[ROM][5/17/2013][JB 4.2.2 CM10.1][Tablet UI]

Search This thread

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Strange I haven't had that issue, I'm using go launcher HD though.

Just tested it in nova and that bug does occur, but I usually run an app that force auto rotates the screen cause I can't charge my kindle while using Skype without bending the cable, already had to resolder the charger once because of this... Anyways when I disable the force auto rotate go launcher hd doesn't exhibit the bug only nova, maybe its just a bug in nova?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Reactions: Jester6

Jester6

Feb 28, 2012
Saskatchewan
Strange I haven't had that issue, I'm using go launcher HD though.

Just tested it in nova and that bug does occur, but I usually run an app that force auto rotates the screen cause I can't charge my kindle while using Skype without bending the cable, already had to resolder the charger once because of this... Anyways when I disable the force auto rotate go launcher hd doesn't exhibit the bug only nova, maybe its just a bug in nova?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Good to know, ill try with a couple different launchers and see what happens. Also, as hashcode updated there won't be a build tonight >.> friday more than likely once i get everything settled. (thanks stunts)

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Hey thought I'd ask since its been a week or so, but you going to release the latest cm build soon? Hashcode finally worked out most of the bugs that were prominent I think. I know you have your own things to do as well, don't wanna be a pest for asking for updates though. I am personally kinda curious about the process involved in making it into a tablet ui, I was thinking based on my limited experience compiling kernels and programs in Linux, if it is typically files that don't have their line positions changed in each update, is it possible to make a more automated process using a patch file? Just trying to think of ways to make it easier on you so you don't have to do as much work when there's a release. Hmm I'm starting to wonder if I called that right, maybe its called a difference file? I just remember using the patch command I believe it was, when patching kernels, so as not to have to manually modify source code ( though I did anyway xD).

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I hope when this does get updated it has a cm 10.1 and 10.2 update, instead of just the cm 10.2, as from what I know there are bugs with applications since the update is sorta new, easier to just run the old version until all the apps sort out the problems. I am currently trying to kinda rig rig a tablet ui based on jesters, but I haven't the means to compile 2 of the java files I read about that need modifying, so I can only mess with the framework and the systemui.

Reactions: south956

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
This was my favorite ROM when it came out but seems all the devs are waiting on stable updates and some have stopped working on device, @Jester6 hope we hear from you soon and please make both versions if you can because 4.3 has many crashes

XKPADf4.jpg

For your own custom Sig : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1922304 Made you click!

Jester6

Feb 28, 2012
Saskatchewan
Hey guys, so I have a tester for someone if they wouldn't mind flashing it and putting it through its paces for me. I no longer have the KFHD, sold it to a friend but will continue to blind build for those of you that want this... providing this works. 4.3 changed some things in the framework that threw me for a loop. Thats the next thing, this will be 4.3 only for the foreseeable future.

The build will likely be up tonight so if i get a few PM's ill pick a couple and toss you the link in the AM. Thanks in advance!

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
Hey guys, so I have a tester for someone if they wouldn't mind flashing it and putting it through its paces for me. I no longer have the KFHD, sold it to a friend but will continue to blind build for those of you that want this... providing this works. 4.3 changed some things in the framework that threw me for a loop. Thats the next thing, this will be 4.3 only for the foreseeable future.

The build will likely be up tonight so if i get a few PM's ill pick a couple and toss you the link in the AM. Thanks in advance!

I'll try it out for you

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Thought i would release this since i made it for a friend of mine and some other people might enjoy it, here's a tablet ui for the latest build of CM10.1, NOT 10.2, and furthermore i will mention now:
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device or if your cat explodes. xD (neither is anyone else)

Anyways here's some quick instructions:
1. Goto the cm10.1 thread to get and flash the latest cm10.1
2. flash the latest gapps for cm10.1
3. Flash the file i attatched below

On another note if you are already running the latest cm10.1, just flash the file i attached, followed by a cache and dalvik cache wipe to be on the safe side and it should also work. If you are on the last release of the cm10.1 tablet ui by jester, i personally would do a wipe of the cache, dalvik cache and system partition before flashing the stock cm, but that's just me, i don't like to chance leaving any files behind from the previous OS's system files.

I don't think you should flash the google dpi fix but am unsure, the files are slightly old in the google dpi fix, like 1 build older than the current gapps, so i don't know if it will cause problems or not so flashing that is up to you. Anyways please tell me if it works. It flashes fine on my own device, so it should also flash fine on everyone else's.

Attachments

• TabletUI.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 675
Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Thanks! Though I kinda did put the DPI at 178, I didn't replace the build.prop though, I just have it set to run a shell script during the flash that uses sed to only modify the LCD density line.

Z

Zpik

how did you add tabletUI, Please pm me a guide, working on a rom right now!:)

irish_711

Mar 29, 2012
Moto G5 Plus
I'm searching a flash player for a browser on this ROM, do anybody now where I find this?

Scroll down about half way and you'll see the apks for download.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Unless you meant a browser that plays flash, in which case, try either Dolphin or Firefox

Dolphin - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

FireFox - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
To use flash on dolphin you have to get a modded version from the forums, don't remember where it was, but if it detects you are on jellybean it won't let u enable flash without the modded version.

Tronyx86

Jan 10, 2012
Spring City
GMail & Text-to-Speech Engine

First of all a big thanks to Hash and Jester for this! Love this ROM on my KFHD since it makes me actually want to use it now.

