[App]HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing[21/07/2009]

Search This thread

2kmy477

Dec 9, 2005
My Sprint Diamond w/latest stock ROM worked great,my 2 netbooks see the SSID and connect rightaway.

baraev

May 27, 2008
Sofia
It does NOT work on omnia i900, like the actual program works and it starts accepting conn etc. but I cant find the network on my PC!!! Like everybody else reported with there omnia! :)

bigsexyy81

Jul 9, 2007
Sprint Touch Pro, stock rom.

Not working.

HTC Wifi Sharing shows it's connected and ready to accept connections but doesn't show up in wireless networks list.

Downloaded WMWifiRouter Trial and it connects immediately and is available in the wireless networks list on my pc.

slayer69

Jul 3, 2009
San Diego, CA.
DNS showing local IP

Hey all,

I have installed this app on a MightyRom 6 (WM 6.5) Touch Diamond and am able to see the connection on my laptop and IPOD touch. They both connect just fine, but are unable to browse the internet. What I noticed is that the DNS address is being pointed to 192.168.1.1 which is a local IP and should not be that way. I am on Cricket network and am wandering if there are other Cricket users out there using this app that have been able to get this too work. Or if anyone knows a way to fix this would be great. Love the idea of this app and cant wait to use it!!!!!

kiwiruss

May 3, 2008
Verizon HTC Touch Pro with stock rom CE OS 5.2.20769 (build 20769.1.4.5)
Not working , tried reinstalling, and soft resets - no luck. wmwifirouter works.

HTC Touch-Pro

Feb 15, 2009
I have been trying to use this application for a while now, with no luck. My Alltel Touch Pro should be compatible with this software since I've been using WiFiRouter for a few months successfully, but I am hitting a brick wall.

Anyone else having issues that they came up with a way to overcome on this model, or winmo in general? Thanks a lot, I am very excited at the prospective benefit this offers all tethering winmo users; luckily for me, Alltel does not cap Data Plans, last month I used almost 8 gb's of bandwidth!!!

ptownoddy

Oct 7, 2008
Can't see WIFI on laptop after running CM Internet Sharing

I downloaded and installed this program today onto my HTC Fuze running WM 6.5 Pro (CE Os 5.2.21815 Build 21815.5.0.50) but after running it with the program shortcut, my laptop simply does not see it at all. It's not my laptop because I can pick up other networks no problem. The laptop is set to find ANY network. How to I get this thing to work?

captblaze

Aug 11, 2007
Microsoft Surface Duo
I have been trying to use this application for a while now, with no luck. My Alltel Touch Pro should be compatible with this software since I've been using WiFiRouter for a few months successfully, but I am hitting a brick wall.

Anyone else having issues that they came up with a way to overcome on this model, or winmo in general? Thanks a lot, I am very excited at the prospective benefit this offers all tethering winmo users; luckily for me, Alltel does not cap Data Plans, last month I used almost 8 gb's of bandwidth!!!

I downloaded and installed this program today onto my HTC Fuze running WM 6.5 Pro (CE Os 5.2.21815 Build 21815.5.0.50) but after running it with the program shortcut, my laptop simply does not see it at all. It's not my laptop because I can pick up other networks no problem. The laptop is set to find ANY network. How to I get this thing to work?

do you have ICS installed? there is a .cab floating about (cant remember where it is) that installs Internet Connection Sharing on your device. it also sets all the registry entries needed. once you have that installed the program will work as stated

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Hmm... OK I have a wierd problem.

Installed the app, launched fine, SSID appeared.... but I can't connect to adhoc access points on my work laptop (what I intended using it for) so I removed the app from the "remove programs" panel.

Since then, I can't connect via 3G anymore. Well that's not true, it does connect in the sense that the icon shows I'm connected but I get 0 throughput. I've soft reset, re-run the connection wizard to ensure the settings are correct, soft reset again. If I connect via Wifi with 3G disconnected and I try and access the internet, it simply reconnects the 3G and fails.

It's probably something silly but I'm pulling my hair out.

I tried to re-install the app and see if it work again with it installed - same.

Anyone got any ideas?

The cab does not hold any registry settings that should interfere with your Internet settings.

But there's no real telling what HTC is letting the app do under the hood.

I don't know why I cannot change the router name and the password?
I am using the Diamond.

I cannot see any OK/cancel button to startup and stop the wifirouter.
I only can check the "Use these setting...." then restart to startup.
Is it use this way to start the WIFIrouter?

What language is the Rom you are running?
The Cab is for WWE English only ATM.

There where some posts back up about renaming the MUI.

momyc

Dec 13, 2008
Montreal
Not working also on my HTC Touch Diamond (Stock Rogers ROM 1.93).

The program is installed without problems on device , but not network has been seen on my laptop (like XDA_Wifi...)

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
There has been some posts in this thread, other threads and on other sites that got me a bit worried.
Especially a few comparisons between this HTC solution and Chainfire’s
WMWifiRouter solution.
CM internet sharing is a very simple solution that we have little to no control over. It’s nice to see that HTC is forced to innovate because of good ideas from developers. After letting users wait years for just such a solution, that should have been added a long time ago. And because it wasn’t added, a developer fills in the gap and makes the solution.
Looking at the response to Wifi sharing, it can be said that this is a much wanted and needed feature.
That said it is only logical that it has a market value.
Especially if it has more and better configuration options for some one that will actually NEED a solution like this.
XDA is not about getting everything for free, it is about understanding how things work and make them better and get them working on older devices.
And though not everyone might know this, but Chainfire is just the kind of developer that fills in the gaps that HTC refuses to fill, from working on Graphics drivers to releasing/opening GPS ports quicker and that nicely ported and Skinned Manila interface with CFC compression your probably looking at every day.
Yes getting stuff out there, that isn’t supposed to be out there, can be fun, unless it creates a reason for people to start vent their opinions in unfashionable manners.
So if you really like Wifi Sharing and believe it is something you really need, maybe it would be good to consider Actually buying a solution that can be configured. (personally i don't need Wifi Sharing but i do need a good alarm so i don't mind couching up some money for that)
And if you just want to try out the HTC version, then have fun with it.
But don’t go *****in on someone’s hard work, or we will all find ourselves on a very boring XDA when there’s no one left to fill up the gaps HTC leaves behind.
I consider my enthusiasm to get CM internet Sharing out there a Fail towards someone I find has made more important contributions then mine to this forum, for that I am sorry.

Last edited:

wg5566

Feb 5, 2009
SEA
Don't be too hard on this. Someone did it before this. More functionalities, less interface, more control for advanced users, but also more confuse for common users. It's also free. Called ICS Control.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing

Thanks To Tom_Codon For Sharing the Package from his New Tom Topaz Rom.

I resized and compressed The Graphics for VGA and Compressed The Exe File.

So this looks to be Working Without any Dependencies, Please Give feedback so others know where it is or isn't working.

I know people want this, so Getting it out there was Prime Directive. (Not sitting on something that will be out in a month or two, keeping it just for myself in roms i cook, sharing it)

Share Your Internet Connection As A Wifi HotSpot, Thank you HTC for looking at what users want.

Download

It is adviced to install this with the Topaz CommManager as its an add on to a newer version.Does Not have a Shortcut in Programs because it has a Control Panel >> Connections entry!

QVGA Version By wapvirus + HTC Sroll
    Did anyone know that this app works for HTC Evo for sprint its amazing!

No, because the Evo is running Android. This is a Windows Mobile app. Wireless tether works on the Evo and accomplishes the same thing. Actually more since you can connect multiple clients at once and it runs in router mode.