Installing & Using Ervius Visual Kitchen V1.8.1 For OPAL

Search This thread

BesFen

Mar 11, 2008
Surabaya
Hi Everybody, I have a good news, Ervius Visual Kitchen V 1.8.1 is working well on OPAL, and with it you can make your own Up to date ROM and Multi Languange ROM.

First and Last, I am only presenting the Kitchen, Not the ROM, so if you have any nonworking app, please don't ask me, discuss it here with others Opal Owner because I DON'T HAVE OPAL. But if you ask me about the kitchen, i will answer it.

Thanks to:
- imblfmstr for tested the kitchen
- Ervius & Bepe for the great tools and kitchen
- Olipro
- tadzio

Download Link 21844 KITCHEN:
http://www.4shared.com/file/129247993/76a618f3/ERVIUS_KITCHEN_FOR_OPAL_By_BesFen.html

CONTENT OF 21844 KITCHEN
This is the kitchen root preview in Windows Explorer:
Opal_Folder.jpg

1. EXT Folder
The External packages (EXT) folder is divided into Device Specific folders and a Shared folder:

*Device Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific type of the device.
Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders and a Common folder.

*Operating System Build Version Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific build (version) of Operating System. The Common folder is typically used for files (packages) that can be installed on any Operating System build version.

2. OEM Folder
The OEM folder can contain multiple Device Specific folders.

*Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Locale Specific folders and a Common folder.
*The Common folder is typically used for files (packages) that can be installed in any locale – not specific to a language.
*Locale Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific locale.

3. ROM Folder
The ROM folder is divided into Device Specific folders and a Shared folder.

*The Shared folder is typically used for kernel system files that are compatible amongst devices. (MSXIPKERNEL folder)
*Device Specific folders are typically used for kernel system files that should only be applied to a specific type of the device. (OEMXIPKERNEL folder)

-The Shared folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders. Operating System Build Version Specific folders are typically used for kernel system files that should only be applied to a specific build (version) of Operating System.

-Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders.

4. SYS Folder
The system (SYS) folder is divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders.

*The Build Version Specific folders will often contain files (packages) specific to the device DPI (Dot Per Inch) and Horizontal/Vertical display size.

*Each Operating System Build Version Specific folder is further divided into a ROM DPI, ROM Resolution, and Shared folder – providing a significant amount of flexibility during ROM compilation.

*The ROM DPI, ROM Resolution, and Shared folders are further divided into Locale Specific folders and a Common folder.

*The Common folder is typically used for system files (packages) that can be installed in any locale – not specific to a language.
*Locale Specific folders are typically used for system files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific locale – for example, 0409 (English).

Last edited:

BesFen

Mar 11, 2008
Surabaya
Updating visual kitchen with new build

SOURCE OF HOT BUILD
If you want to Build a new ROM with The new Build, go to here to get the Source.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=544445

UPDATING VISUAL KITCHEN WITH NEW BUILD

We assume to update my 21844 visual kitchen for OPAL with newer Build (example 23037).
A. EXT
1. In the EXT\Opal create a new empty folder with the name of the build (example 23037).
2. copy the folder “Opal_External_Packages” inside EXT\Opal\21844 to EXT\Opal\23037.
Opal_1.jpg

Now your extended packages is ready

B. OEM
No need to modify this Folder

C. ROM
1. In the ROM\Opal Folder, create a new folder with the name of the build (example 23037). Copy the OEMXipKernel folder from ROM\Opal\21844 into this folder as shown below:
Opal_2.jpg

2. in the ROM\Shared Folder, create a new folder with the name of the build (example 23037). Copy the MSXipKernel folder from New Build into this folder as shown above.