I installed this ROM two days ago and everything is running absolutely perfect except I cannot update GMail or Google Text-to-Speech Engine. Says there's an issue with the installed version so it cannot be updated and I should remove them and reinstall. Now, I'm not a novice when it comes to technology, but I'm far from a pro when it comes to Android.

Anyone have any advice for being able to update those Apps?

Tronyx

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Thought i would release this since i made it for a friend of mine and some other people might enjoy it, here's a tablet ui for the latest build of CM10.1, NOT 10.2, and furthermore i will mention now:
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device or if your cat explodes. xD (neither is anyone else)

Anyways here's some quick instructions:
1. Goto the cm10.1 thread to get and flash the latest cm10.1
2. flash the latest gapps for cm10.1
3. Flash the file i attatched below

On another note if you are already running the latest cm10.1, just flash the file i attached, followed by a cache and dalvik cache wipe to be on the safe side and it should also work. If you are on the last release of the cm10.1 tablet ui by jester, i personally would do a wipe of the cache, dalvik cache and system partition before flashing the stock cm, but that's just me, i don't like to chance leaving any files behind from the previous OS's system files.

I don't think you should flash the google dpi fix but am unsure, the files are slightly old in the google dpi fix, like 1 build older than the current gapps, so i don't know if it will cause problems or not so flashing that is up to you. Anyways please tell me if it works. It flashes fine on my own device, so it should also flash fine on everyone else's.

one thing, can you make something similar for cm 11

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I wish... Apparently Google took out the parts from the is needed for tablet ui in cm 11, I'm still hanging in cm 10.1 because I couldn't get in touch with jester6 to get his cm 10.2 tablet ui beta and I couldn't get the default patch to work because of aforementioned bug that he fixed that I have no idea how to fix.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.1 Tablet UI

This is CM10.1 with Tablet UI for the Kindle Fire HD 7", it is built on Hashcodes rom. Nova launcher is installed by default as Trebuchet does not play nice with Tablet UI.

FEATURES:
    Hashcodes CM10.1
    Dual Pane View Style Settings
    TabUI is Independent of DPI Changes
    Nova Launcher 2.1 is default launcher *set desktop width margins to none for best results, change grid size to your preference!*
    Ad blocking via hosts file

Instructions:
    1. Wipe System/Factory Reset (Data)/Cache/Dalvik
    - If coming from previous build (1.1) data wipe not needed. If coming from amazon, WIPE.
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Latest GAPPS
    4. Flash Play Store DPI fix *Mandatory*
    5. Reboot

*Recommend changing I/O scheduler to noop*

Download Link:
    ROM: https://mega.co.nz/#!pVJynIoA!LIiPOgqauKLBB1HAK5WQPwCo_YAA4eFu4z3XiEH9OXI
    GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
    GPLAY DPI FIX: https://mega.co.nz/#!8VonnAyL!Z7rsHT38WQ-GWXtI5nusRXfqxfF-FG902t3LGq49KVA

AuxLV for the TabletUI initiative
    Hashcode For Bringing Cm10.1 To Our KFHD!

Bugs:
    This rom is built on Hashcodes CM10.1 so any bugs you may have found in his rom are also likely in this. Everything seems to be fully functional other than what already wasn't and the Tab UI works without a hitch. I will keep this updated as Hashcode updates his rom for those of you who want to use it.

DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON IF YOU LIKE IT!!
    You are awesome bro why didnt hash think of this...well he is rude haha and never replys :p this is just what iv been looking for ;) it would be cool if you would add your own boot animation or something to make it a bit more individual ;) but great work dude ;)

It has nothing to do with "hash not thinking of this". If you follow my work on any of the Kindle's -- I've never added anything which isn't supported by the CM base, as this would be sort of hard to get setup as an official CM device.

And even if I wasn't aiming at official support for the HDs... you're saying you want me to stop working on audio fixes, HDMI, otg support, deep sleep and 3d performance updates to add and maintain a tablet UI?

I do apologize if I don't respond to every message. I normally receive about 20-50 a day across the 12 devices that I work on and that's just XDA.

I think, this is a perfect mod for a ROM dev to make from the base CM sources (though, I would love to work with the SGT7 devs to get some of this merged into CM)

It gets the community involved and lets me continue to improve the underlying device functions.

Great work Jester6.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Changelog:

1.0 Initial release

1.1a Not released

rebased to Hascodes newest upload. (OC to 1500 default)
    dpi set to 178 default (resolves a lot of weirdness with tab ui)
    nova launcher beta 2.1 is now default, removed trebuchet (set desktop width margins to none, change grid size to your preference)
    changed boot anmimation
    tweaked some stuff for battery life

rebased to Hashcodes newest
    Ad blocking via hosts file
    Default kernel (1.2 Ghz) back for those of you having problems with OC
    Nova Launcher 2.1 Stable is default
    Moar battery life

Screenshots:

glMQQG6.png

4b2YkJs.png

UfrKExl.png

oykGPnR.png

ZbFv92q.png
    Well I didn't want to double post but since its been about a month since this thread was touched I thought I would. Just wanted to ask since I haven't seen jester on in a while are you updating this to the new cm10.1 update since hash code released a new version with the audio fix and other improvememts? I really personally want to flash the latest one to fix the audio problems I have with apps like Google music, but I don't want to goto base cm to do so. Just wondering if your still around.

I'm still here, been on vacation for the past few weeks and the kindle was at home. First day back is tuesday so if I feel up to it i'll rebase to hashcodes newest build tomorrow and get it out to you.
    I figured that would happen, damn Dropbox. I'll reupload it when I get home from work.