[Rom][Sense5][JB 4.2.2][Sept 10][OTA updates]MagioRom R4.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LQQKS

Aug 30, 2012
Brisvegas, Oz :)
I don't contribute much to this thread as my knowledge is quite limited but I am following it with keen interest :)
I've noticed a lot of questions asked by people who clearly haven't been bothered to even read the OP (where the answer lays), let alone any of the thread.
I personally think this quite disrespectful towards Imagio and all the other awesome people involved here, who are putting in their own time when they could be hungover or eating pie instead.
I think these questions should be ignored.
Sorry if it's harsh but just my half cent worth.
Continue on....with the awesome community based deving \o/

sent from Evita <3, my rooted, S-Off Elemental Venomized HTC One XL 4G \o/

Myrder

Oct 30, 2012
Oklahoma City
I started rooting in December. Started coding about 2months ago. Lol! I appreciate yall helping as much as you can and the community patiently waiting.

Sent from my HTC Evita running Sense 5 RX ALPHA

Very first android phone, right here. First rooted back when this phone came out. Ever since then I was always reading/testing/bricking/fixing.

Anyways, sorry for the off topic post.

(Billy Madison) "proceed with development".

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Reactions: ImagioX1 and Z1cK

ImagioX1

Sep 18, 2012
Very first android phone, right here. First rooted back when this phone came out. Ever since then I was always reading/testing/bricking/fixing.

Anyways, sorry for the off topic post.

(Billy Madison) "proceed with development".

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Same with me lol. Fortunantly hadn't bricked yet. :eek:

Anyways officially back on topic.

Reactions: oranget

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Thanks again for your work and time spent making this ROM as good as it can be!! I wish i had the knowledge to help code/debug with u guys to help out...but your hard work is much appreciated!!!!

Reactions: ImagioX1

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
Had to flash back to viperxl because I actually need Bluetooth and WiFi tethering (do a lot of stuff on company ipads lol). :(

Funny..the feature I miss most? Sense 5 recent apps and double tap home to get there. It's way faster!

Edit: I'm not impatient though! It was with heavy reluctant fingers that I pressed "restore." Take your time and I'll be running this on weekends hah!

This post was created and transmitted completely in analog.

Last edited:

DESERT.TECH

May 30, 2012
Yes it is great ROM. One thing also to remember is even though we all have same phone the components are a lot of diff brands and manufacturing origin are diff . This isn't usually a prob for OEM stock ROMs but when we flash our custom kernels and ROMs you will find diff phones react diff. My phone isn't responding well with elementalx and this ROM even tho it worked awesome with viper. Its not the ROM fault or elementalx but just something with my phone. With every ROM I flash I just find the sweet spot, this is what kinda makes it fun. With that being said , if you are having issues with a kernel or setting take peoples setups with a grain of salt and find the sweet spot for your phone . Thx to all those who have made this ROM possible, I absolutely love it

HTC sense 5

liney_2000

Jul 8, 2011
NSW
Yes it is great ROM. One thing also to remember is even though we all have same phone the components are a lot of diff brands and manufacturing origin are diff . This isn't usually a prob for OEM stock ROMs but when we flash our custom kernels and ROMs you will find diff phones react diff. My phone isn't responding well with elementalx and this ROM even tho it worked awesome with viper. Its not the ROM fault or elementalx but just something with my phone. With every ROM I flash I just find the sweet spot, this is what kinda makes it fun. With that being said , if you are having issues with a kernel or setting take peoples setups with a grain of salt and find the sweet spot for your phone . Thx to all those who have made this ROM possible, I absolutely love it

HTC sense 5

Well said dude, I was tempted to try bulletproof for no other reason than there have been complaints abut this rom with elementalx - but then I slapped myself several times, why, mine is perfect as is, absolutely no bugs, quadrant scores through the roof and runs like a V8 (I would have said Ferrari, but that gong goes to my One). So indeed you are correct, finding the sweet spot is the key, every phone/carrier/country has it's uniqueness which makes this flashing business all the more challenging and fun

grinder19

Oct 6, 2010
Wolverhampton
www.magiorom.com
Is voice mail being addressed?
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

can you be more specific? whats wrong with voicemail etc...
i have fixed alot of the APNs for all carriers which will be implemented into next update that should fix any network issues
i would kindly advise that in order to help we need details of the problem so that we can look into it

