[FAQ] CyanogenMod 10.1 - WILD FOR THE NIGHT

Search This thread

pyrovulpes

Mar 19, 2013
Question about battery life.

Hello everyone,

I've scoured this and the developer thread for insight into how my phone (Samsung E4GT running on Credo) unpredictably gets really hot and drains the battery. After reading that it could be a battery problem I got a new battery from Anker (I had been using the stock battery before) and still had the problem since.

I noticed also that when the phone gets really hot it does so above the battery compartment and checking the processor speed in the Settings -> Performance -> Processor menu would show that the clock speed is 1200MHz. Changing governors to everything but powersave leaves the clock speed unchanged. Of course on powersave it turns the clock speed to 200MHz and slows the phone down considerably. Messing around with the I/O scheduler has not made any difference either way.

I usually leave the phone on the powersave governor for about half an hour to an hour, and then when I change governors after that the problem is gone. Changing away from powersave any time before the magic period will not do anything, bad or good, for the problem.

This happens to me at a frequency of about once every few days, and I've noticed that it's more likely to happen when I'm using either Bluetooth, or the GPS, or both. I realise that the GPS function burns through a lot of battery life, but the GPS only starts this overclocking thing, which then runs away on its own.

I'm running WFTN with the 5th of July build; this has happened to me all the way since I'd first started using it, and once when I was still on stock Touchwiz.

If anyone has any clue what might be going on with my phone, I'd be very grateful. I'm open to the idea of flashing back to stock and seeing how it goes before attributing the processor problem to the CPU governor.

Thank you.

Reactions: zimmertr

frankjmattia

Jul 16, 2013
Encrypting device locks it in airplane mode

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Running the latest WFTN with FL24 modem and have noticed that whenever I encrypt the device it gets "stuck in airplane mode". Trying to use the phone results in "please turn off airplane mode to make a call". This is a clean flash (well, my 3rd or 4th by now). I wouldn't know where to even begin to provide any sort of useful debugging info but I do know that all the information is blank on the About Phone page. No MSID, no phone number, nothing. If I boot to recovery wipe and restore from the backup I made directly before encrypting, everything goes back to normal. I've tried different modems and turning on airplane mode before encrypting both to no avail. Any suggestions?

TheDr

Jul 17, 2013
So maybe I'm just a terrible searcher but I was unable to find anything about this on the forum...

How can I enable all widgets on the lockscreen?

zimlokks

Jan 31, 2012
Los Angeles
not possible on WFTN or I know its possible on PACman.

Flowed Away From My Samsung E4GT!

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

i believe AOKP as well, dont quote me on that tho i aint sure.

Flowed Away From My Samsung E4GT!

Reactions: TheDr

frankx85

Feb 25, 2013
LZ Kernel

Has anyone gotten Lightning Zap! Phase 4 kernel to work on this ROM? I have phase 2 working fine but it boot loops on phase 4. Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

automattack

Feb 6, 2013
autmattack.net
No data connection

I've been happily using the March 26 build since, well... March 27. I woke up this morning with no data connection. I can place and receive calls and texts with no problem.

EDIT: Curious symptom, when I turn WIFI on, I get a data connection, with WIFI off I get no data. See these pictures for clarification: http://imgur.com/a/7Dz9M

Sprint recently rolled out 4G LTE in my area. Could it be related?

Should I update anything? If so, what?

Things I've tried:
  • toggling airplane mode
  • turning it off and on again
  • removing the battery for 30 secods or so

EDIT: Upgraded to the August 4 build today. Still no luck.

SECOND EDIT: FIXED! Somehow my the "enable mobile network" setting got toggled in my sleep!

Baseband: S:D710.10 S.FI27
Kernel: 3.0.64-CM-g84c11ba

Last edited:

automattack

Feb 6, 2013
autmattack.net
Anyone tried out the new video feature of instagram on this ROM yet?

Taking a video with front-facing camera works great.

Taking video with rear-facing camera, the screen area shows green and cycles horizontally. However, you can still record, and the resulting video is just fine.

Anyone else seeing the green video with rear-facing camera?

August 4 build fixed this for me!

Vine's Android guy here. There are three ROMs out there that have this issue (S2, N7000, and LG Optimus), recordings won't work because buffered video recording is not implemented on them. Just want to let the devs know. (there is nothing we can do on the app's side). We are working very hard to be the best on Android. ...contact me on twitter if you need more help. @wew

August 4 build fixed this for me on the front camera, not the rear though... Others have reported it fixed.

