Tweaked VZW Remix

Search This thread

kevinyoki

Aug 29, 2013
I usually don't say anything to the developers but in this case I feel I must thank you. All these other roms like jedi x, jellybutter, etc. are too busy stuffing themselves full of fancy features (which some don't even work) that make the rom just as bloated as stock. Plus GPS actually works on this rom. So thanks again, for creating a simple, streamlined rom that just works.

Reactions: dukins

jackwagon06

Jan 12, 2013
Did it ad the Samsung account?

I cant figure out how to only choose a few. I installed the zip on tweaked and my keyboard woukd not pop up at all

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I did the same thing before I saw your results. However, when I flashed it in recovery, I did have the Samsung account option under add account. But like you, i lost the keyboard. Unzipping the apps and placing them in system apps, I cannot get the Sammy account. I use this account to sync snotes and would live this on this rom, which is excellent.

Now of course, my noob status is without question. Does anyone know how to also ad the Samsung account option? Thanks

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Anyone using LMT with this ROM? I can't seem to get it to function at all ... clean install of the ROM. Un-installed re-installed LMT and still no go. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

sshafranko

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Anyone using LMT with this ROM? I can't seem to get it to function at all ... clean install of the ROM. Un-installed re-installed LMT and still no go. Any ideas?

Yea im using it. Where did you get it from?

Anyway I just got mine working thanks to dwith. There is a lib file that goes along with the app. You need to extract the lib file and push into you system.

Not sure if this is your issue because I dont know where you got the app from.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
From the thread here on XDA ... Was running Beans prior so I didn't restore my TiBu b/u of LMT (it's a system app in Beans). So, I downloaded the apk and and first tried to restore data only without success. Wiped app data and still nothing. Uninstall/reinstall and still nothing! I mean, I can access the app settings and all, it's just after setting it up and starting the service I get nothing.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
From the thread here on XDA ... Was running Beans prior so I didn't restore my TiBu b/u of LMT (it's a system app in Beans). So, I downloaded the apk and and first tried to restore data only without success. Wiped app data and still nothing. Uninstall/reinstall and still nothing! I mean, I can access the app settings and all, it's just after setting it up and starting the service I get nothing.

You sure you set it up right? Try changing the gesture input

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Fairly confident that I set it up right. I am only using it for the pie feature ... But even during that setup something seems off. When you select the activation area, location, thickness and length, you typically get a little black bar that shows you where the activation area is and such. I don't even get that little black preview bar :( :what:
IDK, maybe I'll try wiping and flashing the ROM again. I'm at a complete loss ... Never ran into this before.

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry

Download the modicifinator from the tm thread. Extract the app and lib file from there and push it to your system. Thats what idid and its perfect. Thanks to Dwith

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Fairly confident that I set it up right. I am only using it for the pie feature ... But even during that setup something seems off. When you select the activation area, location, thickness and length, you typically get a little black bar that shows you where the activation area is and such. I don't even get that little black preview bar :( :what:
IDK, maybe I'll try wiping and flashing the ROM again. I'm at a complete loss ... Never ran into this before.

There's an option called set gesture input, mine works on 4 even though our phone is listed under 2.

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Lol sorry...ok if I send you the app and the lib file do you have root explorer to install them with?

I do ... Thanks for the assistance

Still going to try another clean install ... Just because LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

There's an option called set gesture input, mine works on 4 even though our phone is listed under 2.

Oh yeah, gotcha ... I messed with that too. Went from 4 to 2 back to 4 ... No love

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Ok...pm me if you need the files and ill send to you with directions on how to install. It takes 30 seconds in all.

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Ok...pm me if you need the files and ill send to you with directions on how to install. It takes 30 seconds in all.

Thanks, I may hit you up later. For now I'll have to restore a backup cause I have to hit the road in a bit.

No LMT is a deal breaker for me with this big ole phone LOL But this ROM is worth the fight, so I'll be back to try again.

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
If you all sort thisn please share with me all details... sounds like fodder for a tweaktools deployment.

Looking for stuff to "play with" at this point... no promises just yet. (Plus I have never gotten geeked up over alternate/secondary launchers.)

Pass me any other suggestions for "low hanging fruit" just to test scripts... proof of concept stuff on the GN2.

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
If you all sort thisn please share with me all details... sounds like fodder for a tweaktools deployment.

Looking for stuff to "play with" at this point... no promises just yet. (Plus I have never gotten geeked up over alternate/secondary launchers.)

