[DISCONTINUED][GPL][ROM]AOSP Android 4.0.4 - 21/05

Search This thread

dzeig

Jan 7, 2013
I always overclock to 768MHz and I haven't got a problem.

Why I haven't updated yet? because I'm a little busy now, anyway, Internal changelog:

Build 12: just a test, almost nothing changed, I wanted to make sure to do a clean build.
Build 13: rebuilt from scratch, using erikcas device sources, USB Tethering works :)
Build 14: re-switched to wpa suplicant version 8 and WEXT drivers
Build 15: this is going to be the next build, and I hope this is going to be sooner, Wi-Fi tethering should work (I'm switching kernel source), the most important change is...I'm getting married (yes, my girlfriend said yes!!!!!!) the next month, but you're going to wait a little, I'm still working on this!

congrats. mr paul,,hopefully everything would be smooth and awesome as your roms...
wish ya all the best.

Reactions: vishal007

hsay

May 18, 2012
pune
@PaulL.
Sir all our best wishes are with you...
Instead of congratulating you I would like to congratulate your spouse who got someone like you....

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Nixoman

Apr 26, 2012
Kula/Novi Sad
Hey, can you please stop saying congratulation to Paul in this thread ? You are spaming too much !

(Sorry @Paul L but I don't want to spam in your thread)

Send from my StupidPhone using xda-developers app

his getting married, for god sake, its not a every day thing, aka its not spam...stop spaming with „stop spaming“ xD

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
Congrats, Paul !
Happy marriage and happy new release ! :p

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
Congratz Paul ... Have a stable and beautiful family just like your rom..... I am sure that the coming builds will be super energized :D:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    open_source.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

OK, I got a lot of time to work, and a blazing fast internet speed for now. So I decided to give AOSP a try, this is based on MoltenMotherBoard sources (from Gio), and for me atleast, is amazingly fast

What works?

Everything should work

What doesn't, yet
    You tell me!

What is next?

Cleanup, fixing minor bugs, etc

Downloads
    Code:
    [url]http://d-h.st/mza[/url]

OLD BUILDS

Code:
    [URL]http://d-h.st/Njk[/URL]  30/04
    [url]http://d-h.st/0ff[/url] 21/04
    [url]http://d-h.st/y9v[/url] 21/04 build 2
    [url]http://d-h.st/Jcl[/url] build 3 26/04

Code:
    [B]Sources:[/B]
    BASED ON: github.com/MoltenMotherBoard
    Device config: github.com/Paul-L/platform_device_samsung_tass
    Some fixes to Settings app: github.com/Paul-L/platform_packages_apps_Settings
    Needed samsung vendor files and config: github.com/Paul-L/platform_vendor_samsung

Credits
    Code:
    *androidarmv6 team
    *MoltenMotherBoard team
    *ItachiSan and Mackief
    *erikcas for his kernel source (it was included in MMB manifest)
    *Not me, I just used what I could find, and my head to get this to work, I'm not a developer, so you should thank ONLY these people

What this is and what this isn't
    This is not CyanogenMod, this is (mostly) vainilla Android, so don't expect me to add any customization.
    i compiled this ROM for the people who wants simplicity, who doesn't need a looooooooooooooot of customization options and want something fast enough for this device, or the people who wants to experiment the vainilla Android experience like in a Nexus device
    If you still want customization...
    Well then, I can do nothin' for you, but you can check these!

Based on this ROM

If you want more speed or a better experience, go here! Four AOSP Better User Experience PACKS

If you want TouchWiz, go here! Great theming and modding by A_U [AOSP][ICS][ROM] TouchWiz ICS V1

If you want a different type of customization, go here, another great modding by hsay [ROM][odexed]AOXPv1 [AOSP/AOKP]

If you want something done by autoradio (I have to admit, this ROM is kool!), you can grab New Experience[ROM][GPL][ODEXED][AOSP ICS 4.0.4][26-05-2013] New Experience

MODs (sorry for not taking a further view of them, but they deserve a place here!)

