google play edition phone's Failed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SNNTEC

May 26, 2012
snntec.blogspot.com
*GOOGLE PLAY EDITION PHONES FAIL*
When the nexus 7 2013 was announced at the google's conference android 4.3 was introduce. Virtual surround sound, restricted profiles, trim support, open GL ES 3.0, bluetooth 4.0 was more or less under the hood features you can come to expect from it. Once Google was done glorifying it's latest tablet, i said to my self ok GEP(Google edition phones) time to see if you will receive updates in timely manner, like the nexus line. And man am i so glad i didn't spend my hard earned money on one these nexus wanna-be's. It makes absolutely no sense to spend $600+ on one of these when you can cut that price in half and get a phone with comparable specs, that receive updates when they release. There's no excuse, even the galaxy-nexus which is even older than the GEP's received the update in time. Sorry GEP owners i'd just stick with a nexus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=navPos9JOfU

hedsick

Mar 25, 2011
When the nexus 7 2013 was announced at the google's conference android 4.3 was introduce. Virtual surround sound, restricted profiles, trim support, open GL ES 3.0, bluetooth 4.0 was more or less under the hood features you can come to expect from it. Once Google was done glorifying it's latest tablet, i said to my self ok GEP(Google edition phones) time to see if you will receive updates in timely manner, like the nexus line. And man am i so glad i didn't spend my hard earned money on one these nexus wanna-be's. It makes absolutely no sense to spend $600+ on one of these when you can cut that price in half and get a phone with comparable specs, that receive updates when they release. There's no excuse, even the galaxy-nexus which is even older than the GEP's received the update in time. Sorry GEP owners i'd just stick with a nexus!

I think this was one of the most unintelligible things I've ever read. Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Lekerstein

Jan 20, 2012

*YOUR GRAMMAR FAILS*

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

bobruels44

May 28, 2012
Calgary
So what a week/ week an a half is to much for you?

Xaroc8

Aug 3, 2013
Surrey
www.androidcoliseum.com
Sigh.... another one of these posts?
There's a few people complaining on Google+ as well because of lack of updates. I realize this is XDA and we always have the latest and greatest, but sometimes you just have to be happy that you have a fully functional device and enjoy life.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
homersimpsonfailwhale1.jpg

Reactions: FanDroid09

nullkill

May 19, 2007
Seattle

I read this post and said wow SNNTEC FAILED. Talk about putting your foot in your mouth hope you didn't step in any poop that wouldn't taste good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The gpe just got the 4.3 update a few minutes ago. This thread is a massive fail

I think this was one of the most unintelligible things I've ever read. Thanks for sharing your opinion!
    Hahaha if I was this guy id abandon my xda account and start over with a new identity :p

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    Sigh.... another one of these posts?
    There's a few people complaining on Google+ as well because of lack of updates. I realize this is XDA and we always have the latest and greatest, but sometimes you just have to be happy that you have a fully functional device and enjoy life.
    It makes absolutely no sense to spend $600+ on one of these when you can cut that price in half and get a phone with comparable specs,

Nexus 4 has comparable specs to an HTC One or S4 GPE edition? In what world?

I'll have what he's drinking....