[CUSTOM ROM] "TransfROMers" for Y DUOS (GT-S6102) [NOW WITH OTA UPDATES!!]

Search This thread

Typhus_

Hello!

Sorry for the double post but...

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE ON THE OP. (LOL! I couldn't rest until I got this working).

Instructions have been updated.

Changelog:

1 - New build. No need to flash a separate zip to fix anything.
2 - Added Build.prop tweaks
3 - New Status bar
4 - Change default screen and default apps position on the screen
5 - Play store updated
6 - init.d scripts working!!! :victory:

The phone is much more faster. Trust me. I used to doubt about inti.d scripts...now I believe in their awesomeness. ;)

Hope you enjoy it.

From this point forward, the updates should be all based on "changing the looks" (SystemUi, settings, phone, and other apk's).

Hasta!

P.S. - The updater-script has changed as well as the zip file. Based everything on XDuos and simply replaced their stuff with mine (and made some changes on the script, etc.). Thanks guys! YOU ROCK!

mrallyluz

Sep 16, 2012
Suzano
First of all good rom, but You can do a better Ui Visual! I will like more than this actual

Sent from my GT-S6102B using xda premium

mr.India

Sep 23, 2012
Did you asked permissions on zip usage and script? ;)

Sent from my XDuosV3 v1.5 using Tapatalk 2

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Did you asked permissions on zip usage and script? ;)

Sent from my XDuosV3 v1.5 using Tapatalk 2

Lol.. I hope its a joke.. :rolleyes::p
Because zip can be made by anyone and no one here made update binary.. all took it from somewhere.. and script is also not made by scratch by anyone here I'm sure.. its either dsixda kitchen or from some other existing roms.. we don't have to get into such minute details..

Edit: of course it should be edited and not used as it is.. if its used as a base. Then I don't see any issue

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.India

Typhus_

OTA Updates available!

Hello my friends!!

OTA UPDATES are now available on this incredible awesome ROM. (LOL!!) :victory:

Get the TransfROMers_V1_3_Update.zip and flash it through Recovery. If that link doesn't work, use THIS one instead.

From now on all updates will be available through OTA Updater app.

After you flash this update, OTA Updater should tell you that a new version (version 1.4) is available for download.

What? A new update!? Yep! :D

It's an update to add swipe to remove notification. :good:

I could have launched both updates in just one flashable zip but I needed to test the OTA updates.

So, have fun people!

Flash the 1.3 update and then update, through the OTA Updater, to version 1.4.

NOTE: If you got an error regarding MD5, try to access the OTA Updater app and then press your phone's Menu soft button (it's the soft button on the left of the Home button) and then choose "Update". It worked for me.

Last edited:

Typhus_

If its not mentioned in first page.. then no

Well, actually I'm trying to apply the Arabic patch that I've found HERE, but, after I've applied it, I wasn't able to choose Arabic region and text, so I guess I did something wrong, or that I have to do something else before applying it. If anyone knows how to do it properly, I would be grateful.

Now, I'm working on a new statusbar but I'm not satisfied with the result yet, that's why I still haven't launched any new update.

For the time being, and if anyone still uses this ROM, I recommend you to install AdAway. The thing is, I've released the ROM with a 5MB hosts file, the primary objective was to avoid all publicity. But, unfortunately, that hosts file caused a major lag every time I wanted to surf the web, or use Google play, etc. And so, if you install AdAway. you'll still avoid publicity and will get a smaller host file.

Now I surf perfectly on the web. :good:

Cya soon!

Typhus_

Update 1.6 Available

Hello!

Update 1.6* is now available through OTA Update.

What changed:

Added AdWay app to replace the hosts file.
New ClockWidget.apk (taken from Monster$ Rom, so thanks to Omkar$)
New statusbar (still not the final statusbar...I will keep working on this...)
framework-res edited in order to replace the dull black background through almost apps

Updated apps:

Maps
NofrillsCPUControl
OTAUpdater
Superuser
Play Store
Youtube

Hope you guys enjoy it.

* - This was supposed to be version 1.5 but I've had to fix SystemUI.apk after launching version 1.5. And so, due to OTAUpdater limitations, I had to release a new version after updating to 1.5 on OTA.

Reactions: Omkar$

Typhus_

Hello!

Version 1.7 is up!

Changelog:

New GenieWidget (modded and transparent)
New DeskClock (it's a themed DeskClock from the CM7 one)
New Calculator (CM7 calc...)
Updated Superuser

NOTE: I'm currently just using one SIM, so don't strange the screens, ok?

