[ROM+KERNEL] [AOSP] [4.3] [JWR66Y+JSS15R] [PSX+PSK] [v8.5] [10/28/2013] Pure Speed X

Where should PSX be located

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I fell asleep on the couch, what did I miss..?

it wasnt me :angel:

Can we rouse the angry mob now? ;)

60720_431117740257866_1405986990_n.jpg

Reactions: KiD3991

Zainiak

Jul 1, 2012
just switched from cm10 and rasbean. This rom is amazingly fast! I used rassaber and rasbean from both of you guys in the past. Keep up the great work! and since you are taking feature requests, I love voice+ from cm.

either way, love the rom! :D

KiD3991

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 21, 2012
When I thought Cataclysm is fast enough, I am at my 6th ROM in the past 24 hours. Guess I can stop now.

the1onewolf

Aug 20, 2012
Just flashed this a few hours ago. Very quick indeed. When I think about the speed of this ROM I think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJPy8GZjaik&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sent with "flo"

Are you saying this rom is dangerous, requires a great deal of precision & training and should not be attempted at home?

When I thought Cataclysm is fast enough, I am at my 6th ROM in the past 24 hours. Guess I can stop now.

Keep telling yourself that =P

Last edited:

rustyjay

Jun 28, 2012
riverside
The more I smoke the more that gets done, lol. Managed to find a commit in Purity that moved the quicksettings control panel into settings. Still took my stoned ass 45 minutes to get it right, ha.

Tomorrow, after the morning session will try and do nav ring shortcuts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-05-17-06-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-05-17-06-26.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 379
  • Screenshot_2013-08-05-17-44-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-05-17-44-41.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 387

Wowzera

May 21, 2013
Just downloaded the ROM and will try it tomorrow! Looks amazing!

If you are accepting feature requests, let me drop mine (sorry if it hás been asked before :(...):

A way to change system DPI, like slimbean rom! After use smaller DPI for a while, my icons and overall system looking sooo big haha

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CloudyX

Apr 13, 2010

If you are accepting feature requests, let me drop mine (sorry if it hás been asked before :(...):

A way to change system DPI, like slimbean rom! After use smaller DPI for a while, my icons and overall system looking sooo big haha

+1

anirudh412

May 29, 2009
New Delhi

Why not edit build.prop and change the density manually?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Same here. I was on cataclysm myself, then moved to an unofficial CM10.2 build and finally settled on this. Well, settled might not be the right term. This ROM feels like sliding butt naked on a highly polished, waxed and oiled surface :good:

arief347

Jun 8, 2011
bandung
Why not edit build.prop and change the density manually?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Same here. I was on cataclysm myself, then moved to an unofficial CM10.2 build and finally settled on this. Well, settled might not be the right term. This ROM feels like sliding butt naked on a highly polished, waxed and oiled surface :good:

I dont know for this thread..for based cm 10.2 get me bootloop... Change manually on build.prop

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

rajarshi10

Aug 3, 2011
Kolkata
Which kernel to use with this rom? Stock one is having heavy battery drain for me :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

adichandra

May 3, 2012
Which kernel to use with this rom? Stock one is having heavy battery drain for me :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

yes. for me the stock kernel drains battery like crazy too. i use matr1x kernel 10.5 non cm version.

uv, and underclock to 1.3ghz with trickstermod give me amazing battery life. no performance impact so far as i dont game in my phones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to PSX (Pure Speed X)

A collaboration between myself, rustyjay, and Banks. I bring the speed jay adds the features...and “QC” and Banks is the scriptmaster and lean Rom machine.

PSX is a fast, built from source (4.3_r1.1) Rom with an emphasis on speed and performance. Our goal is to provide unrivaled performance, stability, and a lightweight Rom with a handful of valuable features. We are not, nor ever will be focused on adding every feature out there. We will always be searching for ways to make it faster, more stable, more secure, and feature rich, but never at the cost of performance.

I want to thank all of those who supported me on this journey either through helping me learn, aiding me with issues, or testing for me. I especially want to thank @rascarlo for allowing me to post my builds in his thread for so long. He is a gracious host and the epitome of how a developer should behave and a thread should be run. I intend to do my best to follow his example in this area.

This thread will be a place of peace and community. We wont tolerate bickering, drama, or flaming of other members, whether seasoned or brand new. Not only will OT conversation be allowed, it is encouraged as I believe if fosters a better sense of community and an environment of sharing knowledge. Members will be treated with respect here and all questions will be answered to the best of our abilities in as timely a manner as possible.

Feature requests will be welcomed. We will however not add anything that compromises the goal of this project or is not deemed valuable to the Rom as a whole. Certain features will never see there way in including, but not limited to, CM PIE and Theme manager. Speed will always be the focus here with features taking a back seat.

Now sit back, enjoy yourselves, and oh yea........buckle up!

Directions
    TWRP 2.5.0.0 or 2.6.0.0 is recommended
    Download Rom, GApps, and SuperSU
    Reboot into recovery
    Factory reset or wipe dalvik/cache/system
    Flash Rom, GApps, and SuperSU
    Hold on tight!

