[TOT] LGE980 (ATT) Value Pack firmware

Search This thread

InaruMejil

Sep 11, 2012
San Juan
Yeap! And believe me i have read & read and no luck with the megalock.
So i got the point the i call at&t and complain on being unable to push the update and they are sending me a replacement phone. Lol! Of course i forgot to mention the rooted part.

But to be honest i don't like the idea of sending my new phone to get a refurbish one. So im hoping this update is ready to be flash before i get the other phone next week. So i can keep mine instead. And send back the other.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-ldevelopers app

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
Yeap! And believe me i have read & read and no luck with the megalock.
So i got the point the i call at&t and complain on being unable to push the update and they are sending me a replacement phone. Lol! Of course i forgot to mention the rooted part.

But to be honest i don't like the idea of sending my new phone to get a refurbish one. So im hoping this update is ready to be flash before i get the other phone next week. So i can keep mine instead. And send back the other.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-ldevelopers app

I'll put together a simple easyflash pack soon, but it's not all that hard to get it set up. Give it another go, I'm sure you can figure it out :)

InaruMejil

Sep 11, 2012
San Juan
And thats why i love xda, when people like me are stuck on something just when frustration apear...theres a clever guy like you with the answer. So i'll wait. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

ricco333

Jul 24, 2012
Miami, FL
I flashed the tot from the op, unzipped fine and flashed perfect, even the old root method worked fine.
Thanks

Erik

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

madmack

Yeah, I catted them all together with:

Code:
cat *-system.img > system.img
truncate -s +500MB system.img
mount -o loop system.img /mnt/phonesystem

However, strangely enough there's nothing in /bin or /etc ... and I get lots of EXT4 errors in my kernel dmesg.

I believe it's possible that the LGBinExtractor doesn't like this TOT.. I'll extract it manually later today.

I've only compared the bootloader (ABOOT) to make sure nothing has changed, but I've yet to do that for rpm, tz, modem, and the SBL stack.

Once I've figured out what has changed (and what we should change) I'll put it all into an update.zip that we can flash from recovery. :D

lgbinextractor extracts all the separate files correctly, its just the putting together is a little tricky:

1. create an empty 2.5GB binary (sector and block sizes must match original gpt system partition size).
2. use the offsets that lgbinextractor finds for each ??-system.img file and dd it into that big system image at the exact offsets with conv=notruc..
3. fsck.ext4 reports no errors and all system files are there as they should be. including stuff in /bin.

Wish I had the time to patch lgbinextractor. It should be pretty easy to make it dd each sliced system partition because it already figures out the offsets and all.

Reactions: thecubed

Jasbo

Jul 15, 2010
Howdy everyone!

Here's the latest firmware straight from LGE...

http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed...IN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0.zip

Code:
$ md5sum BIN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0.zip
2044d4a4c3159cd0537caefdf1f6ee13  BIN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0.zip

It would seem that the zip file doesn't extract with some extractors. I'll re-zip it again here shortly and release a 'fixed' copy.

I have yet to test this file yet, so flash at your own risk!

this file will not extract still. not with Windows7, Winrar, or 7zip. Upon opening I Get an error stating unexpected end of file. Also after downloading it twice, I have 2 different sizes!

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
well here's to trying again... Hope it works. I assume I can flash this with LGNPST and the DLL file?

That's correct, if it freezes on beginning of flash just unplug phone and back again. On win 8 you'll have driver issues to change com port. I had to use win 7

Jasbo

Jul 15, 2010
Downloaded and extracted fine for me

".........\Downloads\BIN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0(1).zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" this is after the 3rd download this morning from work and failed last night also from home. What did you unzip with?

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
".........\Downloads\BIN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0(1).zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" this is after the 3rd download this morning from work and failed last night also from home. What did you unzip with?

Not sure why your getting that error I used winrar. Did you try the other links posted a few posts back?

Jasbo

Jul 15, 2010
Not sure why your getting that error I used winrar. Did you try the other links posted a few posts back?

Trying from the canadian link mirror now.... Im really wanting to flash because root is broken and something happened to ADB on my device after I told SuperUser to do a complete un-root. Phone works fine but I cant run any of my root apps or perform the update of course. Flashing this TOT file with the update would fix everything, then i'd just re-root.

Is there another source for these TOT files? TheCubed has always been solid and reliable but for some reason this download is killing me.

Last edited:

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
I think I'll unzip the file and rezip it back up or put it in a TAR.GZ file since LG's ZIP file seems to trip up some extractors.