SCREENS

qz3m.png
2k4n.png
azo3.png

1c1y.png
adv3.png
n6me.png

04da.png
z1d6.png
adh.png

Have fun!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    trans1z.jpg

A "themed custom ROM" based on stock XXMA3 firmware released in Spain on February of 2013.

SCREENS

beginp.png
    maindy.png
    drawer.png

lockmf.png
    rpattern.png
    wpattern.png

settingsrc.png
    extrascz.png
    frameoa.png

systemtrans.png
    wallco.png
    spacehl.png

versionof.png

For more screens please check the change logs since I've uploaded new screenshots there.

FEATURES

This is basically a stock ROM with some goodies:

• Compact Kernel
    • Deodexed
    • Rooted
    • Busybox included
    • init.d supported (Finally it's working properly!!! :victory:)
    • Zipaligned apks
    • Lesser system storage occupied
    • Themed boot animation without sound
    • Custom Setup Wizard
    • Power off video removed
    • Roboto Font
    • Custom WiFi/Battery/Apps and other Icons
    • ICS Style Settings with Extra settings
    • Custom Windows Animations
    • Custom transparent Status Bar with modded 15 toggles; Settings button; Two Distinct layouts; Swipe to remove notifications and Custom clear button
    • Custom lock screen (only with lock pattern)
    • Themed wallpapers and sounds
    • All stock ringtones, alarms and notification sounds removed
    • Samsung apps removed
    • Modded TouchWiz30Launcher with 5 Icon Dock, alphabetical apps order and transparent notification bar
    • Audio boost (MegaBass booster)
    • Edited hosts file (almost ZERO pub)
    • Bravia Engine (not 100% sure if it's really doing anything...but it's there)
    • Better GPS config for Europe users
    • No more Zombie art by Jack Larson. Custom image and message instead.;)
    • All stock GB languages available, although I deliver only FULL translation for English and Portuguese
    • Signature verification off for system apps
    • OTA Updates (You must flash update version 1.3 through recovery in order to activate this feature. Check "Instructions and downloads" please.)

I've included some scripts for tweaks (check out init.d folder on /system/etc/. You may add others afterwards, if you want to.

INSTRUCTIONS AND DOWNLOADS

The first thing I recommend you to do is to preform a nandroid backup (it's optional, but highly recommendable).

Secondly, if you want a clean install, get the XXMA3 Stock Firmware from HERE. This is a stock firmware package ready to be flashed through Odin and it's the one I've used as base. I've downloaded it from SamMobile and then created it using SplitFUS2.

Don't know how to use Odin? Click HERE!

Relevant downloads:

Download ClockWorkMod Recovery (if you don't have it already). Don't know where to download it? Just search for Millan.SIS CWM (for example)
    Download TransfROMers_V1_2.zip (Please don't make any mirrors...)

Optional downloads:

Download and extract Rings_Notif_Alarms.rar -> OPTIONAL! Not needed for the ROM to work. These are just some custom ringtones, notifications and alarms arranged by me.
    Download and extract Original Sounds.rar -> OPTIONAL! Only if you want the original stock sounds (in case you don't enjoy the ones included with the ROM).
    Download and extract APK.rar -> OPTIONAL! These are just some cool apps that I use (specially Noozy Player).

Enough downloading, let's get started:

• Place the downloaded zip file (and optional extracted folders) on your SD Card's root.
    • Turn off the phone
    • Access stock Recovery (Turn on the phone with this Key combo -> Long press Home+Volume up+Power Button)
    • Choose Wipe DATA
    • Choose Wipe CACHE
    • Choose Apply Update from SD card
    • Choose CWM -> you will boot into CWM Recovery
    • Wipe DATA and CACHE again via CWM
    • Go to Advanced
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Wipe Battery Stats (only if your Battery is full, otherwise, don't do it)
    • Press Back Button
    • Choose Install zip From SDCARD
    • Choose zip From SDCARD
    • Select -> TransfROMers_V1_2.zip
    • Choose “yes...."
    • Wait for the Rom's installation to finish
    • Press Back Button and choose "Reboot"
    • DONE!

To enable OTA Updates, please click the link to Version 1.3 and follow instructions.
    NOTES

Since I didn't include kuro's data2sd script, I recommend you to use Links2SD in order to minimize the phone's storage. Don't know how to use it? Just click HERE.

