Post Pictures taken by Tmobile Samsung Galaxy s4

Search This thread

Burner2K0

Dec 24, 2010
Miami
I still don't know how to make the background blurry on these kind of pictures they look really nice and detailed

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

You have to tap focus on your foreground subject, anything behind it will blur but it also depends on how close the subject is to the lense. The closer, the more blur you get.

Reactions: s4sanchez

Burner2K0

Dec 24, 2010
Miami
With flash in a some-what dark room.

Attachments

• 20130521_204930.jpg
    20130521_204930.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: RanceedaW

Underground_XI

Feb 28, 2012
Yet I still think whatever iphone comes up next it's still gonna be the same thing

I am saying that iphone has always had the best camera. Hate that **** as much as you want, so do i, but iphone camera and design there is no comparison!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
I am saying that iphone has always had the best camera. Hate that **** as much as you want, so do i, but iphone camera and design there is no comparison!

Im gonna have to say their 8mp camera was better that any other smartphone camera until this and its not too far behind this one. But that is the only thing better. Iphone is still poop in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Underground_XI

Feb 28, 2012
You can't compare and 8mp camera to a 13mp come on

It is not the pixel it is the lens buddy. Useless to continue this conversation because I already see how much you know about photography.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Im gonna have to say their 8mp camera was better that any other smartphone camera until this and its not too far behind this one. But that is the only thing better. Iphone is still poop in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Agree.

Prolyfyk1982

Feb 26, 2012
I have to agree with Mr. Bird and Underground. Marketing makes mp out to be a big deal when in reality it almost exclusively affects print size and print quality NOT image quality. 13mp on a camera phone in my opinion is overkill and simply something nice to put as a bullet point when discussing features. Image quality is determined by many different factors and I'm afraid that mp is probably the least of them. With the right set up a 8mp camera can out perform a 14mp camera of lesser quality no problem. The 14mp camera would only be better at making bigger more detailed prints and that's it. That's why you don't see Apple jumping on the mp bus because they use better image and lighting sensors rather than bigger megapixal sensors which for a phone simply aren't needed. Correct me if I'm wrong Mr. Bird :)

Last edited:

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
I have to agree with Mr. Bird and Underground. Marketing makes mp out to be a big deal when in reality it almost exclusively affects print size and print quality NOT image quality. 13mp on a camera phone in my opinion is overkill and simply something nice to put as a bullet point when discussing features. Image quality is determined by many different factors and I'm afraid that mp is probably the least of them. With the right set up a 8mp camera can out perform a 14mp camera of lesser quality no problem. The 14mp camera would only be better at making bigger more detailed prints and that's it. That's why you don't see Apple jumping on the mp bus because they use better image and lighting sensors rather than bigger megapixal sensors which for a phone simply aren't needed. Correct me if I'm wrong Mr. Bird :)

I'm gonna have to agree with you. I have a 10mp canon rebel xs and it takes way better pics than this or any point and shoot. It may be a dated dslr but the sensor quality among other factors are very important. Mp is mostly about the size of the print. Apple uses very good sensors. My gs2 with 8mp sucked unless the lighting was just right and it still wasn't all that great.

sent from my jelly bean infused note 10.1

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
I found that auto night detection fixes the "dark" problem if you dont want to use flash. Its not as pronounced as the Ones clarity....but that doesnt give you clarity .gag., then use "Perfectly Clear" to fix dark shots as it is indeed the Achilles heel & GS4 Camera is unmatched.
2013-05-26%2010.31.17.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RanceedaW

Prolyfyk1982

Feb 26, 2012
Here is another macro!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369763717265.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369763717265.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369763757674.jpg