Nexus 4 only boots the first time

Search This thread

peikojose

May 13, 2012
Dear friends,

Today I decided to do a full wipe (including SD, I have backup or everything btw) and install the lastest CM 10.2 nightly.

With my phone wiped, I used adb push to push the CM's zip, installed in using TWRP and everything was going fine.. I rebooted and I was able to configure CM, installed some apps and restarted....

Stuck at google's logo.

I say: It might be something I installed...

Wiped again, used adb again, installed only the CM10.2 zip it booted fine, I didn't install anything.. I restarted... and bammmm!...

Stuck at google's logo.

I can Access perfectly TWRP

I am running out of ideas, maybe flashing the stock Factory images from google website first?

Acuity

Nov 13, 2012
New Hampshire
Dear friends,

Today I decided to do a full wipe (including SD, I have backup or everything btw) and install the lastest CM 10.2 nightly.

With my phone wiped, I used adb push to push the CM's zip, installed in using TWRP and everything was going fine.. I rebooted and I was able to configure CM, installed some apps and restarted....

Stuck at google's logo.

Wiped again, used adb again, installed only the CM10.2 zip it booted fine, I didn't install anything.. I restarted... and bammmm!...

Stuck at google's logo.

I am running out of ideas, maybe flashing the stock Factory images from google website first?
Are you sure you cleared all of the data? Maybe you could try clearing the Dalvik cache/cache to see if it gives it a kick start. If that doesn't work I'd try downloading CM 10.2 again -- maybe you had a bad download.

I went through a similar process and had no issues.

Reactions: peikojose

peikojose

May 13, 2012
Yes I had the lastest bootloader and radio but it didn't help.

I had to install google 4.3 image and from there install CM 10.2, everything working fine now!

By the way, the original LG cable that came with the phone is not working properly, when flashing radio using fastboot it took like 15 minutes to transfer the file (It's around 50mb I think)!! after changing the port and cable (using an old Nokia cable hehe) it took less than a minute to flash system.img (that is around 500Mb).

Yes I had the lastest bootloader and radio but it didn't help.

I had to install google 4.3 image and from there install CM 10.2, everything working fine now!

By the way, the original LG cable that came with the phone is not working properly, when flashing radio using fastboot it took like 15 minutes to transfer the file (It's around 50mb I think)!! after changing the port and cable (using an old Nokia cable hehe) it took less than a minute to flash system.img (that is around 500Mb).

I'm experiencing the same error with multiple 4.3 roms.

Where did you got the Google 4.3 image?
I found this list but not sure if those are the ones you are talking about:
http://goo.gl/EbhCCL

peikojose

May 13, 2012

Yes... That is the page .. You have to download the one for the Nexus 4 then use 7zip to extract the .tar file until you get the .IMG files (radio recovery bootloader and system) then you have to flash them to your phone using adb commands.

There is a guide for doing that, so search it (its called something like how to flash stock images ) and follow the instructions carefully

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Davirus849
Yes... That is the page .. You have to download the one for the Nexus 4 then use 7zip to extract the .tar file until you get the .IMG files (radio recovery bootloader and system) then you have to flash them to your phone using adb commands.

There is a guide for doing that, so search it (its called something like how to flash stock images ) and follow the instructions carefully

:good:

mrhiab

Sep 12, 2012

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010312

worked like a charm :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear friends,

Stuck at google's logo.

Stuck at google's logo.

Are you sure you cleared all of the data? Maybe you could try clearing the Dalvik cache/cache to see if it gives it a kick start. If that doesn't work I'd try downloading CM 10.2 again -- maybe you had a bad download.

I went through a similar process and had no issues.
    Did you flash the latest bootloader and modem? Might wanna give it a try.

:good:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010312

worked like a charm :good: