Cool [DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery 2.7.1XX RC

-=[XZDualRecovery]=-
PhilZ Touch 6.26.6 & CWM 6.0.4.8 & TWRP 2.7.0.0
*** For Locked and Unlocked BOOTLOADERS! ***

I proudly present you the first and only DUAL RECOVERY for locked boot loaders on our lovely Xperia phones!

If you have an unlocked bootloader and chose to keep the STOCK Sony kernel, you can also use this MOD.

Currently supported XPERIA models:
Xperia Z: SO-02E, C6602, C6603, C6606, C6616
Xperia ZL: C6502, C6503, C6506
Xperia Tablet Z: SO-03E, SGP311, SGP312, SGP321, SGP351
Xperia Z Ultra: C6802, C6806, C6833, C6843
Xperia Z1: C6902, C6903, C6906, C6943, C6916
Xperia Z1 Compact: D5502, D5503, D5506
Xperia ZR: C5602, C5603, C5606
Xperia T, TX, TL and V: LT30p, LT29, LT30at, LT25i
Xperia SP: C5302, C5303

I will be adding more and more devices to the list in the near future, keep your eyes on this thread for them to be released
I will also start a Q&A thread for each of the models officially supported, once released from the experimental stage.

RomAur users read this post first before flashing XZDualRecovery!

UNANNOUNCED BETA'S ON THE DOWNLOAD SITE CAN LEAD TO UNEXPECTED BEHAVIOR, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THEM!

INSTALLER: How to install using the installer:

1. Make sure you have USB debugging turned ON.
  2. download XZ/ZL/TabZ/Z1/ZU-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.installer.zip from http://nut.xperia-files.com
  3. Windows:
    1. unpack at C: or somewhere you will remember!
    2. navigate to the resulting directory and look for install.bat, double click it to run;
  4. Linux:
    1. unpack in your home folder with 'unzip XZ/ZL/TabZ/Z1/ZU-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.installer.zip'
    2. navigate to the resulting directory and 'chmod +x install.sh', then execute it, follow instructions.
  5. Your phone WILL reboot when installation has completed and it will go into the default recovery for the first boot.
  6. Reboot to system from recovery to allow the installer to clean up after installation (it is safe to skip this step).
  7. Enjoy DUAL RECOVERY!

How to install or update using a previously installed (XZDualRecovery) recovery:
Create a backup of /system/bin/chargemon and keep it somewhere safe, then just flash XZ/ZL/TabZ/Z1/ZU-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.flashable.zip from http://nut.xperia-files.com using CWM or TWRP.

How to remove:

Delete the following files:
/system/bin/recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/recovery.cwm.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/recovery.philz.cpio.lzma
/system/bin/charger
/system/bin/ric
/system/bin/chargemon
/system/bin/dualrecovery.sh

Then inside */system/bin/ rename chargemon.stock to chargemon check its permissions (should be 755 or otherwise visible as -rwxr-x-r-x). Done!

How to revert back to original single recovery:

This recovery MOD leaves your original recovery.tar in place.
You can overwrite the chargemon executable in /system/bin/ from this MOD with your backup made earlier and change its permissions to 755 (-rwxr-x-r-x).
You can then remove /system/bin/dualrecovery.sh (if it is there), /system/bin/recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma (or .tar), /system/bin/recovery.philz.cpio.lzma and /system/bin/recovery.cwm.cpio.lzma (or .tar) and reboot.

When installing custom ROMs:
Be sure to flash XZ/ZL/TabZ/Z1/ZU-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.flashable.zip from http://nut.xperia-files.com after installing the ROM and before you reboot, this way you will not lose recovery!

How to use:
At boot, once you feel the phone vibrate and while you see the green led burn:
- press VOL-UP for PhilZ Touch;
- press VOL-DOWN for TWRP.

To enter Vanilla CWM, you will need to use the (free) NDRUtils app from the Play store

2.x Features:

• When you have a SDCard1 and the XZDualRecovery is able to use it, you can put a file called 'donotrun' inside the XZDualRecovery log folder to make XZDualRecovery escape following boot attempts.
    If you find yourself in a bootloop situation, take out your SDCard1 and put that file in the directory if it exists using a PC. Reboot your phone with Power+Vol-UP and you will be able to boot your phone as if there was no recovery there!
  • XZDualRecovery will signal the escape or any reason why it would not be able to continue normal operation with a 2 second burn of your LED in the color RED. A reason would be a broken /cache and no SDCard1 or a busybox in /system/xbin which does not support the lzcat command. If you see that, check /tmp/XZDualRecovery for a logfile there, it will tell you why.
  • XZDualRecovery will try to use your SDCard1 for logging and functionality, if it has been formatted with ext2/4, FAT16/32 or exFAT. NTFS is currently unsupported.
  • XZDualRecovery now prevents the RIC service from starting up, this means when running XZDualRecovery the Remount-Reboot fix is no longer needed.

