This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.
All source code is available at github
This recovery if for the HTC Hero only, so NOT the Sprint Hero!!!
, if you have an :
- HTC Dream/G1 you should go here
- HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here
- HTC Sprint Hero you should go here
- HTC Eris you should go here
- HTC Tattoo you should go here
- HTC Nexus One you should go here
- HTC Evo 4G you should go here
- Make sure your battery is at least 30% before using nandroid!!
- Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
You can do this by doing :
- "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
- Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.
Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items.
You can also use the volume keys (vol-up + vol-down) to navigate, and the CALL-ANSWER key to select items (in case your trackball is broken).
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Busybox v1.15.3
- HW-Key navigation (volume keys + CALL-ANSWER) option
- Extended menu (with keyboard-shortcuts):
- Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
- USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
- Backup/Restore (recovery partition not included!)
- Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup
- Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
- Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
- BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
- BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup
- Bck Google files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
- Rst Google files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
- Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
- Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
- Wipe cache :: Wipe /cache only
- Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe /cache/dalvik-cache
- Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
- Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
- Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data
- Partition sdcard
- Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
- Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
- SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
- SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
- Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
- Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
- Power off :: Powers off your phone
- Scripts available via adb :
There are several ways to install a custom recovery, choose the one that suits you most (I probably forgot a few).
via adb -> Requires a custom recovery (with test-keys) like Cyanogen's v1.4 or my previous recovery
via fastboot + adb -> In case you don't have a custom recovery, so when you get signature fail errors
Copy recovery-RA-hero-v188.8.131.52.img to the root of your sdcard
Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME)
Connect your Hero via usb to your pc/mac/...
$su (not required if you have root already)
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v184.108.40.206.img
adb shell reboot bootloader
fastboot boot recovery-RA-hero-v220.127.116.11.img
adb shell mount /sdcard
adb push recovery-RA-hero-v18.104.22.168.img /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v22.214.171.124.img
adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v126.96.36.199.img
adb shell reboot
Only flash recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img if you have a 32A Sapphire with 6.35.x.x radio and 1.76.x SPL, recovery-RA-hero-v188.8.131.52.img will NOT boot! I'll create a new Sapphire version soon.
- ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
- Fixed some minor bugs
- Recovery and scripts use /sd-ext instead of /system/sd as mountpoint to support the new apps2sd method (implemented mostly by Chris Soyars)
- Added an option to backup/restore Google proprietary Android system files (backuptool.sh written by Cyanogen)
- Removed "move apps2sd"-option as it's not needed anymore with the new apps2sd method
- Updated BART to v1.3.1 (updated by Dumfuq to support /sd-ext)
- Added a wipe cache only option
- Nandroid now backups/restores /cache again by default
- Dalvik-cache wipes /cache/dalvik-cache now
- Removed SDCARD: prefix in output when chosing zip to flash
- Updated kernel to fully support ext4
Special thanks to :
- Added power off menu item
- New unyaffs binary patched by Koushik Dutta and Packetlss to fix the "losing root"-issue and incorrect file-time after a Nandroid restore
- New dump_image binary (by Brainaid) patched by Packetlss to fix the "bad blocks"- Nandroid restore issue.
(This will not fix old corrupted Nandroid backups! Please make new backups!!)
- New mkyaffs2image binary
- New flash_image binary
- Updated busybox to v1.5.3
- Nandroid menu options will NOT backup or restore recovery, cache, misc, splash1+2 (to avoid issues)
- Fixed wipe option not wiping when ext was not present
- Created carebear versions after the idea of packetlss
- Switched the Nexus logo to a Green Carebear with Nexus One logo (Thanks Montalbert!)
- packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
- Koushik Dutta for the unyaffs binary code fix and help ^^
- pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
- Bkmo for his utility script!
- Devsk for his switchrom script!
- 51dusty for his sdparted script!
- k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
- Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART
- Androidappcritics for the reboot idea in BART
- rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
- MLIGN for the idea to port my recovery to the Dream.
- http://theunlockr.com for all the awesome video’s ^^
- JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate