[DIY] The World's Simplest Portable Smartphone Stand
Okay someone probably already thought of this, but here is my story...
Woke up this morning and decided to watch some tennis (Wimbledon) but my bedroom TV is broken... There is my GS4 and I know they are covering the matches on YouTube, so problem solved, right? After about 5 minutes of holding the phone while laying down it soon got old. At first propped it up against the alarm clock but the sound was bad and got to thinking what else can I use? Here is my solution...
- One bi-fold wallet able to stand while partially open.
- One rubber/silicon/thin-leather bracelet (optional depending on case or lack there of)
- Simply open the wallet to form a "V"
- Use the bracelet as base to prevent slippage
- Of course, totally portable
- The "stand" allows many angles to set your phone it at... Your mileage will of course depend on the type of case (if any) and how slippery your wallet/surface/bracelet is
- The side benefit to this is, because the wallet provides a direction bounce surface, the volume actually improved and seems to be coming from right behind the screen.
There you have it. Enjoy.