CM 10.2 preview build #2 (07.08.2013 9:00 UTC)
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CYANOGENMOD RELEASE! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE!
With that said. I have authorization from @gorbi16
to release this for testing. And so far I think it is usable as a daily driver.
4.3 gapps: http://d-h.st/9V3
- Make a nandroid backup
- Wipe /system
- Flash the ROM
- Flash 4.3 gapps
- fastboot flash the included boot.img
No need for a full wipe. But it is always recommended if you encounter any problems.
Task switcher window contents are black (fixed in #2)
Screenshot function does not work (fixed in #2)
- Occasional graphic glitches (reduced in preview #2)
- Focal has some problems (but stock camera should work)
- MHL still doesn't work
- root sometimes not working when set to "only Apps" (more info needed)
- People report that setting root access to "Apps and ADB" works
- Also see posts #14482, #14490 and #14491
- Screen of animation flickers
- Proximity sensor issues (screen stays black during call)
- A2DP Bluetooth issues (stuttering sound and stream switching not possible)
- Can I dirty flash coming from CM 10.1?
- No, you should wipe your /system partition but you can keep /data.
- Can I dirty flash coming from a CM 10.2 preview build?
- Yes (so far). But keep an eye on the changelog to see if there are boot.img changes.
- Where is the Superuser App?
- The Superuser App is now part of CM. You can find it in the Setting under the System category. Make sure you enable root access for Apps in the Superuser settings. In case you can't find it enable the "Developer options" by tapping "Build number 7" in "About phone" 7 times and enable root access there.
Of course many thanks to @XpLoDWilD
for the surfaceflinger workaround, @gorbi16
for his usual kernel and device tree updates and all the other CyanogenMod developers!