[ROM][10/27] CleanROM 7.1 -★| Marshmallow! | MRA58U !| Aroma! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Joeful

Aug 22, 2012
www.twitter.com
The death of a loved one is always difficult to accept and to deal with. But hang in there, you'll make it through eventually. Give yourself time to grieve.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Oh, it didn't die? Ignore my previous post then. BTW, a few nicks and scars add "character", or so I've been told. ;)

Not to mention, unique nicks and scars help identify a stolen device. :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Kiserai

May 31, 2010
Spokane, WA
I know this more then likely has nothing to do with the rom but I thought I would ask if anyone had suggestions. I went from 1.3 to 1.5 the other day and my tablet has been working like a champ. Went to pull it out last night when I got home and I found a blue smear it looks like on it. I'm running a dead pixel scan on it now just to see if it corrects anything. On the off chance anyone might know what causes it or if I should try anything thought I would post here.

I had something like that on one of my old iPhones before I made the switch. Mine looked great in the store but the first time I really started using it (and it got hot) a mark like that showed up under the glass. I think I remember it being some kind of adhesive that wasn't supposed to show up but a bad batch of phones went out that had the problem.

Just return it for an exchange. Walmart is notorious for taking everything back, and if you're just asking for an exchange instead of cash I think you won't have any problems.

On a more related topic, I just switched back to this ROM as PA wasn't really doing it for me. I like the stock experience better on CleanROM, but I really wish that the quick toggles worked like they do in other ROMs. This is the only ROM I've ever seen where I have to hold to toggle, and when I tap it goes to the settings menu for that item. Is it possible, and have you ever thought of, trying to reverse it on CleanROM?

Last edited:

Seamonkey79

Jan 11, 2011
Tampa, FL
Last page or so he mentioned he might be able to look into it. I will also add a request for it, if possible. For the same reason, is the only lyrics thing I don't like about this build. Bonus points for it being the only thing I don't like about this build, thanks Scott :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

DC_MTP

Sep 7, 2011
Nation's Capital
how can i verify that i have clean Rom installed? Just got my new tab couple hours ago and got it rooted /unlocked and twrp installed. under settings about tablet I was hoping to see something along the lines of "CleamRom1.5" or something... this thing looks almost identical to when I first booted lol. tottally a noob.. First pure google device.. Coming from the OG sammy 10.1 P7510

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Last page or so he mentioned he might be able to look into it. I will also add a request for it, if possible. For the same reason, is the only lyrics thing I don't like about this build. Bonus points for it being the only thing I don't like about this build, thanks Scott :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

I guess if that is the only thing you dont like I did well then :angel:

Reactions: noneabove

Ed 115

Jan 17, 2013
true hd

Loving the rom so far, very smooth compared to stock and PA. Did a clean install and using faux latest 005m.

Issue I'm having is hd playback on some apps. Hulu plus no longer plays on hd (no more hd quality in settings, only high quality....) and Google play movies have no hd option either. Also with play movies I can't even play the surround sound demo, says my rental expired. This also occurred on PA rom latest, is this a known issue across roms?

Scott

Loving the rom so far, very smooth compared to stock and PA. Did a clean install and using faux latest 005m.

Issue I'm having is hd playback on some apps. Hulu plus no longer plays on hd (no more hd quality in settings, only high quality....) and Google play movies have no hd option either. Also with play movies I can't even play the surround sound demo, says my rental expired. This also occurred on PA rom latest, is this a known issue across roms?

I stream Google Play Movies in 1080P. Your bandwidth good? Fast enough?

Hulu, I will check but last time I checked it was fine...

Netflix was updated for 1080P specifically for this tablet so...

Let me look at Hulu real quck. Also, can you link to the specific demo you are talking about so I can try it?

Reactions: Ed 115

Scott

I just tested Hulu and to be quite frank...

It was simply stunning!

Here are some of "The Daily Show with John Stewart" taken in a low light environment using my HTC One on default settings.

Even the pics look good :good:

2013-08-30%2003.41.44.jpg

2013-08-30%2003.41.09.jpg

Reactions: RagManX and Ed 115

Scott

That there is PURE HD!

Prolly not 60FPS but man, it looks good.

If you having issues with Hulu here is what I would ask you before I went any further...

1. Did you install a custom kernel?
2. Do you have the most update to date Hulu app?
3. Can your bandwidth support it?
4. How does it act on the stock ROM?

Scott

As far as the "rental period expired" that sounds like a google account issue. Email them and ask them. Thats not a ROM issue for sure.

Some feel free to jump in and correct me here.

EDIT: Confirmed the rental issue with the sound test but all my other movies are legit. Full HD and no issues.

If I get time this weekend I will flash back to stock and test it.

Last edited:

Ed 115

Jan 17, 2013
That there is PURE HD!

Prolly not 60FPS but man, it looks good.

If you having issues with Hulu here is what I would ask you before I went any further...

1. Did you install a custom kernel?
2. Do you have the most update to date Hulu app?
3. Can your bandwidth support it?
4. How does it act on the stock ROM?

As far as the "rental period expired" that sounds like a google account issue. Email them and ask them. Thats not a ROM issue for sure.

