Sense 5.0 coming to HTC Butterfly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
i just patched the updater-script to remove the versioncheck
For s-on installation do I extract boot image first then flash the zip or do I hv to lock my boot loader and do it from there or do I need to use the stock recovery how do I install and did the sense five ota work

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Well I guess the leaked sense five can't be made flashable for s-on and s-off users I wish we could find a working ruu

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
Well I guess the leaked sense five can't be made flashable for s-on and s-off users I wish we could find a working ruu

We can. It is just the Sense 5 ota is corrupted that's why we cannot flash it. If Zarboz can upload it again we can try for another time.

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Last edited:

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
Not quite. :D Yes we managed to install the zip (a fixed one from the corrupted file) got no errors on cwm but it just stays on the htc logo. So technically it is possible. We are now waiting for the original file from the original uploader. Hopefully it will be up by tonight.

I've also started to send the dump to Zarboz for the benefit of Droid DNA users. Who knows, Verizon might not act quickly on the update. :)

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Not quite. :D Yes we managed to install the zip (a fixed one from the corrupted file) got no errors on cwm but it just stays on the htc logo. So technically it is possible. We are now waiting for the original file from the original uploader. Hopefully it will be up by tonight.

I've also started to send the dump to Zarboz for the benefit of Droid DNA users. Who knows, Verizon might not act quickly on the update. :)

Is it for s-on users and do u jus extract boot image the flash the rom

surge27

Apr 8, 2012
Moto Z3 Play
OnePlus 11

Kudos to you and Zarboz for the time and effort & to the peep(s) that provided the leak.

How many times did you try to get it boot before giving up?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
Is it for s-on users and do u jus extract boot image the flash the rom

Your CID is HTC__621 right? On what version are you on? Are you rooted? Using stock or custom ROM?

Kudos to you and Zarboz for the time and effort & to the peep(s) that provided the leak.

How many times did you try to get it boot before giving up?

Tried 3 times, waited like 7-10 minutes each time.

Reactions: dan.lotfy

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Your CID is HTC__621 right? On what version are you on? Are you rooted? Using stock or custom ROM?

Tried 3 times, waited like 7-10 minutes each time.

Cid is HTC_621 unlocked and rooted with s-on software version is 1.18.709.3 I am on stock for now using sense 5 but I cud easily go bk on my stock Rom from a nandroid backup

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Cid is HTC_621 unlocked and rooted with s-on software version is 1.18.709.3 I am on stock for now using sense 5 but I cud easily go bk on my stock Rom from a nandroid backup

I use a killx kernel on stock doe

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
i think you all should take this over the air update and make a custom rom with it

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

hey are u making a flashable ota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmmm will redownload. By the way the source link is dead. :p

holy crap we got it installed :D
    I have X920D. I just got S-OFF and SuperCID. When I try to flash the 1.14.709.1 zip using the stock recovery it says that the build.properties are not matching, something like that.

So I rooted, and changed build.properties on build.prop file to 1.12.709.1 and all that stuff so that the OTA ZIP will think I am on a 709 TW ROM. It worked (I even got the official OTA notification to 1.17.709.1 lol), but the update stopped anew and it says there's some sort of assert check fail related to the SHA-1 checksum of the apk's. :p

Perhaps someone who have an X920D on the Asia_TW ROM can volunteer to reset his phone and make a nandroid backup and upload that? Not sure if that will work.

Best way is still to get that elusive Asia_TW 709 RUU. lol :silly:

ASIA_TW X920D 1.12.709.1 RUU

coming soon even if its just a P****.zip

found it all

im uploading now

so the RUU is for 1.04.709.5 then from there you can start taking the OTA;s

1.04-1.12
    1.12-1.14
    1.14-1.18
    1.18-leaked sense
    Do u have a link for stock recovery image

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39738138

Hit that thanks button once in a while...just sayin

ASIA_TW X920D 1.12.709.1 RUU

coming soon even if its just a P****.zip

WHOOOOSH! :good::good::good:

We are now one step away from tasting the official leaked Sense 5 and Jelly Bean 4.2.2! Hope you can upload by tonight so I can download for tomorrow's use. :D

Remember, make sure your Butterfly has S-OFF and SuperCID. Look for the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2253785
    @Zarboz: Pls help people by giving them a little more detail information because many people here are not professional.

DLXB1 is code name of HTC Butterfly X920d.

For your references:

HTC Butterfly will be receive Sense5 update as early as this month.

Butterfly Sense5 update without some functions.

HTC Zoe
    HTC Zoe need UltraPixel camera, but Butterfly haven’t it.
    HTC Sense TV
    Sense TV need IrDA port, but Butterfly haven’t it(without Japanese HTL21).
    so perhaps HTL21 Sense5 update have Sense TV.

Finally, Butterfly models Sense5 update progress.

HTC Butterfly X920d
    Final Field Testing.
    coming end of April.
    Test OTA update filename:OTA_DLXB1_U_JB_50_S hTC Asia TW 2.02.709.1-1.18.709.3_*********.zip.enc

HTC Butterfly X920e
    Field Testing.
    Coming early as next month.

HTC J butterfly HTL21
    Now In development.
    Coming soon.

This is List of receiving Sense 5 devices:

DROID DNA(DLX_WL) – Now In field test, as early as coming this month (TestROM RUU name:RUU_DLX_WL_JB_S_45_VERIZON_WWE)
    HTC Butterfly(DLXB1) – Now In field test, coming to this month(TestROM RUU name:RUU_DLXB1_U_JB_S_45_hTC_Asia_WWE)
    HTC Butterfly(DLX_U) – Now In deveopment, as early as coming late April or next month
    HTC J butterfly(DLX_J) – Now In development
    HTC One X(Endeavor) – Now In development
    HTC One X+(ENRC2B) – Now In development, as early as coming next month
    HTC One XL(Evita) – Now In development
    HTC One X+ for AT&T(Evitare) - Now In development, as early as coming next month
    DROID Incredible 4G LTE(Fireball) – Now In development
    HTC EVO 4G LTE(Jewel) – Now In development
    HTC J(Valente_WX) – Now In development, but KDDI_JP models(ISW13HT) have no plans
    HTC One S(Ville) – Now In development, but Snapdragon S3 models(VilleC2) have no plans

Source: http://htcleaks.wordpress.com/