[XAP] [v1.2] Interop Unlock for Samsung WP8 phones (+W10M support)

Search This thread

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
This app is an instruction to Interop unlock your Samsung WP8 phone. Of course, it must have DevUnlock already.

This method doesn't work on GDR3 (8.0.10512.xxx) and later FW! Registry editor was removed from Diagnosis.

Use MBN Creator to unlock recent versions.

Or special W10M version if you have W10M.

Sorry @GoodDayToDie , but I'm author of this unlock method too :p

Localization:
English and Russian @-W_O_L_F-
French @anaheiim
Polish @djtonka
Spanish @lomax50
Dutch @matgras

If you want to make a translation, post a translated resx.txt (in UTF-8 or Unicode) in this thread.

Attachments

• resx.txt
    927 bytes · Views: 3,779
  • Interop_Unlock_Helper_Debug_ARM.xap
    98.5 KB · Views: 8,248
  • InteropUnlocker_W10M.xap
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,032
Last edited:

tooly26

Mar 22, 2010
Can you tell me how I can get to the registry page in diag app please?(which codes I need).

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
Can you tell me how I can get to the registry page in diag app please?(which codes I need).

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
Registry page has no code. It can only be accessed with a native toast API. URI:
Code:
app://07a20ad9-a4f9-4de3-855f-dcda8c8cab39/_default#/WP8Diag;component/7_ETC/RegistryOperationsCheck.xaml

Reactions: p0macs

scrumpypaul

Jan 18, 2009
How do you go about Dev Unlocking your Windows Phone 8? I have just bought a Samsung Ativ S having used Nokia Lumia's for my last two phones - only thing I was really missing since I bought the Ativ was the Nokia apps, but if there's a chance to sideload them that could make the Ativ S really awesome!!!

Paul_Hammons

Jun 10, 2005
This doesn't work on the Sprint Ativ S Neo.
There is a "Diagnosis App", but there is not a ##MFG# code. You have to use #DATA# or other code to install it. Then within the Cronus_0711 App, ##MFG# still does not work. Some of the menus do and can be unlocked with the MSL. There is a ##DEBUG# menu that requires a "service code" to access and does not unlock with the PRL.

Your toast pops up, but it does not bring up the Diagnosis app when you click the toast.

Any ideas on how to do this on the Ativ S Neo?
-Paul

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
How do you go about Dev Unlocking your Windows Phone 8? I have just bought a Samsung Ativ S having used Nokia Lumia's for my last two phones - only thing I was really missing since I bought the Ativ was the Nokia apps, but if there's a chance to sideload them that could make the Ativ S really awesome!!!
You don't need unlock to do this. Read the PROXY thread there.

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
This doesn't work on the Sprint Ativ S Neo.
There is a "Diagnosis App", but there is not a ##MFG# code. You have to use #DATA# or other code to install it. Then within the Cronus_0711 App, ##MFG# still does not work. Some of the menus do and can be unlocked with the MSL. There is a ##DEBUG# menu that requires a "service code" to access and does not unlock with the PRL.

Your toast pops up, but it does not bring up the Diagnosis app when you click the toast.

Any ideas on how to do this on the Ativ S Neo?
-Paul
Do you have Diagnosis installed?

Paul_Hammons

Jun 10, 2005
Do you have Diagnosis installed?

Yes, Diagnosis is on my app list.
-Paul

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

-Paul

I pulls up a number pad that is titled "Cronus_0711" and ##MFG# does nothing. ##PRL#, ##MSL#, ##DATA# all work with the MSL. ##DEBUG# does work, but asks for a "Service Code" which does not work the the MSL.
-Paul

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
-Paul

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

I pulls up a number pad that is titled "Cronus_0711" and ##MFG# does nothing. ##PRL#, ##MSL#, ##DATA# all work with the MSL. ##DEBUG# does work, but asks for a "Service Code" which does not work the the MSL.
-Paul
I need diagnosis xap from your model. Is there ROM avaible?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Hey WOLF, nice job editing the native toast launcher app to include a full tutorial. Looks really slick!

Only (minor) caveats: the 10003 value is arbitrary, just something I tried. "Traditionally" we've used 2147483647 (0x7FFFFFFF) but any value of at least 300 should work. Also, at least on my phone, it reports "Failed!" when you try to write (but the write wroks anyhow). You may want to mention that in your instructions (I see you do recommend hitting Read to double-check). Or maybe my phone is just being weird.

By the way, for those who have been asking, here is the WP8Diag.xap file right off System32 in my phone.

Attachments

• WP8Diag_installinfo.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 653

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
@scrumpypaul: It's a very complex process.
1) Go to the forum page on which this thread is located.
2) Hit Ctrl+F.
3) Type "proxy" without the quotes.
4) Click on the highlighted link.
5) Read the resulting page and follow its instructions.

Seriously people, please make at least a *minimal* effort before posting! That wasn't even a search, properly speaking, it's like the sixth thread on the first page of this very forum!

Reactions: matgras

scrumpypaul

Jan 18, 2009
Okay, sorry - I found it just as you were posting though I do feel I did ask a valid question because it sounded in the response like I was being directed to a link.

noelito

Mar 26, 2009
this is so exciting and I have an ativ s too I feel lucky that this was the device I chose for windows phone 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app is an instruction to Interop unlock your Samsung WP8 phone. Of course, it must have DevUnlock already.

This method doesn't work on GDR3 (8.0.10512.xxx) and later FW! Registry editor was removed from Diagnosis.

Use MBN Creator to unlock recent versions.

Or special W10M version if you have W10M.

Sorry @GoodDayToDie , but I'm author of this unlock method too :p

Localization:
    English and Russian @-W_O_L_F-
    French @anaheiim
    Polish @djtonka
    Spanish @lomax50
    Dutch @matgras

If you want to make a translation, post a translated resx.txt (in UTF-8 or Unicode) in this thread.
    Great news! If you know how to replace apps on SD you can easy get Interop Unlock on Samsung. Replace any app with ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES with my app and... I'm sure you can manage how to use Interop Unlocker to achieve Interop Unlock :D

For those "Lumia guys": THIS IS SAMSUNG ONLY!
    Localized Beta!

This app has been localized into Russian (by me) and French (by @anaheiim).
    If everything will be fine, I move it to OP.

Changes:
    Removed ALL CAPs
    TextBoxes are now read only.
    Paul: Please install my webserver app (link is in my sig) and install and run it while your phone is on WiFi. Browse (on your PC) to http://192.168.0.15:9999/Filesystem?path=\Windows\System32 (replace the IP address with whatever your phone's IP is). Look for a file called "WP8Diag.xap" or anything like that. Download the XAP and post it here. Thanks!

Here is the WP8Diag.xap, zipped up and I put the license file in there too. Don't think ya needed it, but just in case.
    This is from the Sprint Ativ S Neo, thanks for anything you can do with it.

-Paul
    Ok, translate every line in this file.

If you are interested in the translation into Spanish, is in the attached file