ViperRez?

Search This thread

Nanashi1231

Apr 1, 2012
From what I heard, most of the team moved to developing ViperRom for the HTC ONE X. It's a good bet they're either focusing on the HTC DNA or the ONE now.

Sent from my Rezound using xda app-developers app

Piaband

May 18, 2011
Viperrez is still the best ROM out. All the jellybean ROMs have serious bugs

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

YeloSub7

Jan 13, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21
I heard some rumors about that, but couldn't find any hard evidence. It looked like they were even testing a beta version. And then nothing... I hoped they would at least be more forthcoming about ditching the Rezound if that's what really happened.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dragonrazorz

Piaband

May 18, 2011
I'm running Infection 2.5 as a daily driver and have very few issues with it. When's the last time you visited the JB ROMs? Even camera and video playback is fixed now.

Last version I tried was 2.3, but I've been following the threads and it still seems like people are having issues. I heard camera was still messed up. I just can't go to grab my phone and have core functionality not work. I ,might give it a try again soon...but I'll be honest. I think I like sense better than aosp. Never thought I'd say that.

That's really the reason viperrez is so great. Its the most stable non-stock ROM I've ever used. I haven't had a bug in over a year of running it and it offers better features and battery life than stock. There is no reason to not be running it.

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

feralicious

Jun 9, 2011
City of Angels
ViperRez had no support after its initial release. After about 8 months of empty promises of an update they finally closed the thread and were supposedly going to reopen it when the update was ready. But of course it never came and the closing of the thread was the final nail in the coffin.

Try EclipticRez. It's fantastic. Smooth and the support is awesome. New version just came out last week.

I've been considering flashing this ROM...what do you think makes it better? What kernel are you using with it?

Well for starters it's is: actually being updated, HDMI out is supposed to work (haven't tried yet though), comes preloaded with all snuzzo's kernels, super smooth, almost all themes from viper rez work, I get great battery life with it
http://db.tt/Mk4GyYeE
http://db.tt/tnlX05Oe

Those r 2 different days

I use lunar kernel which is sense 4 optimized

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

epy0nkaru

Dec 11, 2012
New York
I've been considering flashing this ROM...what do you think makes it better? What kernel are you using with it?

the only, and i mean ONLY thing viperRez has over ecliptic rez is the visual customization: icons, sense colors, statusbar, etc

also consider that everything sense on viperRez is downscaled to qHD (it really shows in the music app, for example).

Better support all around.

Also, Joelz DID update the rom, but it's in eternal beta and you have to get his permission from the viperRom forums or something

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ViperRez had no support after its initial release. After about 8 months of empty promises of an update they finally closed the thread and were supposedly going to reopen it when the update was ready. But of course it never came and the closing of the thread was the final nail in the coffin.

Try EclipticRez. It's fantastic. Smooth and the support is awesome. New version just came out last week.
    They ditched it as soon as the next Verizon HTC device came out and do what he said eclipticrez is way better than viperrez hands down

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ViperRez was my favorite ICS ROM. But I like Jelly Bean now. And puppies!
    I heard some rumors about that, but couldn't find any hard evidence. It looked like they were even testing a beta version. And then nothing... I hoped they would at least be more forthcoming about ditching the Rezound if that's what really happened.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2