Some feel free to jump in and correct me here.

EDIT: Confirmed the rental issue with the sound test but all my other movies are legit. Full HD and no issues.

If I get time this weekend I will flash back to stock and test it.

I really appreciate your time and responses, thanks a lot.
I tried using the stock kernel and custom kernel, same non HD results, I know for sure I get HD with stock ROM - that's the first things I tested when I got the tablet.

I've un and reinstalled Hulu, still no HD option. I actually chuckled when you posted those screen shots because that is not the quality I get at all. I have pretty good Internet speeds at over 20mb/s and even tried other fast networks.

You know what's funny, I get HD playback in Google movies on my nexus 4 running PA and Franco. Not Hulu because it doesn't support HD on nexus 4 yet.

I'm gonna restore my nandroid backup - all stock everything, and see if that's still the case.

Again, seriously awesome ROM. Thanks again

Update:
Restored to jssi1j build. HD works everywhere. I am baffled. Device prompted me to update to jelly bean 4.3, is that the new jssi1q build?

Update 2:
Reinstalled clean ROM 1.5, did not restore existing account data, no option for HD on play movies and Hulu. This is so frustrating. Should I completely wipe my tablet, (flash factory img) and just start over? I really want to flashroms wwithout losing HD in those apps.

Last edited:

DC_MTP

Sep 7, 2011
Nation's Capital
It should be the last item listed. "Build Number"

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Yes im on the latest ..says JSS15Q - just got my tablet yesterday and it prompted me to update to the latest build on first boot....did that then unlock bootloader then rooted followed by twrp then installed this ROM but I can't verify that it was successful. All other custom Roms I've installed in the past would have the Dev name or their ROM name somewhere in "about tablet" section.

fadi33

Oct 28, 2008
Yes im on the latest ..says JSS15Q - just got my tablet yesterday and it prompted me to update to the latest build on first boot....did that then unlock bootloader then rooted followed by twrp then installed this ROM but I can't verify that it was successful. All other custom Roms I've installed in the past would have the Dev name or their ROM name somewhere in "about tablet" section.

Doesn't look like you are on CleanRom 1.5. It should look like this. (By the way, I have tablet UI installed)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-30-10-51-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-30-10-51-19.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 345
Reactions: DC_MTP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][10/27] CleanROM 7.1 -★| Marshmallow! | MRA58U !| Aroma! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

CR7.png

about.png

• CleanROM is designed with a purpose in mind; Be Fast, Be Smooth, Be Stable, Be CLEAN!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Google Stock Lollipop 6.0.0 ROM Base!
    • CleanROM uses the powerful Aroma Installer!
    • CleanROM is powered by SuperSU by Chainfire
    • CleanROM is targeted at the user that wants a stock ROM experience but demand higher performance and expect stability!

features.png

• Utilizes Aroma Installer with the following options:
      • Launcher: Nova Launcher, Stock Launcher
      • Google Apps: Gmail, YouTube, Hangouts, Maps, PlusOne and Photos, Movies and TV, Music
      • Misc Apps: ES File Explorer, Ad Away, Reboot Manager, AOSP Gallery, AOSP Music
    • FS TRIM on install and reboot
    • su.d
    • Minor file system performance enhancements
    • Undeniable stability and performance!

Version 7.1.0 - 10/27/2015
    • Updated to Android Marshmallow 6.0.0 - Build MRA58U
    • All apps and features remain the same
    • Latest updated post starts HERE!

MOD EDIT: Link removed as domain has expired. Thread closed until new links can be installed

Donations are greatly accepted!
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

[/CENTER]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10/27] CleanROM 7.1 -★| Marshmallow! | MRA58U !| Aroma! | Clean! | Stable! |★-, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    scrosler
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.05 Bootloader
    Based On: Stock Google

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-10-27

Created 2014-07-21
    Last Updated 2017-11-11
    Thanks!
    • @.MoHaMaD for portions of the updater script! His work was instrumental in getting CleanROM perfected!
    • @OMJ for general chat about Marshmallow!
    • @Chainfire for root!
    • @Stericson for busybox!

FAQ's
    • 1. WTF!?!? My Camera and Photos is / are not working when I open them from the Nova Launcher shortcuts on the home screen!
    • Due to the way Nova Launcher works you will need to recreate the shortcuts and they will launch without issue!
    • 2. How do I update my bootloader to the Lollipop 5.1 / Marshmallow 6.0 boot loader?
    • Flash this bootloader update here: Flo Bootloader 4.05
    • 4. I love this ROM but I dont have any Android building experience! How can I contribute to the CleanROM project?
    • Easy, send a small (or large) donation! ;) Its the easiest way to contribute and help offset hosting and other costs. Plus its a nice way to just say Thanks!
    Unfortunately we suffered a death in my family yesterday. It was an uncle that was close to me.

Also, I have some medical issues in regards to the surgery I had in April.

I cannot foresee myself getting this update done any time soon.

If / when things return to normal I will re-open thread and continue building but just too much going on right now and dont want to keep people in suspense.
    Make sure you update to the latest CleanROM!
    ROMS UP!

Let the crack flashing begin! :highfive: