Dissapointed by the xperia Z

Search This thread

Ame123

Dec 30, 2012
First you don't know if it's the game or the phone.....

And 1 hour later you're sure that it's the game and not the phone... that goes fast, I think you just don't know what you want.

I came from the Galaxy Note and there were a lot more custom roms that right, but you're only thinking at one thing:
More options.

More roms doesn't have to mean that things will be optimized, many times it's just a GUI difference, if you just want that why not invest your time learning UCCW the possibilities are endless and the good thing is that you can use the same setup on almost every phone, you can't do that with custom roms.
The biggest downside for me:
Example: Lets say you install Custom rom X made by developer Y, what happens when Developer Y buys another phone and decides not to do anything anymore with Custom rom X, that means no more bug fixes and you're stuck with a rom that isn't supported anymore.
The more custom roms the more chances of that happening.

Ok..m soryy mate..I will delete my post..thank u for the coment..:thumbup:

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

iDroid8

Dec 18, 2012
London
I think it's more a case of coveting what you don't have. It seems better because you don't have it, but trust me, after using an HTC One it's is REALLY weird to go back without having onscreen buttons.

Tommy-Geenexus

Apr 30, 2013
I live on a Stone Hill.
The Support here is good enough.
On my n7 we have so many roms, but they are mostly the same. Also there aren't that many kernels you think.

Sent from my MT15i using xda app-developers app

ckyy

May 16, 2013
Coming from the xperia arc i can say...quality over quantity. Hundreds of roms and all of them were bull**** tbh.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk 2

abd_alazeez2002

Sep 8, 2010
Why don't you donate money or support devs here, if you want something specific from them.
Instead of talking.

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

LBTaylor1984

Aug 22, 2005
London
I have to admit the Xperia Z is a good phone, but I have to say after using my one for a few months it's nothing exceptional. The waterproofing is novel, but somewhat limited due to the fact that the screen is useless while being in water. Also once you try other phones you kinda realise the xperia isn't pushing the boundaries of tech, only that it's probably the best looking phone on the market.

I checked out the tablet, and while it's a nice looking device it's not exactly setting the world on fire. If the screen was like the nexus 10 with the body of the xperia, and the apps of the samsung it would be killer, however it's not and thats the same problem with the phone.

The screen is ok. the ui is pretty, the small apps will never be popular with devs nor as useful as the samsung ones, like multiview.
Again the camera supposed to be stunning, it's good i do agree, better than the S4 no

I bought the xperia z as i hoped it would be the game changer being superior with the camera, better ui and better built and more functional.

While i don't have the money to swap out my phone at the moment, I will be changing it asap as I do feels it's not as useful as i i would like, let alone the battery isn't stellar either.

I left samsung for many reasons UI being the main one, but after leaving the fold for a few months, I shall be returning, i'm not a fan of Samsung and there plastic but there software is really showing it's colours after using something else.

Last edited:

Ame123

Dec 30, 2012
I have to admit the Xperia Z is a good phone, but I have to say after using my one for a few months it's nothing exceptional. The waterproofing is novel, but somewhat limited due to the fact that the screen is useless while being in water. Also once you try other phones you kinda realise the xperia isn't pushing the boundaries of tech, only that it's probably the best looking phone on the market.

I checked out the tablet, and while it's a nice looking device it's not exactly setting the world on fire. If the screen was like the nexus 10 with the body of the xperia, and the apps of the samsung it would be killer, however it's not and thats the same problem with the phone.

The screen is ok. the ui is pretty, the small apps will never be popular with devs nor as useful as the samsung ones, like multiview.
Again the camera supposed to be stunning, it's good i do agree, better than the S4 no

I bought the xperia z as i hoped it would be the game changer being superior with the camera, better ui and better built and more functional.

While i don't have the money to swap out my phone at the moment, I will be changing it asap as I do feels it's not as useful as i i would like, let alone the battery isn't stellar either.

I left samsung for many reasons UI being the main one, but after leaving the fold for a few months, I shall be returning, i'm not a fan of Samsung and there plastic but there software is really showing it's colours after using something else.

I agree with you freind...but I cannot change my phone for atleast 3 years..

ianrobbie

Nov 23, 2012
Samsung software is really showing it's colours? Is that the same software which manages to lag a cutting edge phone? The same software which has takes up just under 8Gb of memory on a 16Gb phone? The same software that every ROM I've seem shuns in favour of another launcher. Samsung should ditch the touchwiz UI and just stuck to the regular Android UI. And before you ask, I have owned a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy S3 and, briefly an S4, which I promptly swapped for my Xperia Z and have not regretted that choice for one second since I did it. The Sony UI is smooth, pretty much lag free and highly optimised.
You can't say that about Samsung's Touchwiz.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Lemagex

Feb 18, 2013
Melbourne
Google Pixel 4a
Samsung software is really showing it's colours? Is that the same software which manages to lag a cutting edge phone? The same software which has takes up just under 8Gb of memory on a 16Gb phone? The same software that every ROM I've seem shuns in favour of another launcher. Samsung should ditch the touchwiz UI and just stuck to the regular Android UI. And before you ask, I have owned a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy S3 and, briefly an S4, which I promptly swapped for my Xperia Z and have not regretted that choice for one second since I did it. The Sony UI is smooth, pretty much lag free and highly optimised.

Yeah but they still prefer touchwiz, and they're still entitled to like it.

Personally I've enjoyed Sony's UI above HTC Sense and Touchwiz, I really didn't like Touchwiz.

Also, in reply to the "Iron man 3" problems, I haven't had a single problem with that game at all... Specs are in my signature, cpu is undervolted and underclocked and still no lag with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As usual, this type of thread went downhill quickly...
    If you're thinking to post here and you have nothing relevant or constructive to add, don't post anything.
    If you're simply here to troll and argue, refer again to the above. Thanks.
    why install custom roms when the stock is already perfect.

This is the best smartphone I've used in my whole life so far!!
    I still have the same interest and excitement for this phone since the 1st day!

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium
    I bought my xperia z and I just loved it..but now after using it for some months I am dissapointed..theres no developer support yet..no good kernels no good roms..performance issues in games such as iron man 3 and little bit about the camera too..but theres no going I have to use it for atleast couple of years hope till then the developers turn towards the xperia z and make it one of the best device..
    Note:- just to clear m not really that dissapointed by the hardware its just the support the XZ not geeting..so m not a Sammy or HTC fan but yes I was immpressed by the HTC one its a great device..