Features and changelog here
    Changelog
    Feature Requests

Downloads here
    v8.5 is the latest
    Rom
    PSX GApps
    PSX Add-Ons

Many thanks to @italia0101 for this most excellent review :)

Thanks to
    All those who helped me along the way and especially, but not limited to, the following developers and groups......
    Google for their wonderful OS that makes open source possible for all of us!

@rascarlo for many features and commits
    @kevdliu and @DariosF for the quick settings mod
    @Martin_Ro
    Team AOKP
    Team CM
    Team PA
    Team Slim
    VanirAOSP
    CFX
    All my faithful testers
    And any more I forgot to mention....without a community of developers none of this is possible.

Kernel Source
    Thanks to….
    Google for the source
    @franciscofranco
    @faux123
    @ramgear
    @anarkia1976
    @stratosk
    @morfic
    @motley
    @mathkid95
    @hellsgod
    @sparksco
    @BytecodeMe
    Any others I forgot to mention for the amazing, innovative development.

So after nearly a week of "fun".....V8.2 is up. This update is all about the whole Pure Speed "eXperience" now with a custom built kernel joining the party. I would like to see everyone at least give it a fair shake before switching to another kernel. I understand it wont be everyone's cup of tea for one reason or another, but I did build it to work the best with PSX and to give users a complete experience now. I will not be releasing the kernel separately as I stated before. I truly hope you all enjoy this update, its the one I at least am most proud of apart from my initial release back in the 4.2 days. As always, dirty flash "should" be ok, but please dont report till a full wipe is done. Superuser is back out now so make sure you grab the latest SuperSU. It and a flashable zip of the stock Google kernel are available in the Add-Ons folder. Im going to try and relax now while waiting for 4.4 to drop. This will likely be the last 4.3 build we do....maybe ;)

Thanks to all for your continued patience through that debacle that was v8....and a HUGE shout out to all those who faithfully tested this build. I know you are weary of rebooting your phones now :)
    Ok all....I was off doing non dev stuff all day yesterday and I see we have many new users (awesome :) ) and I feel its time to reiterate some things.

First, the Nova choice was mine and mine alone. Why, twofold....I use it exclusively and dont like Launcher 2 and it shaved 12MB of bloat from the Rom. Now, you can debate the philosophy and make valid points as to why I am wrong, but in the end its an in house decision that was made and isnt getting changed any time soon.

Secondly, as stated in the OP, this is not a "full featured" Rom like many (I dont think I need to name names) and some things will simply never be implemented either because we dont like, dont use, or simply cant do it. I appreciate that people want this feature and that feature and there is a feature request spreadsheet that I do look at and do comment on. All this being said this will never be one of the big Roms with a huge dev team and every added feature. This is a niche Rom whos niche is speed, not features.

As as far as adding commits just to add a few more points on a benchmark or to make it feel just a little bit faster....guilty as charged and not ashamed at all. This is what the goal of this project is. SInce 4.3 the "data bug" no longer exists but even if it did I would add all the commits again.

We are not trying to win a popularity contest and while I respect everyones opinions and enjoy the feedback this will not be the Rom for everyone. As stated in the OP all that is changed or added will be because we as developers like, need, or want it....or because someone asked for it and it doesnt compromise either our stated goals or wasnt difficult or intrusive.

I apologize for the long winded response but I felt after reading the last 5-6 pages it needed to be said. Open respectful dialog will always be welcome here as will suggestions, feedback, and opinions. But this doesnt mean we will agree with all that is being asked or said. We will do what we feel is best and I will say many of the "must have" features needed to make the "perfect Rom" for many people simply will not happen....maybe just not now and maybe never.

Now, I'm gonna get back to finding ways to wring every drop of performance I can out of JB 4.3! I truly hope none of my words came across as harsh or offensive but simply as the truthful response they were intended to be.
    Now go enjoy yourselves!
    NIghtlies exist, I build them and my faithful testers test them to bring a flawless experience to everyone....release will drop likely tomorrow. It will all depend on whether we find any issues in the pre-release builds Im uploading right now....PSX is going to look very different from v8.5....expect a brand new shiny thread as well. It will be 4.4 v1....new start new numbers....4.3 is dead and builds will be removed from AFH after 4.4 releases are up....forward and onward I say....no looking back. This thread will be closed after the new one opens so if there is anything you guys must save from here I suggest you save it now. PSX 4.4 will bring MANY more features....Jay and Martin are machines, absolutely cranking out the features daily....I dont think we will be limited to what we cant do anymore, only by what we dont want in. I think everyone will be very happy with the new direction and professionalism we are attempting to bring in 4.4. I want to think everyone for all your support during this long, challenging journey and look forward to seeing everyone in the new thread as well. v1 will see the stock AOSP kernel as source is not out yet, but look for PSK for both Mako AND Hammerhead to be forthcoming. With the features all be handled by the dynamic duo I can now focus entirely on speed and the kernel. I am like a proud parent again with this one.....I havent felt this way about a build since my first successful one.....PSX 4.4 is going to be a vast improvement over 4.3 builds......till tomorrow then :)