[Q] Wifi not working with 2g Network Sim

Search This thread

kewlfais

Apr 14, 2011
Karachi
artisticroof.blogspot.com
Dear Experts out there

I also have HTC One VX - I don't live in US therefore I had to sim unlock the device, which I did.

I was able to successfully S-Off the device and changed the Super CID to 22222222 and flash CWM Recovery.

Everything works fine except the wifi on my 2G network Sim.

Note: Wifi works without sim, wifi works with AT&T sim but wifi does not works with my country network sim. Only 2g network is available in my country.

Workaround: I use AT&T sim for wifi to work and quickly swap it with my Network SIM and wifi works until the phone is switched off or restarted.

I need permanent solution for this if anyone can help or know what is the reason behind wifi not working with my 2G based Network Sim

Regardz

kewlfais

Apr 14, 2011
Karachi
Sorry, a logcat. Just download catlog from the market. Make sure to reproduce the problem. Then go into catlog, press the menu button, and hit save. Then upload here so we can have a look.

Sent from my Rock n Roll Toaster

I have attached the log for your reference, hope you come out with some solution.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2013-07-17-00-37-23.txt
    78.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: MansonDroid

MansonDroid

I have but I'm not quite sure what it is associated with. Trying to do some research on the subject. For now, do a nandroid backup and try flashing a different ROM if you haven't tried already to see if it helps.

Sent from my HTC One VX using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kewlfais

Johann12911

Feb 3, 2013
Are you running Jmz's kernel? Did you make sure you successfully changed the Cid on the phone? Did you try and S-OFF?

MansonDroid

This is what I found odd:

Unable to open connection to supplicant on "wlan0":No such file or directory, retry 0

I want to say it has something to do with the WiFi driver? Which has something to do with the kernel I believe? Don't know too much about low low level things.

Reactions: kewlfais

kewlfais

Apr 14, 2011
Karachi
Well thanks for your feedback, this info is reasonable for me I guess. If it is what you are saying maybe trying more kernels. Maybe something will help.

Thanks for all the followup u have carried, appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, a logcat. Just download catlog from the market. Make sure to reproduce the problem. Then go into catlog, press the menu button, and hit save. Then upload here so we can have a look.

Sent from my Rock n Roll Toaster

I have attached the log for your reference, hope you come out with some solution.

Thanks
    I have but I'm not quite sure what it is associated with. Trying to do some research on the subject. For now, do a nandroid backup and try flashing a different ROM if you haven't tried already to see if it helps.

This is what I found odd:

Unable to open connection to supplicant on "wlan0":No such file or directory, retry 0

I want to say it has something to do with the WiFi driver? Which has something to do with the kernel I believe? Don't know too much about low low level things.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help on the issue. I'm sure someone who knows more about low level development will see this and advise you better than I. I wish you luck sir.