Pass me any other suggestions for "low hanging fruit" just to test scripts... proof of concept stuff on the GN2.

This post has me confused in so many ways :what: :eek: LOL

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
This post has me confused in so many ways :what: :eek: LOL

Sorry I forget not everyone came from tweaked on the SCH-I510...

http://tweakedrom.com/TweakTools.php

Think of it like a quasi package management for tweaking tweaked...
With almost no adb/cli skills required... for the masses hunt and peck menu options.

No promises or timeline commitments just yet!

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Sorry I forget not everyone came from tweaked on the SCH-I510...

http://tweakedrom.com/TweakTools.php

Think of it like a quasi package management for tweaking tweaked...
With almost no adb/cli skills required... for the masses hunt and peck menu options.

No promises or timeline commitments just yet!

Cool man I miss tweak tools. Chanking themes on the fly etc.... Didnt realize how good I had it back than..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of Tweaked for the T-Mobile Note 2, and the update to their latest OTA. It was ported by taking the changes and merging them into the VZW firmware, not by just replacing a few files. I will continue to maintain this and update it with the T-Mobile version, and also with future VZW Updates. It is TouchWiz and based on the latest OTA, VRALL4VRAMC3. I'm also working with dwitherell on some changes, though he did most of the work. There is a laundry list of changes, so see the main thread for a full change list. I'll put some basic stuff here though.

[size=+2]Features[/size]
    • Deodexed
    • Debloated
    • Rooted
    • Busybox (compiled by me)
    • Hacked Mobile Hotspot to ignore provisioning (tether without the plan)
    • N7100 Boot and Shutdown animations/sounds
    • Change Clock Position and Display
    • Battery Icon/Number/Color/MIUI
    • Hide Status Bar Icons
    • All Apps in Multi-Window
    • Toggles that will blow your mind
    • NFC with screen off, lockscreen, or standard
    • Lockscreen changes
    • Chrome Replaces Browser
    • Some changes to Mms
    • Camera Modified to ignore the battery
    • APN Editor
    • Removed Wifi Nag and Non-VZW SIM Message
    • Removed Backup Assistent
    • Will always display "Normal" for device status
    • Reboot Options
    • Volume won't change when plugging in headphones

[size=+2]Known Issues[/size]
    Setup Wizard craps out on you. Just leave setup and things work fine.

[size=+2]To Do List[/size]
    Fix Setup Wizard
    Basic Aroma Options <-- Going a different route

There is more, and many of the things are available in the other ROMs posted here as well. Feel free to use whomever's ROM you want, I'm just posting this for some variety :) If you want screenshots, download and install it, then take them yourself. It will look different based on the options you set in TSM Parts for colors/transparency/icons/etc. and trying to get pictures of everything would take forever and take up bandwidth.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Tweaked VZW Remix, a ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    imnuts, dwitherell
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2013-11-12

Created 2013-07-30
    Last Updated 2013-12-20
    [size=+2]FAQ[/size]
    I'm getting a "Status 7" error when installing, WTF?
    Update recovery. The recovery that is flashed during unlock does not process asserts properly (was compiled for a different model Note 2). You need to update recovery to fix it. Once you update recovery, complain to AdamOutler who isn't keeping his recovery updated in the unlock packages.

I flashed the ROM, now I'm looping on the Samsung boot logo, why did you break my phone?
    If you read the title, this is a ROM. It is not a ROM+Kernel. If you weren't on a TouchWiz ROM beforehand and you are coming to this, you need to flash a kernel before going out of recovery. Otherwise, your phone isn't going to work.

Why is my phone not sleeping on the latest update?
    If you've installed the latest update, there is a new option for "no wake lag". If you check this option, your phone will not sleep. It keeps any "lag" from happening by keeping the phone from entering deep sleep. This doesn't affect battery life too much unless you are in a poor signal area. If you didn't check this option, it's time to start investigating.

Where is Aroma?
    I'm looking into it, but don't expect miracles when it does show up. Aroma is needlessly complex, and I don't want to deal with troubleshooting 500 different installation options and worrying about supporting them when I wouldn't use 99% of them. I'm going to make a couple changes for an upcoming release to give you some minor customization options, but nothing major.

What the hell is TSMParts (new option in Settings menu)?
    A huge slew of mods and tweaks originally put together by the original members of TSM and inspired by impressive works of numerous others - the TSMParts interface acts as a control for all of the customizable fun available. There are a large number of options there - so make sure to check them all out!

