Phone setting off anti theft alarms

Search This thread

pittsm

Feb 23, 2011
Southern Ohio
My wife's htc one is setting off the anti theft alarms in stores. The ones that are by the exits when you enter/exit. Any clue why it would be doing this? My SGS 4 doesn't do this. I checked to make sure the nfc was off in case that was the issue. Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?

homegeek

Nov 17, 2007
I have to say that is a first. I have been in and out of many stores and I have not had the security alarms go off once. I have read people with this issue with other phones but it always turned out to be something else. Has you wife tried walking through without the phone to confirm this?

born_fisherman

Jul 28, 2010
Idk about this. Access control tags are hard to duplicate.. granted its possible that an ID tag could have the same numbers but it is very unlikely. Depending on the access control system and the credentials that system is using, the likelihood of getting the same ID is almost nonexistent. Unless someone is trying to hack an access control system and happens to know the numbering scheme of said system, this just sounds like a random event if it really happened.

Plus, how do we know the HTC One uses the same frequency / credential types of access control systems?

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

intenman1

Oct 23, 2010
Try to find the soft tag on the case. Soft tags are small anti theft devices they could be size of dot. If you can't find it try to demagnetize the case for the phone.

Reactions: pittsm

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
My wife's htc one is setting off the anti theft alarms in stores. The ones that are by the exits when you enter/exit. Any clue why it would be doing this? My SGS 4 doesn't do this. I checked to make sure the nfc was off in case that was the issue. Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?

It may be time to acknowledge the fact that you wife is a shoplifter.

pittsm

Feb 23, 2011
Southern Ohio
Try to find the soft tag on the case. Soft tags are small anti theft devices they could be size of dot. If you can't find it try to demagnetize the case for the phone.

Could be the case, I'll check that. All I know is it never happened before the phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

khenault

Jun 27, 2011
I don't pay attention to those alarms. I'm not a slave to technology. It's amazing how often a clerk forgets to deactivate the tag an merchandise. I don't even break stride when the alarm goes off anymore. I've yet to be challenged.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I don't pay attention to those alarms. I'm not a slave to technology. It's amazing how often a clerk forgets to deactivate the tag an merchandise. I don't even break stride when the alarm goes off anymore. I've yet to be challenged.

I'm the same way. I've only been challenged once and I just said "sorry, I have somewhere to be" and kept walking. Not gonna waste my time because of someone else's mistake.

spitfire2425

Jun 12, 2012
Narnia
Never had one go off on me but when one does I'm just gonna yell "Lets get him" and hit the closest person to me.

Reactions: ahagersr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It may be time to acknowledge the fact that you wife is a shoplifter.

Never had one go off on me but when one does I'm just gonna yell "Lets get him" and hit the closest person to me.