Deadly's compact kernel has "THE" brightness bug. In order to fix that, just access CPU control and set the Freq. min clock to 312Mhz. For more information about this, click HERE.

Don't forget to enable all windows animations. :)

CREDITS

The credits are listed in no particular order.

All XDA members listed here deserve a very BIG THANKS from all of us:

• mlody95pl for his [TUT] How to modify TouchWiz Launcher
    • byrong for his [MOD] Pattern Lock screen - remove/add information
    • HTCDreamOn for his [THEME] ICS Lockscreen + ICS Style Pattern Lock
    • claimui for his [GUIDE] Pattern Lock Tweaks - Wallpaper Brightness, Pattern Lock Dots, etc.
    • balamu96m for his [GUIDE] ICS Style 'Settings.apk' - Make it yourself !! !!
    • Millan.SIS for CWM, his guides and for his custom ROM (which I've used to compare stuff)
    • lokeshsaini94 for his [GUIDE] [how to] CREATE OWN ROM [FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE] [FOR N00B] [EASIEST METHODS]
    • dsixda for his awesome Android Kitchen
    • mendozinas and all other members from Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen
    • Ticklefish for his awesome [TOOL]Tickle My Android and his guides
    • despotovski01 for his awesome [TOOL]Boot Animation Factory
    • lidroid for his [GUIDE]How to add customizable 14 statusbar toggle buttons for samsung ROM and quickpanel settings
    • darwin25 for his 15 Toggles for Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
    • KnightlyNinja for Noozy player
    • geva28 for MegaBass [audio booster]
    • Deadly for his Compact Kernel, all of his guides and deodexed stock ROM (which I've used as an example to build my own)
    • Kenjboy for his awesome XDuos ROM (which I've used to compare stuff)
    • manoranjan2050 for his flashable firmware packages via odin and guides
    • Doky73 for his awesome [TOOL] SplitFUS -create your own Odin ready pack
    • raw99 for his work around XDuos ROM, for his awesome services.jar and for all his help. I owe you big time buddy.
    • UCHIHA for all his work for our Y DUOS (GIJ ROCKS, no matter what), for his wisdom and for inspiring me to do this.
    • abhirockz for his (Icon Pack)ICS Icon Pack v.3
    • plugged_in_now for his [Icons] Cyanogen Style Icon Pack
    • cleverior.ipul for his [GUIDE][GB] How to change text Zombie Art By Jack Larson on Platlogo
    • hrk for "NoFrills" CPU Control
    • Mobile Idea Studio for Super Backup
    • Chainfire for SuperSU
    • M3nti0n and all team members from OTA Update Center
    And, last but not least..

• Me. For spending a lot of my free time around this and for having spent more than 3 hours just writing this post. Geez!

CHANGE LOG

Version 1.1
    Version 1.2
    Versions 1.3 and 1.4
    Versions 1.5 and 1.6
    Version 1.7
    Version 1.8
    Version 1.9
    Version 2.0

ENJOY AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR DOWNLOADS SO FAR!!!

lwvz.png

As usual, I am not responsible if you brick your phone, or if any other x-file kind of stuff happens to your device. Although I think it's quite impossible to do that (if you've followed my instructions), remember that you're doing this because you want to and not because I'm telling you to.
    Version 2.0

Hello!

Version 2.0 is up!

Changelog:

New Cool Framework
    Updated Apps

Dual SIM features corrected on DialerTabActivity.apk and Contacts.apk

SCREENS

5flm.png
    7d11.png

3nlh.png
    2dsk.png
    b7ay.png

78ku.png
    qprb.png
    wqbz.png

8n7s.png
    k8yu.png
    916t.png

obh3.png
    4irl.png

66sk.png
    qh8e.png
    2rwj.png

You don't need to wipe anything for the update.

Remember, every update includes the older ones, and so, if you've just flashed this ROM today you will automatically be able to update it to it's last version.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Have fun!
    Hello!

I didn't add akuro data2sd simply because there are other simple alternatives. I use Link2SD and never had any problems. It's much more user friendly and doesn't involve the need to access akuro's log to see if everything's ok nor the need to copy/paste the /data/data folder.

I may add seeder though as well as other scripts that boost WiFi (although I don't notice anything wrong on my phone...).

Cheers from Portugal!
    finally your secret project has been released..
    nice work buddy..:good:

Sent from my XDuosV3 1.5 by XDV3 team