D. SYS
In the SYS Folder, create a new folder with the name of the build (example 23037). Copy the SYS from the new Build into this folder as shown below:
Opal_3.jpg

DUMP XIP.BIN TO GET MSXIPKernel
TO make a new build ROM, we need MSXIPKernel, and sometime people only provide xip.bin of the new build. If it happens we need to dump it to get MSXIPKernel, download that file, and dump it with XIPPort.exe, here is the tools.:
http://www.4shared.com/file/125449740/a1b9e454/XIPPort.html

Now, put the attached file and the xip.bin in the same folder, then run XIPPort.exe, click “dump xip.bin” and wait until folder “OUT” appear, then click “make pkgs”, close the XIPPort.exe.
xipport.jpg

Go to folder “out” and you will find “Files and Modules” folder, inside each folder, you will find folder MSXIPKernel. Move the module inside OUT\MODULES\MSXIPKernel to OUT\FILES\MSXIPKernel, now you have the MSXIPKernel. And don’t forget to delete any *.txt file inside MSXIPKernel.
xipport2.jpg

USING VISUAL KITCHEN

After add new build, run the kitchen, and you will get pic as below:
VK_OPAL.jpg

1. Choose your device, Opal
2. Choose your XIP Build
3. Choose your SYS Build
4. Choose your EXT Build

The default compression is XPR, you can make LZX compression by select the LZX.

You can change the PP, click "Other" Buton, you will see pic below:
VK2.jpg

Enter the number of PP as you want, the default for Opal is 12Mb, More PP make the ROM more stable and multitasking, you can make experience for the number of PP.

You can weather the package in the EXT, OEM, or SYS to include in the ROM or no by double click the name of packages.

OK that is all, you ready to click the "Create ROM" Button.

HAPPY COOKING :D:D:D Time to SLEEP....

Last edited:

BesFen

Mar 11, 2008
Surabaya
Useful tools

USEFUL TOOLS

EXT PACKAGES CREATOR'S TOOL
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4489567&postcount=17
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4714566&postcount=69 Thanks XirXes

Here is some method posted by XirXes to minimize memory leak by make SLOT 0 memory free from Modules, Thanks XirXes.
Original posted by XirXes
Hey BesFen, I think we need a post about memory mapping in this thread. One of the biggest things I've found that makes a rom invariably suck is poor memory mapping. It can even lead to not booting. I use this list of modules that can be converted to files from EDTP. It helped me fix my mapping issue without breaking anything. I use RightClickRecmod from this post for converting. Right click recmod needs C++ Runtimes and .NET Framework in order to work. If for any reason that doesn't work for someone they can do it from inside the kitchen itself (I've never tried it that way) or they can use a .bat script I found here.

RightClickRecmod
C++ Runtimes
.NET Framework

The modules that can convert to file:
Code:
AdobeFlash = ALL
AdobeFlashCodecs = ALL
BaseApps = Beam.exe, caldl.dll, calendar.exe, doclist.dll, fexplore.exe, hotvoice.exe, note_prj.dll, notes.exe, pimg.exe, shptutil.dll, VoiceBar.dll, VoiceCtl.dll and voicedll.dll
BlueTooth = bthpbap.dll ONLY!!!!
BROWSING = browser.dll, iexplore.exe and wmlview.dll
BROWSINGCORE = jscript.dll, mlang.dll and msscript.dll only.
Browsingie = ALL
BTDUN = NONE
Bth_A2DP = Avrcp_MPplugin.dll only.
Bth_HID = All except for bthidsvc.dll
GPSid = gpsid.dll
InternetSharing = ALL
MediaOS = ALL
NetCF = ALL
OS = dw.exe, dwui.dll, enrollnot.exe, machineenroller.dll, machineenrollerlaunch.exe, networkpolicycsp.dll, omadmclient.exe, quartz.dll, tcpstk.dll, tmarshaller.exe, umarshaller.exe
Phone = simsec.dll, tkitapp.exe
PhoneRedist = siclnt.exe
Redist = configmanager.dll, configmanager2.dll, obexapi.dll, obexinbx.dll, remnet.exe, syscsps.dll, welcome.exe
RemoteDesktopMobile = ALL
Shell = autotimeupdate.exe, CertInstaller.exe, fbrowser.dll, find.dll, msnsspc.dll, mstli.exe, peghelp.exe, richink.dll, rnaapp.exe, shfind.exe, sndplay.exe, taskmgr.exe, tskschcsp.dll, tskschedule.exe and tskscheduleu.exe
SkyBox = All but MyPhoneService.dll
WindowsLive = ALL but any DLL with Resource in the name.
WindowsLiveIM = ALL, unless you leave it running.
WMWidgets = unkown since I don't run any, but I imagine if you leave widgets running there should be a few.
Here some source of SYS, ready to use in VK Kitchen.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=587655 =====> Already Recmod/convert to file
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=551470 =====> some build of SYS already Recmod/convert to file

Last edited:

vigos

Mar 7, 2009
Great BesFen, really good work! Can any mod make this post a sticky? Thanks!
I will be trying this kitchen soon...

