage than my piece of **** M7. :good:
I'm not here to judge your experience or to debate if the Iphone is better than any other phone (Hence why I didn't quoted the Iphone part of your first post), its your choice to prefer one over the other and thats fine, I don't care. Iv replied to your post because of the "HTC never did anything good" part and wanted to share with you some good things they have made over the years, unfortunately, looks like this was only wasted time.
Peace

Reactions: matekaneve

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unless it's a major defect or it's falling apart

Shut up

Put a case on it

Move on with your life

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

You could always have the store open it for you before you buy it. But overall it isn't as bad as it seems. People next XDA are just overly picky, they rather stare at a phone for flaws then actually just use their phones.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    Never. HTC is the worst company ever created. The only phone htey created that was "ok" was the M9. The rest are a piece of ****.

You throw a banquet in a hotel and get a nice award afterwards.
    Thats right MWC and GMA is only a banquet in a hotel.... :laugh:
    User experience is where it counts
    Guess what are the criteria?
    Our judges will assess and select handsets, devices and tablets based on the following criteria:

• Physical design innovation and form factor
    • Device performance such as HTTP throughout, WEB Browser elapsed time, RX sensitivity, relative call set up and success rate
    • Multi Band support
    • Genuine Innovation deployed e.g. in UI, form factor, technology, features
    • Product usefulness in terms of functionality and features
    • Simplicity of use – such as an intuitive user interface
    • Wide range of applications and features supported
    • Unique attributes
    • Price point versus Value for money
    • Market success
    • User experience (battery life, talk time, call quality, personalisation)
    http://www.globalmobileawards.com/c...es/5a-b-c-d-best-mobile-handsets-and-devices/
    The iPhone didnt get as many rewards
    Actually, Apple dit get awarded many times in the GMA for example Best Mobile in 2011 with the Iphone4 and best Tablet in 2012 and 2014.... but I guess that doesn't count since this is only a random banquet in a hotel ;)

So yes, in my expirience, the iPhone is so much more faster, snappier and has more usage than my piece of **** M7. :good:
    I'm not here to judge your experience or to debate if the Iphone is better than any other phone (Hence why I didn't quoted the Iphone part of your first post), its your choice to prefer one over the other and thats fine, I don't care. Iv replied to your post because of the "HTC never did anything good" part and wanted to share with you some good things they have made over the years, unfortunately, looks like this was only wasted time.
    Peace