Jasbo

Jul 15, 2010
I think I'll unzip the file and rezip it back up or put it in a TAR.GZ file since LG's ZIP file seems to trip up some extractors.

well I had a co-worker in another building from the one I work in download it, and he was able to get the whole download.... So now I have the TOT file but theres another problem.

After trying to Un-root with Chainfire's SuperUser app (which was the SU i had installed) something happened to ADB because now I can not turn on USB Debugging under developer options... Its gray'd out and unselectable!

So I did a factory reset but that didnt fix it, any thoughts to what I should do?

Timisone

Feb 9, 2013
Why so much work on the update? Really doesn't seem to add any really features. If it was a new version of android I could understand.

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
well I had a co-worker in another building from the one I work in download it, and he was able to get the whole download.... So now I have the TOT file but theres another problem.

After trying to Un-root with Chainfire's SuperUser app (which was the SU i had installed) something happened to ADB because now I can not turn on USB Debugging under developer options... Its gray'd out and unselectable!

So I did a factory reset but that didnt fix it, any thoughts to what I should do?

Make sure your phone isn't already plugged in before turning on debuggibg

Reactions: thecubed and Jasbo

Jasbo

Jul 15, 2010

holy crap.. Ive been messing around with Android since inception... Im embarrassed to say I didnt know that! The .DLL file however wont register in Windows7 for some reason so I cant get LGNPST to work.... if its not one thing, its another.

Last edited:

jdk2

holy crap.. Ive been messing around with Android since inception... Im embarrassed to say I didnt know that! The .DLL file however wont register in Windows7 for some reason so I cant get LGNPST to work.... if its not one thing, its another.

Grab the drivers and the DLL file from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show...57&postcount=1

Get the updated .tot from Here: http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed...IN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0.zip

Download the LG Flash Tool v 1.5.10.1120 and the MegaLock.dll from this thread: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...-pass-1628819/ and follow the directions in that thread. It needs no serial and will put your phone on the 10k release.

I'm on Windows 7 and had no problem restoring from these links/directions.

Jasbo

Jul 15, 2010
Grab the drivers and the DLL file from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show...57&postcount=1

Get the updated .tot from Here: http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed...IN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0.zip

Download the LG Flash Tool v 1.5.10.1120 and the MegaLock.dll from this thread: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...-pass-1628819/ and follow the directions in that thread. It needs no serial and will put your phone on the 10k release.

Thanks JDK, got it fixed, im in like Flynn.

Last edited:
Reactions: thecubed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy everyone!

Here's the latest firmware straight from LGE...

http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed...IN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0.zip

Code:
    $ md5sum BIN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0.zip
    2044d4a4c3159cd0537caefdf1f6ee13  BIN_LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013-0.zip

It would seem that the zip file doesn't extract with some extractors. I'll re-zip it again here shortly and release a 'fixed' copy.

I have yet to test this file yet, so flash at your own risk!

lgbinextractor extracts all the separate files correctly, its just the putting together is a little tricky:

1. create an empty 2.5GB binary (sector and block sizes must match original gpt system partition size).
    2. use the offsets that lgbinextractor finds for each ??-system.img file and dd it into that big system image at the exact offsets with conv=notruc..
    3. fsck.ext4 reports no errors and all system files are there as they should be. including stuff in /bin.

Wish I had the time to patch lgbinextractor. It should be pretty easy to make it dd each sliced system partition because it already figures out the offsets and all.

Just had sometime to analyze what LGBinExtractor was doing wrong and FIXED IT. You can either compile the tool from my repo or wait for Xonar to merge my pull request.

In any case, answer 'y' to all prompts will leave you with *.img files in ext4 format that you can simply "mount -o loop" to a directory.
    I managed to extract the system.img content using BinExtractor and some extra handling to put the different ??-system.img pieces back together into a 2.5GB partition.

Yeah, I catted them all together with:

Code:
    cat *-system.img > system.img
    truncate -s +500MB system.img
    mount -o loop system.img /mnt/phonesystem

However, strangely enough there's nothing in /bin or /etc ... and I get lots of EXT4 errors in my kernel dmesg.

I believe it's possible that the LGBinExtractor doesn't like this TOT.. I'll extract it manually later today.

I've only compared the bootloader (ABOOT) to make sure nothing has changed, but I've yet to do that for rpm, tz, modem, and the SBL stack.

Once I've figured out what has changed (and what we should change) I'll put it all into an update.zip that we can flash from recovery. :D