Big Boy Laroux

Jun 4, 2012
The latest cm 10.1 nightly has it. WFTN is basically near eol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

He may be talking about switching the storage for everything (not just camera storage). I don't see the setting in official cm 10.1 and honestly don't remember it being in WFTN. I think that setting was last in cm10.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

thedarksavant

Jul 28, 2010
Spokane
You are correct. I swear I saw it under Advanced.

Flashed too many roms over the last few days I guess.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

demetrios3

He may be talking about switching the storage for everything (not just camera storage). I don't see the setting in official cm 10.1 and honestly don't remember it being in WFTN. I think that setting was last in cm10.

You are right that is exactly what I meant. I remember seeing it in WFTN a couple months ago (search the thread for "primary storage") but now it's gone. Did it get moved somewhere else or is it gone completely?

Big Boy Laroux

Jun 4, 2012
You are right that is exactly what I meant. I remember seeing it in WFTN a couple months ago (search the thread for "primary storage") but now it's gone. Did it get moved somewhere else or is it gone completely?

I haven't seen it anywhere else. I looked around yesterday. So seems to have been removed completely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question and answer, noob safe, thread for dastin's CM10.1 ROM.

Please read the OP in Original Development first before you flash the ROM. Many questions are answered in the OP. Please read it even if you're a regular flasher of the ROM because install procedures change, like full wipes being required even coming from a previous version.

In other words, read.

FAQ:

Q: How do I enable developer options?

A: Click settings -> about phone -> Build number (tap 7 times).

Q: How do I enable advanced reboot options? (Reboot to recovery / download)

A: Go in developer options and enable 'Advanced Reboot'

Q: I can't get bluetooth audio to work

A: Some have had success changing the governor, exiting out, then changing it back.
    You can change the governor in settings->performance->processor

Q: I can't get a GPS lock

A: This has worked for some:
    1) Turn on GPS
    2) Open Maps
    3) Phone will start to search for GPS lock
    4) Go into location access settings
    5) Turn off ”Access to my location"
    6) Turn on "Access to my location"
    7) Hit "Agree" on the Location Consent popup
    8) make sure both GPS and WiFi location are checked
    9) Go back to maps

Q: Why doesn't 4G Hotspot work?

A: CM has disabled it. Use a third party app.
    :confused:now that android 4.3 is being released, will u make a rom based of android 4.3 cuz it u made it, it would be awsome

I will continue to keep the Android versions up to date as far as I can take it. Along the way features will be harder to fix, but I'll try

私のONEから送信される。
    I have a logcat for the ever so annoying screen off, microphone mute bug that select users are having. As I cannot post in the development thread itself would someone kindly route this log over so he can have a look at the log itself? I know he recognizes the issue but has stated no one has provided a logcat for him to see, well I have but cannot get him to see it without posting 10 times, which I could do but I feel that I'd rather make one useful post than work a few days to make 10.

March 8, V2 version

The issue is: Microphone mutes itself in phone call with screen off.
    The log includes me opening the dialer, dialing out and powering the screen off to initiate the bug. The call lasts about 20 seconds and not audio is heard from my phone.

Please read the OP in Original Development first before you flash the ROM. Many questions are answered in the OP. Please read it even if you're a regular flasher of the ROM because install procedures change, like full wipes being required even coming from a previous version.

In other words, read.

FAQ:

Q: How do I enable developer options?

Q: How do I enable advanced reboot options? (Reboot to recovery / download)

Q: I can't get bluetooth audio to work

A: Some have had success changing the governor, exiting out, then changing it back.
    You can change the governor in settings->performance->processor

I have a suggestion for the OP - works all the time for me, and looks like it has worked for others.

If having issues with GPS locking:

1) Turn on GPS
    2) Open Maps
    3) Phone will start to search for GPS lock
    4) Go into location access settings
    5) Turn off ”Access to my location"
    6) Turn on "Access to my location"
    7) Hit "Agree" on the Location Consent popup
    8) make sure both GPS and WiFi location are checked
    9) Go back to maps

I usually get a lock within seconds
    Nice :)

In other words, read.

FAQ:

Q1: How do I enable developer options?

Q2: How do I enable advanced reboot options? (Reboot to recovery / download)

Thanks so much for this FAQ thread, this is so much better and less frightening for us noobs. I have already had 2 of my questions answered concerning governors. I love this ROM and want to know what I am doing going forward. At the rate that this device is selling since the price dropped and more carriers making it available there will be more noobs here soon.

Search&Read