[ROM][AOKP 4.4.x//kitkat][FLO] UNOFFICIAL Android Open Kang Project for Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi

Search This thread

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
[ROM][AOKP 4.4.x//kitkat][FLO] UNOFFICIAL Android Open Kang Project for Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi

83.png

Device: FLO // Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi

Welcome to AOKP for the FLO aka Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi!
These are UNofficial builds (pure AOKP with some cherry-picks of open commits for now) maintained by scar45.

This ROM is tested and working great. More information to come.

Many thanks to @rohan32 for his assistance with bringing AOKP to this device!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
  • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
  • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
  • Reboot
78.png

» The latest Changelog is always found on the Download site by clicking on the "Changelog »" link.

80.png

» Downloads are found at aokp.co/unofficial-builds »
* Be sure to download ROMs that are ONLY for "//ASUS/FLO"

82.png

» SOURCE on AOKP.co
» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github

Enjoy!

.end OP

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Kang Project, a ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
scar45, rohan32
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: GAPPS for Android 4.4 (kitkat) (on ROM Download page)
Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2013-09-13
Last Updated 2014-03-22

spartacus279

Jun 1, 2012
New York
this look really nice , I will try and flash this very soon!! Also do I need to do a full factory reset if I'm coming from cm10.2?

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
@scar45 could you provide a mirror please?
Downloads at < 30 kbps on the current server. :(

EDIT: Download fails at 20mb

Can you try the zip file from 09-12? I just downloaded them both and it appears that the 09-13 zip file is corrupt.

But to be honest, there's absolutely no difference between them. I'll fix that up as soon as I get a chance. Sorry!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: TheDarkDefender

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Can you try the zip file from 09-12? I just downloaded them both and it appears that the 09-13 zip file is corrupt.

But to be honest, there's absolutely no difference between them. I'll fix that up as soon as I get a chance. Sorry!

ok cool. no problem. trying that out. I badly wanted to try out steve spear's custom system animations,lol. Savvy. :)

thanks for the builds,George. :)

EDIT : The other one also fails halfway through.. damn.

Last edited:

mssam

Feb 10, 2012
Thanks! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
EDIT : The other one also fails halfway through.. damn.

Damn, I'm so sorry about that :( I know you want to download and try out this build ASAP!

I am trying to download it now after arriving at work, but our connection here isn't the greatest. I'll edit this post after checking the validity of the file once it finishes downloading. Also, which browser + device are you using to download?

Teething problems with my hosting box, but I'm sure I'll fix them up soon. Failing that, I think I can provide an alternate link that bypasses the download count tracker (which may be the cause of this). If anyone else can comment on whether or not it worked for them, that'd be great too.

Stay tuned, and sorry again folks!

Reactions: TheDarkDefender

mssam

Feb 10, 2012
I had no problems flashing the 9/13 build. DL worked fine and it installed with no problems. Just installed it...

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Damn, I'm so sorry about that :( I know you want to download and try out this build ASAP!

I am trying to download it now after arriving at work, but our connection here isn't the greatest. I'll edit this post after checking the validity of the file once it finishes downloading. Also, which browser + device are you using to download?

Teething problems with my hosting box, but I'm sure I'll fix them up soon. Failing that, I think I can provide an alternate link that bypasses the download count tracker (which may be the cause of this). If anyone else can comment on whether or not it worked for them, that'd be great too.

Stay tuned, and sorry again folks!

No problem.

I tried out on my n4,n7 and my pc. All on chrome browser. Will try Firefox now.
I've tried downloading like ten times. Desperate, lol.

Could you upload it on mediafire please?

Sent from my Nexus 4

mssam

Feb 10, 2012
Yeah, using Chrome on the tablet didn't work for me. I used Dolphin...

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
I just downloaded on Chrome(desktop) just fine, it did warn me the Zip might be dangerous and suggested I discard it. Maybe it was something wrong with your Antivirus and it deleted the file thinking it is a Virus?
Naah..nothing of that sort.. I have no idea. Its definitely not my internet. I've been downloading and crack-flashing a lot today.
Got it to work on Dolphin. Thanks though. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

83.png

Device: FLO // Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi

Welcome to AOKP for the FLO aka Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi!
    These are UNofficial builds (pure AOKP with some cherry-picks of open commits for now) maintained by scar45.

This ROM is tested and working great. More information to come.

Many thanks to @rohan32 for his assistance with bringing AOKP to this device!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

» The latest Changelog is always found on the Download site by clicking on the "Changelog »" link.

80.png

» Downloads are found at aokp.co/unofficial-builds »
    * Be sure to download ROMs that are ONLY for "//ASUS/FLO"

82.png

» SOURCE on AOKP.co
    » AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github

Enjoy!

.end OP

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project, a ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    scar45, rohan32
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: GAPPS for Android 4.4 (kitkat) (on ROM Download page)
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2013-09-13
    Last Updated 2014-03-22
    Super quick update to let you guys/gals know that we're siding on removing CAF and moving back to a pure AOSP kernel. It requires some work still (many thanks in part to @kecinzer), but I'll keep updating at any chance I get!
    Hey all! Apologies for the delay, however we've finally got a first build up with a de-CAF/stock AOSP kernel! Many thanks to @kecinzer for working on this too.

**NOTE** - I have not tested this build, but I wanted to put it out there ASAP to get some feedback. I'll be trying it soon, but in the meantime, make sure you take a Nandroid backup!

The 10-16 build is available at the usual spot: http://aokp.co/unofficial-builds.

Please do as much testing as you can, especially those with Slimport adapters (I don't own one myself). Cheers! :D
    do I need to do a full factory reset if I'm coming from cm10.2?

Yep! You probably should (per the Installation section in the OP).

I'll update the OP with more info soon...

Hitting the "Thanks" button is also recommended (and appreciated)! ;)

Hey all,

Just a quick note to let you know that we're looking into the CAF vs. non-CAF kernel switch. I'll keep you updated for sure.

In terms of a next unofficial build, I hope to do one soon, and it will (as usual) contain the latest Gerrit commits, and anything else that I can throw in there.

Things have been busy, but I'll do my best to post an update as soon as there's news! :)