- Integrated downloader for the framework and new modules. You can search for new ones and will see when updates are available. See below for more comments on this.
- Restructured UI. There is now a welcome screen to give you a quick overview of your options. The tabs were not feasible anymore after adding downloader, settings and about screen.
- Support for Android 4.3. Note that the binaries for Android 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 are the same now. They are compiled against 4.1 and I tested them on 4.2.2 and 4.3, so I don't expect problems.
- More/updated translations. Thanks to all translators!
- M66B's fix for the binary is included (required for XPrivacy).
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission is declared now.
- More error output is shown when installing the framework.
- Avoid the toast message when updating apps while the framework is uninstalled (but the installer is still present).
- Fixed scaling issue for apps running in compatibility mode.
You can download it from http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk
. This URL will point to the latest stable version from now on, so you can link to it from your app that uses Xposed.
I have now also opened the module repository that feeds the builtin downloader: http://repo.xposed.info/
No login is required to browse and download modules. It currently contains the modules which were on the original repository by @pulser_g2
Uploading and updating modules is also very easy. Just log in via OpenID with your XDA account (thanks to @bitpushr
for making this possible!). This also makes sure that the author information is correct, i.e. you can be sure that modules uploaded by user @Tungstwenty
on that site are really by him and not by someone who took his name.
Changes/enhancements for developers:
- New method XSharedPreferences.makeWorldReadable(). You can use it in initZygote to restore world-readable permissions which can get lost due to permission "fix" scripts in some kernels or recoveries. You still have to use MODE_WORLD_READABLE when working with preferences in your UI.
- Hooks are disabled if instrumentation is enabled - these two can't work together.
- The layout inflation callback is no longer invoked if the layout couldn't be loaded.
- Replacing colors now also works when the color is used as a drawable (e.g. via android:background="@color/header"). Xposed automatically creates a ColorDrawable if the replacement for something retrieved by getDrawable() is an integer.
- The callMethod() helper now works for methods inherited from the superclass (but not declared in the subclass).
- returnConstant() with priority wasn't using it, now it is.
If you want to use any of this, please declare xposedminversion="30+" in your manifest (why such a high version?
). New API is attached to the first post.