Phonefanboys

Jul 16, 2012
can you be more specific? whats wrong with voicemail etc...
i have fixed alot of the APNs for all carriers which will be implemented into next update that should fix any network issues
i would kindly advise that in order to help we need details of the problem so that we can look into it

When I was on the latest build I could not access my voice mail from the phone app and I didn't receive notifications if I had a voice mail.

saham424

Dec 12, 2010
Houston, Tx
Bulletproof seems to give better battery life now..but after new update the cpu drain problem getting fixed should help battery life immensely.

Yah I like bulletproof a lot but that battery drain was a problem so I hopped on elemental 6.7 for now

Sent from my HTC One XL Evita (T-Mobileddd UP) ... HTC One + Sence 5 = The Sixth Sence Bulletproofed ... HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Phonefanboys

Jul 16, 2012
I need that file my v.m doesnt work either same issue,

Sent from...........

grinder19 said:
Try this fix below see if it works :)

http://db.tt/V2Ly3Ag1

You need to copy these files and pop them into the existing Rom zip you have overwriting the existing files
Framework-res.apk goes into system/framework
Boot.img goes just inside the zip
Then install Rom

"There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols."
ViperJBx appears to be one of these Ghosts :)

If you like my work please consider Donating to me :)
25% of all donations will be going to cancer research uk
Sent from my HTC One X+

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Ya I just realized I posted the message without a hyperlink.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

It should be on there now.

grinder19

Oct 6, 2010
Wolverhampton
www.magiorom.com

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Ya I just realized I posted the message without a hyperlink.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

It should be on there now.

Let me know if this fix works for your voicemail settings :)

"There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols."
ViperJBx appears to be one of these Ghosts :)

If you like my work please consider Donating to me :)
25% of all donations will be going to cancer research uk
Sent from my HTC One X+

ZeRo2o9

Feb 14, 2011
Central Cali
I'm currently uploading a test rom with couple of fixes and a new boot.img i need a tester to try it out and see if it will boot
attempted fixes:
apns for networks
cpu power profiles
new boot image with fixed permissions and changed sdcard storage references to correct location (was pointing to external sdcard but xl only has internal sdcard)
PM me for link

Uploaded yet? I can test

Sent from my Sense 5 HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2r1zlsm.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Welcome to MagioROM for the HTC One XL! The most fully themed sense 5 rom available!

Unlocked bootloader Xfactor root exploit
    Twrp 2.3.3.0 or lower or TWRP 2.6 TWRP Recovery
    Battery>50% make sure phone is plugged into charger before flashing
    S-off prefered Facepalm S-off Guide
    1.Make nandroid of your current rom.
    2 Wipe cache,dalvik cache, system, and factory reset
    3.Flash rom
    4 If your're s-off or on hboot 1.09 then you can reboot to system. If your're not s-off and have hboot 1.14 or greater go to step 5
    5 Reboot to bootloader and select fastboot
    6 Open the rom.zip and copy the boot.img to your fastboot directory.
    7.Plug phone into computer and verify connection
    8 Flash boot.img with this command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    9 Now you can reboot to system and enjoy the rom:cool:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you experience data drops and reboots follow the step in the op of this thread to update your firmware
    Firmware update
    If that is too risky for you you can flash this in recovery and should fix you data issues without flashing the hboot.
    Thanks to carl1961 for making it.
    Link removed
    Kernel
    3.4.10-g240d4d5
    roor@abm030 #1
    SMP PREEMPT

Member of Team MagioROM
    Lead Developer Rom Owner: ImagioX1
    Lead Themer / Developer: grinder19
    Developer(Member of Team Blackout): MadMax
    Developer: E.Cadro
    Video Producer / Tester: @Phonefanboys
    Tester: timmaaa / Zick / others
    Turge for the new 4.2.2 rom base
    Zarboz for his amazing kernel work
    Cnexus for help with various things
    Xposed framework- Credits to @rovo89 http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1574401
    If you have any contributions such as bug fixes, ideas, themes, or anything don't hesitate to post them and or pm me. I'll add them to the next update or post them in the op for download.

