uclaxiwen

Apr 27, 2013
how to update supersu binary
is that in setting
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

dirt

Jun 14, 2009
SC
will definitely be using this guide soon. cant access internet from my laptop at the moment. thanks for putting it all together with a guide that makes perfect sense.

sent from my black sgs4

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
So just unistalling SuperSU and rebooting gets rid of the Custom icon, but you are still rooted?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Bender B. Rodgriguez

Aug 15, 2011
So just unistalling SuperSU and rebooting gets rid of the Custom icon, but you are still rooted?

Yessir. Btw I had to reboot 4 or 5 time before it worked.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Also I just realized.

Going to system settings >about device >status

Device status says "official" again. Woot!

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
will definitely be using this guide soon. cant access internet from my laptop at the moment. thanks for putting it all together with a guide that makes perfect sense.

sent from my black sgs4

your welcome.

just make sure you update the binary then uninstall the old SuperUser first

Yessir. Btw I had to reboot 4 or 5 time before it worked.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Also I just realized.

Going to system settings >about device >status

Device status says "official" again. Woot!

thats the best part, last night i wasn't able to sleep due to the unlock icon so i had to just try something lol. I just didnt feel safe knowing i paid full price and had a damn tampered icon going on lol

Reactions: fjr1300sgs2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wrote this guide for those of you that want to remove the Custom icon or unroot your device.

You can find the complete rooting & unrooting guide here (Video is still processing)
    http://goo.gl/eif4X
    Works on Rogers S4 ...

Greetings, everyone.

This method worked perfectly for me on my Rogers Galaxy S4 (Model SGH-I337M).

In addition, once I was completely unrooted, I performed a factory reset through stock recovery (hold down VOLUME UP and the HOME button while pressing and holding the POWER button). Once done, I was able to get factory up-dates again.

Why would I take a chance with a factory up-date, you ask? Well, my original configuration was extremely laggy, which drove me crazy. I thought that the up-date, which was available the moment I powered-up my device for the first time, would help the situation since it said is was mainly for performance improvements. However, as we all know, performing a factory up-date COULD stop you from exploiting existing rooting methods.

Anyway, I took the chance, and the up-date worked perfectly. Much of the lag is now gone. I then re-rooted the device using the method by djrbliss here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252248

And now I'm fully rooted again, AFTER the factory up-date.

Just thought others would like to know.

Peter
    Can you do the steps to remove the icon and retain root? Just don't want to lose root! Thanks great write up!

Sent from my Galaxy S 4!

I updated the guide,

There are 3 steps, one is to root, 2nd is to remove icon and 3rd is to unroot. Just do the 1st and 2nd part.
    Thank you for this! I couldn't open the video link for some reason, but I gathered what was needed for step two:
    Installed SuperSU from market. Opened it.
    It updated itself after prompting me.
    It updated the SU binary after prompting me. ("Normal")
    Ran all my programs that needed root snd grsnted them through SuperSU when it prompted. Optional.
    Used Application manager that is built in into system to wipe cache, wipe data, force stop, and uninstalled SuperUser.
    Rebooted twice. Still custom. Checked About Phone. Shows Official. Rebooted again and the custom logo is now gone.