[Q] Device not rooted.

Search This thread

_Fujitora_

Sep 2, 2013
Hello, i just got a Motorola Razr i a few days ago and i wanted to root it.
So i followed a guide to root my Razr i, i've done it over 10 times now and still my Device is not rooted but have root permission granted.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance.
I left a screen shot and the website, i just googled how to root motorola razr i and its like the 4th link the unlockr.com.

Attachments

• screenshot_0902224530.jpg
    screenshot_0902224530.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4,298
Last edited:

okaban

Feb 18, 2008
Cork
So i followed a guide to root my Razr i, i've done it over 10 times now and still my Device is not rooted but have root permission granted.
I left a screen shot and the website, i just googled how to root motorola razr i and its like the 4th link the unlockr.com.

How did you root it? if you used some "universal" rooter then the outcome is pretty expected. Our device structure is a "bit" different, so you should follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1928509 (Make sure you have read and understood everything, including unlocked bootloader)

On the other hand, if you did followed that guide and completed all the steps, it may be the case that your phone is rooted, but just it doesn't show itslef up. Just install any program that require root permissions (Titanium Backup, for instance) and launch it. If Superuser screen pops up asking for permission - you are done. If not - the link is above ;)

Reactions: _Fujitora_

_Fujitora_

Sep 2, 2013
On the other hand, if you did followed that guide and completed all the steps, it may be the case that your phone is rooted, but just it doesn't show itslef up. Just install any program that require root permissions (Titanium Backup, for instance) and launch it. If Superuser screen pops up asking for permission - you are done. If not - the link is above ;)

Okay thank you very much. I got Titanium Backup and then the superuser screen popped up, so i guess it is rooted :)

EDIT: But then how come i can't use any of the hack tool like Game Killer, GameCIH/2, Freedom and Game Guardian???
cause it says "deny root" or "Root privilege required".

Last edited:

okaban

Feb 18, 2008
Cork
Okay thank you very much. I got Titanium Backup and then the superuser screen popped up, so i guess it is rooted :)

EDIT: But then how come i can't use any of the hack tool like Game Killer, GameCIH/2, Freedom and Game Guardian???

I guess then it means it's not properly rooted, so go to the link. Don't forget to back your ROM up first!

Reactions: _Fujitora_

_Fujitora_

Sep 2, 2013
I guess then it means it's not properly rooted, so go to the link. Don't forget to back your ROM up first!

Okay so after i backup my rom. Then do i just install it or do i have to do a factory reset? And is this for JB 4.1.2?

Oh and can i install Omars rom after i root it?

Last edited:

Henning84

Apr 1, 2013
If you use Omars Rom you don't have to root. Just use cwm to install the Rom.

wayne int.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

So you only have to unlock the bootloader and install cwm. If you haven't done it.

wayne int.

_Fujitora_

Sep 2, 2013
If you use Omars Rom you don't have to root. Just use cwm to install the Rom.

wayne int.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

So you only have to unlock the bootloader and install cwm. If you haven't done it.

wayne int.

So i don't need to root it? just install Omar's ROM and it'll root by itself?

_Fujitora_

Sep 2, 2013
If you come from stockRom our an other Rom you have to wipe. You can find an how-to in Omars thread...

Okay does it matter which version of Omar's ROM i use?

EDIT: Okay i just installed the latest one and i still cant use GameKiller and GameCIH/2. Can you use any of them on your phone?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How did you root it? if you used some "universal" rooter then the outcome is pretty expected. Our device structure is a "bit" different, so you should follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1928509 (Make sure you have read and understood everything, including unlocked bootloader)

So i don't need to root it? just install Omar's ROM and it'll root by itself?

Yes.
    If you come from stockRom our an other Rom you have to wipe. You can find an how-to in Omars thread...

wayne int.
    No dunno what it is for... But may be it's not for razr I and Intel cpu ...

wayne int.