msm_hsic_host wakelock on 4.3

Search This thread

beegbear

Jan 16, 2013
Toronto
what's the issue with this wakelock?

According to BatterBatteryStats my screen was on for 40m but awake for one hour and 40 min. WHY??

It's driving me nuts. I'm running all stock after a factory reset, have nothing installed except BBS and whatsapp, signal at max for most of the time — why is still happening?

It's so frustrating. It feels like my phone could get a much better battery life if this issue was resolved.

Any ideas?

I could always try a different ROM I suppose, but I don't have any experience doing that and kind of scared..

This shouldn't happen on stock.

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
its from *can you hear me now* lol i kid. At this moment 4.3 has a lot of issues. Are you running stock? Flashing different Rom is nothing to be afraid off. Make sure to follow the instruction step by step. If you are not sure about something feel free to ask here. There are many users that will help you.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
No, I don't think that's necessary. You're going to want to check for apps that are using data in the background. Or perhaps connection where you are is just bad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

elpino.rv

Oct 17, 2011
Since android 4.3 my battery was draining fast.
During the night (+- 7 hours), with everything off (wifi, 3g, bt, sync etc) it drained about 20 - 25 %!
BBS showed 'msm_hsic_host' kernel wakelocks.

I didn't had this with android 4.2.3 so I was glad I did a nandroid backup of this before I upgraded to 4.3.

However, then the 'strange' thing happened.. after the restore it was still draining.

I did a factory reset, installed no apps but still draining..

Finally I found the solution!! I saw some people had troubles with android 4.3 and tele2 (dutch provider). It gave sim card resets so they had to re-enter their pincode. The solution was to go back to the .48 radio/modem.

Hmmm.. I quickly googled and read that CWM Nandroid didn't performed a backup/restore of the radio! Flashed the .48 radio myself and my problem is solved!!

FYI, I have the dutch 'telfort' provider.

Last edited:
Reactions: jchallett

Calebz

Jan 5, 2009
During the night (+- 7 hours), with everything off (wifi, 3g, bt, sync etc) it drained about 20 - 25 %!

I didn't had this with android 4.2.3 so I was glad I did a nandroid backup of this before I upgraded to 4.3.

However, then the 'strange' thing happened.. after the restore it was still draining.

Finally I found the solution!! I saw some people had troubles with android 4.3 and tele2 (dutch provider). It gave sim card resets so they had to re-enter their pincode. The solution was to go back to the .48 radio/modem.

Hmmm.. I quickly googled and read that CWM Nandroid didn't performed a backup/restore of the radio! Flashed the .48 radio myself and my problem is solved!!

I ran into the same problem. Same fix, as well. Fance - Orange/Free provider.

All instances of this problem I have seen so far have been from outside the US. So much for being an international phone :lol:

Galaxo60

May 25, 2012

I put your post into my thread for people looking for an answer to this wakelock. Hope you don´t mind. Credits to you are there.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44122105

:fingers-crossed:

rlop.es

Aug 19, 2013

Hi elpino! First of all, I am on "Telfort" too. Jammer :(

I am having the same problems you have, with Telfort... Anyway, this weekend I had an amazing battery life, with 3G off... but guess what? I was in Belgium, for pukkelpop... so no Telfort!

Anyway, can you explain to me this whole issue like I was a dumb 2 year old? I am on stock 4.3, lousy battery life, msm_hsic_host wakelocks draining it.
I want to better understand the problem you identified... and the fix of course.

thanks!

Last edited:

elpino.rv

Oct 17, 2011
Hi elpino! First of all, I am on "Telfort" too. Jammer :(

I am having the same problems you have, with Telfort... Anyway, this weekend I had an amazing battery life, with 3G off... but guess what? I was in Belgium, for pukkelpo... so no Telfort!

Anyway, can you explain to me this whole issue like I was a dumb 2 year old? I am on stock 4.3, lousy battery life, msm_hsic_host wakelocks draining it.
I want to better understand the problem you identified... and the fix of course.

thanks!

I think my problem was written well in my first post. Also how I found the fix (went back to 4.2.2 but my problem was still there, then I found out that my radio/modem was still .84, the 4.3 version).

Anyhow, you probably want to know how to flash the .48 radio/modem. Just go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2087227, download the .48 radio/modem and flash it like instructed in that post. (via custom recovery or manually with fastboot)

[edit] I'm now running android 4.3 with the .48 radio/modem. Battery life is good and no problems seen yet with that old modem/radio version.

Last edited:

rlop.es

Aug 19, 2013
I think my problem was written well in my first post. Also how I found the fix (went back to 4.2.2 but my problem was still there, then I found out that my radio/modem was still .84, the 4.3 version).

Anyhow, you probably want to know how to flash the .48 radio/modem. Just go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2087227, download the .48 radio/modem and flash it like instructed in that post. (via custom recovery or manually with fastboot)

[edit] I'm now running android 4.3 with the .48 radio/modem. Battery life is good and no problems seen yet with that old modem/radio version.

Thanks! I will try it then!

About the problem, I was just curious on how specific it was to Telfort. Did you try it with another sim card?

elpino.rv

Oct 17, 2011
It's especially noticeable during the night (+- 7 hours) when I turned everything off (wifi, 3g, sync, BT etc). With the .84 modem it took about 25%, with the .48 modem it takes about 1%.

Note that I have faux kernel. I think with stock kernel it could be more then 1% during the night, maybe 5% or something. Also note that I changed the kernel later. It's not faux kernel that solves the problem.

rlop.es

Aug 19, 2013

elpino, your fix worked for me!
Before, I was getting 18h of battery life (while doing practically nothing), 25% awake time and 39% battery life dedicated to Android OS.
After your fix, and in my first cycle, I got 1day and 18h of battery life, 7% awake time, and 13% Android OS.

So, it seems it works here as well!
Thanks!

zakk87

Sep 3, 2010
I have msm_hsic_host wakelock on 4.4.2. Someone have a solariów?
No data, no 3g.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

TA123

Sep 14, 2010
I have the same problem on t-mobile in the UK. I am using stock ROM with Franco kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.