Defaults:

• The default on first boot with the boot-to-recovery flag set by any recovery is PhilZ Touch Recovery.
  • In your XZDualRecovery folder in either /cache or /storage/sdcard1 you will find a file called XZDR.prop. Set dr.default.recovery=cwm to dr.default.recovery=twrp to change the default recovery to TWRP. The button choice however takes precedence, so you can always overrule the default!
  • You can also change back to 'Vanilla CWM' if you wish by changing dr.vanilla.cwm=false to dr.vanilla.cwm=true in the XZDR.prop file.
  • Init.d support is disabled by default, set dr.enable.initd to true to enable it.
  • Insecure ramdisk support is disabled by default, set dr.insecure.ramdisk to true to enable it, set to 'power' to boot it by pressing the power button at boot.

Error reporting:
Please, when reporting errors or problems:
  • Put up a notice in this thread providing the package name you used to install or update;
  • Include ROM name and/or FW version numbers;
  • Include what SU apk you are using (SuperUser or SuperSU)
  • Send me the contents of all the log files from right after a failed boot attempt or a link to an archive containing these logs by PM (that's including the .old rotation logs!). If you have no website or online location to store the logs, PM me for an email address to send them to.
  • Logs can be found inside:
    • /cache/recovery
    • /tmp/XZDualRecovery
    • /storage/sdcard1/XZDualRecovery
    • /cache/XZDualRecovery (if the previous exists, this one will not!)
    NOTE: I need them ALL!
I really need them to troubleshoot what failed and what worked OK. Thank you!

Future plans:
  • Creating a self-contained installer for Linux and making that work on Apple MacOS X

Suggestions?
Please do post, I've got loads of ideas myself but you might have the best one yourself!

Special Thanks:
  • DooMLoRD for all his excellent work on our much loved Sony phones!
  • The Team Win developers for TWRP
  • The ClockWorkMod developers for CWM
  • @alexocean for his awesome job testing almost all FW releases and the discovery of SuperSU causing problems for the installation of this recovery!
  • @RoberM for testing
  • @surdu_petru for testing and handy pointers
  • @Androxyde for allowing to use his linux and mac adb binaries.
  • @lancebukkake for finding the TWRP 'fix' to use exFAT formatted sdcards!
  • @delewer for the final fix for TWRP and its use of exFAT formatted sdcards
  • @DevShaft for some code help on the windows installer (the menu!)
  • @Androxyde again, but now for his bash code/script suggestions... oh boy this guy is a genius!
  • @Tamirwig and @shoey63 for their excellent job at testing early BETA's (Xperia Z)
  • @gregbradley for his extensive testing on the Xperia Z1

GitHub Repository:
https://github.com/xNUTx/XZDualRecovery

Downloads:
All past, current and future releases will appear on http://nut.xperia-files.com/ for download, also providing a QR code for easy downloading on your mobile The flashable file will bring any previous version to the latest release.

Well, enjoy!

The origins of this XZDualRecovery package are in the packages done by:
Krabappel2548, Cpasjuste and DooMLoRD
Thank you for your excellent work guys!

Your thanks (and donations) should (also) go out to them, they deserve it!

XDA:DevDB Information
XZDualRecovery, a Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia Z

Contributors
[NUT], AngelBob , shoey63 , Krabappel2548, DooMLoRD, Cpasjuste, Tungstwenty, sijav

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.6.3
Stable Release Date: 2013-07-18
Current Beta Version: 2.7.101
Beta Release Date: 2014-03-31

Created 2013-07-18
Last Updated 2014-04-16
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1resize.jpg
Views:	16399
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	2315159   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2resize.jpg
Views:	13991
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	2315160   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3resize.jpg
Views:	8466
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	2315161   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4vlv.jpg
Views:	8093
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	2315162   Click image for larger version

Name:	image5resize.jpg
Views:	7404
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	2315163  

Name:	image6resize.jpg
Views:	6515
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	2315164   Click image for larger version

Name:	image7resize.jpg
Views:	6818
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	2315165   Click image for larger version

Name:	sigpic4666971_18.gif.png
Views:	5978
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	2315166   Click image for larger version

Name:	eIDZ.png
Views:	6784
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	2315168   Click image for larger version

Name:	fYob.png
Views:	6475
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	2315170  

Name:	WujW.png
Views:	5824
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	2315171   Click image for larger version

Name:	AgsV.png
Views:	10332
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	2315173  

My devices:
Daily driver: Xperia Z (C6603)
Development Phones: Xperia T (LT30p), Xperia Z1 (C6903) Thanks to the XDA community!
Backup: Xperia Arc (LT15i)

My work for the community on XDA:
XZDualRecovery ~ Z1/ZU/Z/ZL DISASTER RECOVERY ~ [DYI Guide]Create a personalized ROM yourself! ~ The definitive root Remount-Reboot fix!

Update your Z1 to KK4.4.2!

My file hosting: http://nut.xperia-files.com/ ~ Please do not mirror my files!