sph-d710 GB28 need help!! clockworkmod/roms/etc

Search This thread

hondais1

Aug 29, 2013
Hi. Ok, I just got the samsgung galaxy s2 4g aka epic touch 4g VIRGIN MOBILE.

The GB28 version is one I cant find much info on so please help.

1) Can I use clockworkmod on this?

2) How can I make a backup off my current stock rom?

3) Can is use a 4.2.2 JB? I have 4.1.2 stock.

I rooted this using framaroot. It worked :)

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013

1. Yes
2. Download and flash cwm and run backup through cwm
3. Yes, but there are no TW 4.2.2 ports available for the e4gt yet, but there are some available from CM, AOSP, etc

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda premium

Reactions: Gil81

hondais1

Aug 29, 2013
Thanks. That really helped. Just got cwm on and backuped my current rom. I remember the good days with Optimus V.... :( sad

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using xda premium. <---- ty piratebay + modified Play Store ;)?

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Thanks. That really helped. Just got cwm on and backuped my current rom. I remember the good days with Optimus V.... :( sad

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using xda premium. <---- ty piratebay + modified Play Store ;)?

Sweet. Glad you got it up and running!

hondais1

Aug 29, 2013
I am really greatful. Can I donate to you? Do u have a paypal or somthing? Or a "donate here" button?

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using xda premium

Reactions: patrao_n

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
I am really greatful. Can I donate to you? Do u have a paypal or somthing? Or a "donate here" button?

I appreciate that very much. A simple thanks is payment enough, but then you for the offer. I'm just thrilled I could help.

dziliak

Jul 27, 2013
If you are rooted, and on GB28, then flash you can flash Garwynn's GB28 kernel w/Agat's recovery, which comes with cwm.

You can also use garwynn's latest GB27 kernel with no issues.
jd's probably too modest to mention it, but I reflashed with his GB28 Deodexed/Debloated rom in order to free up some space for converting a few user apps into system ones, along with integrating updates.

If you do reflash with his rom, don't click on the (so-called) Connections Optimizer in settings.
jd removed it but the link is still there and my phone locks up if I click on it by mistake.

I don't have a link handy, but the hack for GB27 hotspot works on GB28 as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdsingle76

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Where can you download this kernel I've been looking everywhere but all i can find is broken links :(

I think there are some issues with the links at the moment. GB27 kernel works fine with VM, fyi. Garwynn is aware and working on it. :)

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
I appreciate that very much. A simple thanks is payment enough, but then you for the offer. I'm just thrilled I could help.

Wow...

I'm cruising the help section.... as I do... great way to learn.. as I see problems others are having that I haven't and learn by helping and searching with/for them... And

I see this post... just utterly amazed... it's members like you and so many others that make this forum so Great...

Reactions: jdsingle76

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Yes
    2. Download and flash cwm and run backup through cwm
    3. Yes, but there are no TW 4.2.2 ports available for the e4gt yet, but there are some available from CM, AOSP, etc

Thanks. Now which cwm do I use. I tried a few but they never took :(

If you are rooted, and on GB28, then flash you can flash Garwynn's GB28 kernel w/Agat's recovery, which comes with cwm.

You can also use garwynn's latest GB27 kernel with no issues.
    jd's probably too modest to mention it, but I reflashed with his GB28 Deodexed/Debloated rom in order to free up some space for converting a few user apps into system ones, along with integrating updates.

If you do reflash with his rom, don't click on the (so-called) Connections Optimizer in settings.
    jd removed it but the link is still there and my phone locks up if I click on it by mistake.

I don't have a link handy, but the hack for GB27 hotspot works on GB28 as well.

Havent been on much. Work has been nuts lately. Thanks. :D