BesFen

Mar 11, 2008
Surabaya
I have successfully cooked a booting 23041 rom with this kitchen and once its working right I'll make a thread for it. Thanks BesFen, you're the man.

Nice to hear that the kitchen work well, Now time for you and others to build ROM and share it in Forum.
GO A HEAD, MAKE A ROM....

theglen35

Jun 11, 2009
Something wrong

Hey guys thanks for all your work on making this kitchen.But i think something is wrong somewhere.I build a rom 23037 and it booted and came up to the home screen,it has good speed but no backgroung,the home settings does not work,comm manager don't work and some other settings. What could be wrong?
Oh and i noticed that on boot the ONBL is 1.27.0000 and the OS is 1.26.0.0.

BesFen

Mar 11, 2008
Surabaya
Guys i figured out what was wrong.The EXT folder don't have all the files for the Opal to work correctly.You can download the files from here : http://rs415.rapidshare.com/files/148930538/Opal_Stock_ROM_OEM_Folder.rar
I replaced all the files in the EXT and OEM folder with the ones i downloaded, build the rom and everything works great.By the way the SYS and XIP has to be 96dpi for it to work on the opal.

That's GOOD, This is we call THREAD for OPAL DEVELOPMENT, I hope everybody can share every knowledge in COOKING here.

Take a look others thread, they blow very quick, come on, i want to see other guys active here.

Transfer knowledge, Discuss, and Release a ROM.... Make OPAL FORUM HOT

TheRem

Feb 20, 2007
Las Piñas
darem.co.nr
how do i use this?

i just want to remove some apps from the rom like TouchFLO, Opera, Voice Commander etc... the ones i don't use to free up some memory.

is it like Bart PE Builder?

if i ʞɔnɟ up the cooking, will it brick my Viva when i flash it?

Last edited:

BesFen

Mar 11, 2008
Surabaya
how do i use this?

i just want to remove some apps from the rom like TouchFLO, Opera, Voice Commander etc... the ones i don't use to free up some memory.

is it like Bart PE Builder?

if i ʞɔnɟ up the cooking, will it brick my Viva when i flash it?

You can double click the app name from the kitchen list, or you can remove the folder name of app from EXT Folder.

The PDA may not boot (Brick) if:
1. the different version of XIP and SYS to far.
2. you don't put complete xip's files

But you can fix it by flash with others ROM, just go to Bootloader or Tricolor (I don't know which Button must press in Opal), connect your PDA to PC, and Flash again, very simple.

nguoc

Aug 18, 2008
ROM create is running, but very slowly. Looks like a fresh ROM. Btw, when I dump a cooked rom, it stop with error, may be protected ROM! Anybody know how to overcome that?

Diagrax

Mar 8, 2009
Xiaomi Poco F3
Including Other Apps

Does anyone know how to add Apps (.cabs) to the list on the Kitchen so its included into the ROM like other apps not included.

BesFen

Mar 11, 2008
Surabaya
ROM create is running, but very slowly. Looks like a fresh ROM. Btw, when I dump a cooked rom, it stop with error, may be protected ROM! Anybody know how to overcome that?

Protected ROM can not be dumped, better you dump a stock (Official) ROM.

The ROM should run fast in opal, not slow, pls inspect the xip and sys, maybe you miss some module/file, or put the module not in right place.

nguoc

Aug 18, 2008
Protected ROM can not be dumped, better you dump a stock (Official) ROM.

The ROM should run fast in opal, not slow, pls inspect the xip and sys, maybe you miss some module/file, or put the module not in right place.

Thank you,
I follow all the instruction in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=554858, dump the orginal rom 6.1, built a rom, then I want to dump the created rom, but cannot!
The instruction does not mention anything about xip, cause the kitchen create it during building process. So just the sys. I download the sys in
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=544445;
ported it in the kitchen, change the dpi to 96, res to 240x320, then create. But some time the ROM can boot, some time it cannot. Btw, if it boot, I found lots of errors, and don't know how to resolve it.
Does anybody have a stock 6.5 ROM or every thing dump from it?