Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77 View Post
Use my howto in signature

That's for building a rom from source for the new bl. He's trying to port it

Quote:
Originally Posted by azharshaikh7866 View Post
Even I tried porting this ROM using this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1908008
It booted but stuck on chameleon os logo......tried adblogcat but it shows no devices in list of devices in cmd

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
I wasn't aware of the existence of such a thread, or else it may have saved me some thinking and work earlier
But it won't work for all roms.

About the porting procedure:
The folders except those 4 dont have to be deleted and replaced, rather they need to be merged and replace the similarly named files(I've not read that guide, but just stating it) . This means that some additional files in the original old bl ROM (such as invoke-as in xbin folder in this case) which are required by the ROM wont be deleted while porting.

Secondly, also just check out the updater script first time while porting a ROM, to see if there are any special changes to be made or lines to be maintained in it. In this case, there is a set permissions line for invoke-as and a symlink in addition. Those two are :
Code:
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/invoke-as");
symlink("/cache/srec/", "/system/usr/srec/en-US");
Lastly, I think now its better that we narrow down to only the files required to be ported.
So here's what is recommended to port from now, instead of all those folders:

boot.img, META-INF

/system/bin/:
.dump_image, Flash_image, setup-recovery, vold, recovery

/system/etc/:
recovery-resource.dat, vold.fstab

/system/lib/modules (all files in it)

/system/lib/liblgeril.so

That's right boys and girls, that's how you port a rom to the other bootloader