Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Anyone get Amazon Instant …
Find Your Device:
24th April 2013, 01:51 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 94

417 posts
Amazon claims we can access Amazon Instant Video through XBMC. I will try this later when I have time. Their response to my complaint also sounds like they may be working on an app for Android? No promises or timeline, but I am definitely getting that impression(?). I've copied both their letter and my complaint below (names removed). It's a quickly thrown together complaint, not the best written, but gets the point across I think. I encourage you all to write to them as well, to indicate your interest in streaming to Android tablets. The more interest they see, the more likely for them to put effort into enabling content on Android devices.

Your AccountAmazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello ,

Thanks for writing to us with your query. I'll do my best to provide a thorough answer.

From your email, I've understood that you unhappy that you are not able to access Amazon Instant Videos on "Android" devices any more.

Unfortunately at this time, Amazon does not support Amazon/Prime Instant Videos on android devices.

However, customers were able to watch Amazon Instant Videos on their android devices using XBMC Player app. Amazon Instant Video utilizes the Adobe Flash Player but due to the recent changes/upgrade of the flash version made by Adobe, closed that loophole.

I also understand that having "AIV/PIV" feature on "Android" devices will provide additional convenience to our customers. However, please note that, the content we offer through Amazon Instant Video depends on our agreements with content owners. Device manufacturers has exclusive rights to the hardware and software that would not make it possible for Amazon.com to provide Amazon Instant Videos for these devices directly.

To make sure your feedback is heard by the right people in the Organization, I've forwarded your comments as a feedback to Amazon Instant Video Development Team, who will review your comments and will work on improvements to make these features better on Amazon.com

We've received many requests from the customers to release an Android app for Instant Video streaming and our development team is working on it

I also keep pushing for this feature myself. It is an important part of upcoming developments in our Amazon Instant Videos service. I appreciate that you wrote about this so that I can point out increasing demand for it. As this involves may teams and individuals, I'm unable to predict the current time-line.

It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects. I appreciate that you wrote about this so that I can point out increased demand for Amazon/Prime Instant Videos on Android devices. Your valuable feedback will help us to improve the selection and service we provide and we're glad you took time to write to us. We do value the feedback of our customers and make every attempt to integrate their comments or suggestions into our stores and procedures.

Amazon Instant Video development team is regularly in touch with the manufacturers to make more devices (OR Models) compatible with Amazon/Prime Instant Videos. Devices not compatible now, may become compatible in future.

You may have noticed some major wins for our customers, now that XBox 360, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Wii & Wiiu became compatible recently with more to come based on customer requests. With that kind of proliferation there's a significant increase in pressure to get more devices/models added.* If there is any update it will be directly posted on our website.

-----If you still need any further assistance related to Amazon Instant Video, then please contact us via phone, chat or email by using the link below, so we can help you appropriately.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...tal-video.html

Please know that our customer's satisfaction and their convenience is very important to us above all else, it's the foundation on which our company was built.

I would've really loved to have this resolved to your benefit if only there was another way however as I hope you'd understand, we do go through certain protocols and processes to hopefully meet your needs in the best and fastest way possible.

I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations this time but be assured that we always endeavor to assist our valued customer like you with the best of our service and we'll continue working hard to ensure that we provide the quality support you expect from us.

Thank you for your interest in Amazon Instant Videos. We appreciate your patience in this matter and thanks for the time you took to write to us.

Best regards,

Did I solve your problem?
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Thank you.
Amazon.com
Original Message

---------------
04/23/13 15:45:48
Your Name:
Comments:I am an Amazon Prime member. I have ordered over $8,500 purchases in the last 6 months.

I have used my Prime account for a year and a half. During this time I have accessed Prime videos on my Android based tablet. This apparently is no longer available. Therefore I have stopped my Prime membership from automatically renewing. I'm sure you are aware that the Prime membership has encouraged me to make more of my purchases from Amazon. I'm sure you will understand that without Prime, I will be shopping elsewhere.

I am aware that Amazon Instant Video can be accessed on the Kindle Fire, which is another Android tablet. Not allowing the same access on competing Android tablets is alienating your customers. It gives an impression of discriminating in favor of your own device.

I am aware that Amazon Instant Video is available on IOS tablets. I have an iPad 3. However I do not like to watch videos on a 4:3 aspect ratio device. I have Amazon Instant Video available on my TV, my Roku, and on my Vizio Co-Star Google TV device. My preferred method of streaming videos when not sitting Iin my living room is still by using my Android tablet. The perception that Amazon is discriminating against competing Android products is why I will not be renewing my Prime account, and why Amazon will lose over $10,000 worth of business per year from just this one customer.

I ask you to ask your business development department just one question;
"Was disabling content from Android devices worth losing over $10,000 per year per customer worth it? Is loosing more than $10,000 per year per customer a good strategy?"

I am aware that Amazon never did officially support Amazon Instant Video on Android tablets. However, unofficial support was enough to encourage me and doubtless others to sign up for Prime and increase their spending. The loss of this unofficial support will result in not only the loss of the new business it has created, but loss of the limited business we have had with Amazon prior to Prime membership.

If I was a stock holder, I would have to question Amazon's business strategy and future.

As a customer, I only have to choose another supplier. It is a shame. I have enjoyed many Amazon products and services over the years.

Regards,

---------------

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kisrita For This Useful Post: [ View ]