Headphones for One are unbranded beats

Search This thread

damagecase13

May 11, 2007
I am absolutely loving the packaged headphones. I really wasn't expecting much out of them, but I was happily surprised! For in box headphones they are really really great. Having one single button is a bummer though, wish it had previous and next buttons. They do have a Mic thigh right? Haven't tried making a call with them yet.

Sent from my HTC One

mrflip69

May 5, 2011
In the same camp.

IEM > Earbuds. Sound quality and comfort. I've never heard of high end earbuds, but IEMS can go upwards of $500+.

Earbuds give me the same pain where they sit. Could never get them to be comfortable. A lot of people don't know how to properly fit IEMS and get a good seal, so they end up blowing out the volume/driver and thinking the quality sucks.

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
HTC One headphones

Does anyone know if the headphones are model RC E240? That's what HTC sells on their website and I will buy them if it's as good as they say the stock headphones here are.

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007

daboscovellen

Jan 6, 2012
I actually wasn't that impressed with the stock headphones - but then again, I think Beats are generally overpriced crap too. I'm not trying to complain, because they were included for free and are fine as a backup or for running, but compared with any decent set of IEMs, the bass is too loose and boomy, and the mids and highs are muddy. All I'm saying is, if I were going to be buying headphones for the one (which has a great headphone amp that can power good sets), these definitely wouldn't be my first choice - although if you're only going to spend $10, they might be almost as good as anything else in that category. I'd at least go to HeadFi and check out a thread called "Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared" to see the options first.

Last edited:
Reactions: ECEXCURSION

bouss

Jun 19, 2010
Thessaloniki
Anyone able to skip tracks using the oem headset? I tried using some apps that promised to make skipping songs possible but none of them worked as intended.

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
I actually wasn't that impressed with the stock headphones - but then again, I think Beats are generally overpriced crap too. I'm not trying to complain, because they were included for free and are fine as a backup or for running, but compared with any decent set of IEMs, the bass is too loose and boomy, and the mids and highs are muddy. All I'm saying is, if I were going to be buying headphones for the one (which has a great headphone amp that can power good sets), these definitely wouldn't be my first choice - although if you're only going to spend $10, they might be almost as good as anything else in that category. I'd at least go to HeadFi and check out a thread called "Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared" to see the options first.

Yeh, for $10, they are a great pair.

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Anyone able to skip tracks using the oem headset? I tried using some apps that promised to make skipping songs possible but none of them worked as intended.

What music player are you using. Stock Music player blocks this function. I've been happily using headset controller with the stock headset whilst running poweramp

one press - play/pause
two presses - skip track
three presses - volume up one nothc
four presses - volume down one notch
double tap and hold - previous track.

Stock Music player doesn't allow this, blame HTC

tkoreaper

Jan 13, 2011
Considering beats are mediocre at best (You can spend the same amount of money and get a much higher quality headphone) the headphones included with the phone are just that... mediocre. They are better, however, that what most phones come with, but when the device costs upwards of $850 you should at least get that much.

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Considering beats are mediocre at best (You can spend the same amount of money and get a much higher quality headphone) the headphones included with the phone are just that... mediocre. They are better, however, that what most phones come with, but when the device costs upwards of $850 you should at least get that much.

Better off just buying the RC E240 that allows you to change volume as well as skip tracks and answer calls etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The headphones on this phone are really good.I have over the ear studio beats and these ear buds produce more base and are very clear Htc bought half of Beats so what technology u think they will use?Very surprised nobody is talking about the quality of the headphones I tried my gf new iphone 5 headphones and these destroy them it was funny watching her face.I Think the ear buds are unbranded Beats

Sent from my SGH-I957R using xda app-developers app
    How do you keep them in the ear?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Glue.
    Does anyone know if the headphones are model RC E240? That's what HTC sells on their website and I will buy them if it's as good as they say the stock headphones here are.

this is the exact headset. actually OEM and shipped from china. only took 3weeks to get to the states.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271196755697?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    I found that they have too much bass

Not possible :)

The buds are indeed suprisingly capable.
    I have. pretty cheap soundmagic. earphones, ( pl-21) they sound. so much. better. and. only. cost. 25 euros. and they. even have. a Mic. and button.

LoL

Cost is not everything. It's amazing how these new brands of headphones have come out and gotten people to pay $$$ for such low quality products. They take what essentially boils down to a turd and then spend tons on design and marketing and then charge a inflated price but none of the money went into the product which would be SOUND QUALITY. It's a truly amazing and if I'm not mistaken a new phenomena. And then you also have to consider you are not in the US. The average UK listener has a much better chance of hearing/owning quality audio components. People in the US for the most part do not. An example would be I'm sure you are familiar with the brand NAD. 90% of the people in the US would not be.

Also some food for though Bass=good to like 90% of people. Doesn't have to be good bass just bass which we know Beats does have :silly:

/end rant