I set a statusbar icon to hide, but it's still there. What gives?
    The statusbar icon tweaks may require a little effort on your part for changes to take effect. All changes can be elicited with a reboot/hotboot, BUT for most there are other ways:
    -- Bluetooth/vibrate-silent/alarm icons/ime -- just change their state (on/off or vibrate/sound, etc)
    -- No sim -- if the notification is already active you will need to reboot/hotboot to hide it

How does this One Hand toggle work?
    The toggle, when on, forces ALL one-hand options to be selected. When off, it reverts the settings to WHATEVER they were before the toggle was turned on. This is still a work in progress, but it's a start. That being said - I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it :)

The toggles in the pulldown are suddenly a weird large size (width) - what gives?
    This happens sometimes (usually if auto-rotate is enabled) - all you need to do to "reset" the size of the toggles is enable auto-rotate, then go into an app that allows for rotation and ...well, rotate. Rotate back and check the pulldown - all should be well once again.

This is the best thing since sliced bread, can I make it rain?
    Since dwitherell did most of the hard work, it'd be great if you donated to him first. Otherwise, you can click the DONATE TO ME button to the left, or click here, it's appreciated, but not expected. Clicking thanks on the posts also works.

This thing is worse than Tub Girl, how do I go back to what I had before?
    Restore your phone from a backup. Didn't backup before you flashed? Guess you should have

I'm having a problem, FIX IT NAO!!!1!
    Send me the output from logcat as well as details of what you do when you see the problem. If you don't know how to get info from logcat, see here. If you still can't get the info, I guess you'll just have to deal with it.

Can we get XYZ feature added?
    Link to it, and I'll talk it over with dwitherell

Why don't you mention blah blah blah in your FAQ? It would have helped me a lot!
    My bad - PM me anything you think should be added to this that would be helpful for the general user base! :)
    [size=+2]Change Log[/size]
    Original Release

Update to bring it inline with Tweaked 1.4
    Updated Busybox
    Switch to koush's Superuser from SuperSU
    Update Google Apps with latest from the Play Store

Update to Tweaked 1.5
    Battery Icon Charging Animations and updated "stock" battery icons
    Added SSuggest/SuggestionService for more S-Pen functionality
    Android 4.2 Keyboard
    Updated Busybox
    Updated apps from Play Store

Scheduled Messaging
    Fixed Sound icon in the pull-down toggles
    Added stock Samsung Apps package
    Updated Busybox

Update with changes in Tweaked 1.6
    Fixed Font Linking
    Updated Busybox

Updated to VRAMC3 VZW OTA (4.1.2)
    Updated to Tweaked 2.0
    Updated Busybox
    Updated some other apps

Update to Tweaked 2.2
    Updated Busybox
    Updated Play Store Apps
    Updated/Changed some other stuff

Update to Tweaked 2.3
    Updated Busybox
    Updated Play Store Apps

Update to Tweaked 2.4
    Updated Busybox
    Updated Play Store Apps

Update to Tweaked 2.4.1
    Updated Busybox
    Updated Play Store Apps
    Fixed Hotspot Toggle long-press action
    Fixed long-press home lockscreen torch - Thanks dwith
    Fixed recovery error for kernel flashing

The UPDATE file will rename the SMS/MMS database files during the update
    Update to Tweaked 2.5
    Updated Busybox
    Updated Play Store Apps
    Replaced SecMMS with Hangouts
    If you want a dedicated Messaging app, use AOSP MMS
    Replaced Polaris Office with Quickoffice

[size=+2]Downloads[/size]
    4.1.2 Stock Samsung Apps

1112 Release
    1112 Update - Use to update from 906 to 1112
    1108 to 1112 Update - Use to update from 1108 to 1112
    NOTE: The SMS/MMS database files are renamed during the update, which will cause your text messages to disappear

0906 Release
    0906 Update - Use to update from 801 to 906

0801 Release
    0801 Update - Use to update from 718 to 801

0718 Release
    0718 Update - Use to update from 624 to 718

0624 Release
    0624 Update - Use to update from 604 to 624

0604 Release

4.1.1 Stock Samsung Apps

408 Release
    408 Update - Use to update from 403 to 408

403 Release
    403 Update - Use this to update from 320 to 403

320 Release
    320 Update - Use this to update from 303 to 320

303 Release
    303 Update - Use this if you're on the original release to update to the latest release (smaller download)

Original Release
    It is going to be a 6/24 build, but I sent it to the two people that have themes out for the ROM so they could get a head start so you wouldn't have to wait as long if you've themed your phone. I'll upload it when I get off work and get home.