R4
    Based on TMobile Germany 5.08.111.2.CL227463 release keys
    Deodexed
    Rooted
    Busybox
    Zipaligned
    init.d support
    debloated
    OTA update support
    Adaway
    Titanium backup
    Antek Explorer
    Xposed installer
    Horizontal extended quick settings
    Extened native JB quicksettings
    Kernel Tuner
    White Battery percentage mod (Thanks E.Cadro)
    All apps updated to newest version
    R3.7
    Added all languages
    Fixed clock bullet location @E.Cadro
    Fixed eqs image discrepency @E.Cadro
    Fixed long press back kill making music playing randomly @E.Cadro
    Fixed no sound on netflix @E.Cadro
    Added ROMdB Dev Tool With OTA updates
    R3.6.1
    Fixed system.ui image errors
    R3.6
    Removed HtcOMADM_settingPlugin_SPCS.apk, HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk, Epst.apk, DSS4316.apk
    Added shoebox.apk
    Fixed pnpmgr errors
    New system UI by grinder19 and E.Cadro
    New MagioROM prism
    R3.5
    Fixed links force closing in hangouts and messages
    Build.prop now bases on att one
    Fixed keyboard sizing issues-Credits to @psykodali
    Fixed world clock sizing issues
    R3
    Inverted boot and down animation
    Fixed incorrect model number
    Removed unsupported MMS file sizes
    Fixed Browser UA settings
    Fixed cpu scaling issues
    Removed Kid Mode, My wireless, Quickboot( redundancy), and voicemail apps.
    Added xposed installer
    Completely revamped build.prop
    Facebook images removed from gallery
    Fixed mms issues
    5x6 prism-Credits to @E.Cadro
    Xposed framework- Credits to @rovo89 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
    Long press back=kill-Credits to @E.Cadro
    Custom status bar transparency mod-Credits to @Mantelinho
    Other things I forgot
    R2.5
    Fixed wifi issues in R2(Note hspa data speeds now show 3g icon instead of 4g)
    R2
    Added Adaway and Fieldtest.apk
    Added Turges data fix with 4g icons
    Added apn for several carriers
    Modified build.prop
    Added all sense 5 wallpapers
    Added HEQS by newtoroot from NOS M7(Temporary. I'm going to create my own later. I do not take credit for this mod)
    Original Release (R1)
    Current Roms (4.2.2)
    R4 Download
    Flashable apns. You can flash the rom and this at the same time.
    Legacy Roms (4.1.2)
    R3 download
    R3.6 OTA(This update contains a new boot.img that must be flashed separately via fastboot if you aren't soff and are hboot 1.14 or higher. Also be sure to install R3 first)
    R3.6.1 OTA(R3.6 must be installed first)
    R3.7(R3.6.1 must be installed first
    R3 Torrent
    DIRECT DOWNLOAD http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22979706399756859
    Do yall want an inverted bootsplash and animation as options in aroma. Just press my thanks if you do. No need to fill up the thread.
    Heres a preview of one of the images. The "ONE" will stand out more on the finished product.
    View attachment 2023385
    After this I got one more issue to fix and the next release will be near finished. Got to wait till some of my buddies are online again so I can ask some questions :)
    BTW guys we've had over 2000 downloads of MagioROM R3:cool::cool: Thanks for being a user and supporting us.:)
    I was hanging here and there to get my 10 useful post...and it's done! :)

That being said..this rom is crazy cool. I realy love sense5.

I flashed r1, apn fix, turge data fix, elementalx 6.7, edited system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh et voilà !!

This rom is smooth and fast, no oc btw!

#ImagioX1 Thank you man ! If you want a tester...i'm your man.

Im going to post the qualifications for a beta tester tonight. Whoever wants to join press my thanks button and I'll get back with you.:)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2