[mod] aosp 4.0.4 paul l. Build25
    [UPDATE V1.3][THEME] Xperia Theme V1.3 for ICS AOSP
    [GUIDE-MOD][ICS-JB] Cool Mod for ICS and JB[UPDATE 3]
    [Mod]Trebuchet non Vibrate AOSP-ICS
    [MOD][CM10.1][AOSP-ICS] Mega Mods

Thanks to these developers!

ANOTHER DISCLAIMER

Take in mind, this is mostly done by MMB team, and you, yes, you, those who are reading this, give support to them, in their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/moltenmotherboard?fref=ts, because they are the masterminds (lol) behind this ROM, I really, really do not like to take credit for something that is NOT mine. As I said before, I'm just taking the sources and getting it to work in our device, they did the dirty job, and a lot of devs like TheWhisp, erikcas, WaylandAce, psyke83 did a great job with this, go thank them, donate them, they deserve it. This is why I say that I'm not a dev

ABOUT CUSTOM ROMs/MODs.

Please, as I said, MMB team is the original creator of this ROM, go thank them, I give permission to everyone to use this ROM as a base, ONLY and ONLY if you credit MMB team (I do not need credits or thanks, I never needed them and I'm never going to need them). Remember that if you modify this ROM, you're on your own, I'm not going to give any support, this is AOSP, and is meant to be vainilla Android experience. I'm GPL compilant (or atleast I'm trying to), so, go ahead and do anything you want with my/MMB team code, but please provide the source as I did.
    Changelog

21/04
    Initial Release

21/04 build2
    More LDPI fixes
    Phone app fixed
    Changed some layouts, taken from Jellaxy (Thank them, not me)

26/04
    I built 3 build before releasing this one
    USB Mounting fixed
    New kernel in progress

Build 16 - 20, lost because a problem with the hard drive.
    Build 21, synced lastest MMB repos, some bluetooth edits by MMB, this fixes this particular problem http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=290
    Build 22, added a simple governour, fixed AudioFilter.csv, it needs to be in DOS format, not in Linux format
    Build 23, USB Tethering fixed
    Build 24, switched to MMB wpa_supplicant_6, this probably wasn't necessary at all.
    Build 25, fix a little derp and added a little list of tetherable data interfaces, THIS fixes ALL the Tethering problems, I don't know why it wasn't included by MMB team lolz.
    Some Screenshots (thanks to astrosp4c3)

8tpz99n_w300_h300.jpg
    4qgbjt3_w300_h300.jpg
    3zkpkpp_w300_h300.jpg
    hqt6d8z_w300_h300.jpg
    dym5p7c_w300_h300.jpg

On last build (11) I get problems with overclocking - device always reboot. I shure its kernel trouble.

I always overclock to 768MHz and I haven't got a problem.

Why I haven't updated yet? because I'm a little busy now, anyway, Internal changelog:

Build 12: just a test, almost nothing changed, I wanted to make sure to do a clean build.
    Build 13: rebuilt from scratch, using erikcas device sources, USB Tethering works :)
    Build 14: re-switched to wpa suplicant version 8 and WEXT drivers
    Build 15: this is going to be the next build, and I hope this is going to be sooner, Wi-Fi tethering should work (I'm switching kernel source), the most important change is...I'm getting married (yes, my girlfriend said yes!!!!!!) the next month, but you're going to wait a little, I'm still working on this!
    New build available

Why is build 25?, well, this is what I changed.

Build 16 - 20, lost because a problem with the hard drive.
    Build 21, synced lastest MMB repos, some bluetooth edits by MMB, this fixes this particular problem http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41452628&postcount=290
    Build 22, added a simple governour, fixed AudioFilter.csv, it needs to be in DOS format, not in Linux format :)
    Build 23, USB Tethering fixed
    Build 24, switched to MMB wpa_supplicant_6, this probably wasn't necessary at all.
    Build 25, fix a little derp and added a little list of tetherable data interfaces, THIS fixes ALL the Tethering problems, I don't know why it wasn't included by MMB team lolz.

I also have to add, because of the erikcas kernel, there may be some lag issues with the launcher (not in the rest of the system), this also needed a LUN Path file change, and the configuration (by MMB team) of the USB, please, don't post any issues with the USB, you have to unmount it from the computer first!!