• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hlt4668

Dec 6, 2011
raleigh, nc
Good morning, in the latest nightly is a bug in it . Whether I position the date in the middle or right after a wake from sleep mode, the date is gone. Is there already a solution ?

Otherwise, thanks for this amazing ROM :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

How can you enable date? All I see is the clock

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: moskito-hd2

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire

i guess he was/is talking about a "date" and now is gone ... his fault anyway , the previous girlfriend has told him already ... " leave the god damn dog at home when you have a date ! "

moskito-hd2

May 8, 2010
AM - Germany

yes, you are right, I am talking about the clock, sorry, my mistake ;)

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Yes you are right, I am talking about the clock ;)

Reactions: hlt4668

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Hi, oh, im not talking about a widget im talking about the "statusbar"
Under Settings/Vanir Customizations/Statusbar mods ...

:D:D :good:

Do you mean like this ? With date in the statusbar

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379156705200.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379156705200.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: franck811

MaxFTW

May 16, 2012
Łódź
OMG, I am coming from PA with FK and when firstly flashed this ROM like 20 mins ago I was like "Sh*t, it's so fast!". I am fan of such a speed...

Respect for the ROM!

Reactions: Goku80

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
yes, the white "time" in the Statusbar but yours is blue :D :D
and in the Vanir ROM there is no date included :rolleyes:

so I think, you are on Carbon ROM.... :D :D

Once upon a white time ...

sent from my Darkside of Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379170145984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379170145984.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 270

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
yes, the white "time" in the Statusbar but yours is blue :D :D
and in the Vanir ROM there is no date included :rolleyes:

so I think, you are on Carbon ROM.... :D :D

Ding ding, you have guessed the correct answer!! :)

I'm on Carbon for a bit, aosp browser fcs are too much for me on vanir so i'm not on this rom atm. I submitted a log a while ago through bug tracker but, still fcs, so im on carbon

Reactions: moskito-hd2

canveen

Jan 19, 2013
Bangalore
I've been following this thread for a few days now. Finally found the time to flash the ROM and first impression....that's an awesome boot screen animation!!! :D

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Sorry for my lack of activity,

Been coding this app like crazy.

To make it all up for you folks, I have a beta of 0.1.8.0 on my server. I worked really, really hard on this update. Not everything works, but it's definitely beyond stable. Lots of really cool stuff added.

Changelog:
Code:
0.1.8.0b:
** BETA RELEASE** 
New logo!
Adjusted SplashScreen timing
Added an 'About' Menu options that has a ViewPager in it
Proper up navigation for the 'About' section
Minor UI adjustments
DrawerLayout adjustments
Various theme adjustments
(Huge derp on my end), add ThemeUtils to all classes and fragments
Suppress any warnings and removed any unused imports
Proper back navigation for Preferences
Fix the force-close when hitting the back button twice to exit the app
New SplashScreen
Just run the SplashScreen once.. kinda gets annoying
Actually, let's just remove the Splashscreen for now.
Set the default theme back to Holo Light
Changelog popup with each new version is back
Theming *should* stick now
Switched to PagerSlidingTabStrip (Thanks to the developer for providing this library)
Added showCaseViews in various sections of the application
Elegant new way of checking the applications version
Made some manual changes to the showCaseView Library
Nevermind about showCaseView, was being difficult.
Temporarily override some default theme settings
Switched to using KeyEvent with a timestamp, in regards to users hitting back twice to exit the app
Unbroke the themes
Add a custom Menu for the PagerTab menu
Adjusted the MenuDrawers listArray as-per Dave Kesslers request
Can confirm the FC on pressing 'back' twice is fixed!
View an XML changelog of the app. Find it in the new 'about' menu

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Sorry for my lack of activity,

Been coding this app like crazy.

To make it all up for you folks, I have a beta of 0.1.8.0 on my server. I worked really, really hard on this update. Not everything works, but it's definitely beyond stable. Lots of really cool stuff added.

Package error on that.. o well, looks like I have time to try this carbon rom all are saying is good.

I think your trying to do too much at the moment.. hopefully you will get all your stuff sorted soon.

Good luck, TrOjAn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features:

-Halo 2.0
    -Android 4.4.2_r2
    -Custom toolchains, -O3, OptiPNG, bionic, krait, and dalvik performance commits, -fstrict-aliasing, custom CFLAGS, and MORE!
    -Tablet statusbar split
    -Compiled with a custom GCC 4.8
    -Intelligent DPI updater
    -Battery saver mode
    -Way, way more

** CAF-Based **

------------------------

Nightlies:

VanirAOSP:
    http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/

Commotio:
    http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/

------------------------

GApps:

DHO
    http://www.emccann.net/dho/5-Gapps/

ParanoidAndroid:
    http://paranoidandroid.co/gapps/
    (http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=7988)
    (http://www.mediafire.com/folder/gxxxpkbcke4yi/PA_GApps_-_Official_Releases)

BanKs:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10306

------------------------

Credits:
    mathkid95 (for the kernel) (http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/orig-development/kernel-matr1x-v12-5-kk-4-4-t2007231)
    ParanoidAndroid
    CyanogenMod
    Google
    GitHub
    Carbon
    PeterAlfonso
    ANYONE who has contributed to the ROM

------------------------

VanirAOSP Google Plus Community:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/111378032131473754160

GPL:
    https://github.com/mathkid95/

Nothing personal or anything.

Just need a break. Vanir nightlies are still available via Nukes and DHOs server. So you guys will still get nightlies.

Simple as that. I want to be left alone so I can learn and prosper on my own. I need to stop obsessing over getting builds out, because it has actually screwed me over in the past. And that is obviously my fault, which, in return, is a huge, huge mistake. I really only have one shot at college, because my whole life and career really does depend on school. This needs to stop feeling like a job and become a hobby again. I'm actually a developer for SpiderFly Studios, which is absolutely amazing, and it turns out there is a definite chance of profit for me, too. Now I'm not complaining about doing this for free, because I haven't truly contributed to Vanir, or made an effort to, in months. That's why I always shake off your guys' 'thank you's . Because they aren't deserved. Seriously. Literally anyone in here could've done what I did.

The PA team, the Vanir team, the Slim team, the Omni team, (etc), they all do this for free (with donations being an exception).

Users, myself included even, sometimes forget to give our thank you's where deserved. Money says that over 80% of the developers who make these ROMs truly amazing don't have an account here, or aren't very public. They're the true heroes, and quite often the forgotten ones. I mean, look at me. I'm pretty useless, and I get people who view me as this like, amazing person. Which I'm really not. And maybe I'm wrong and my ego has somehow inflated, and I look stupid saying that, but take away from this little piece that I shouldn't get any 'thank yous' from anyone, besides maybe for my few apps I've made. Thats it.

Please, please don't forget to remember those who really put in all the work, all the discussions and the strenuous efforts put in by @PrimeDirective and @DHO and Eric McCann (NuclearMistake: https://github.com/nuclearmistake), because those guys are the ones who make this ROM what it is, as well as they various sources they cherry-pick from, or originally fork the repository (repositories) from. They made it what it is today, and I was given the opportunity to be the official maintainer for your guys' phone, in hopes that I'd actually contribute and help out from a developmental standpoint. And yet, I really didn't. That is my mistake, and that is my bad for taking advantage of this ROMs 'popularity'. Because, behind closed doors, these aforementioned guys made, and continue to make it happen. (again, as well as anyone who contributes and blah blah blah).

Don't forget to say your 'thank you's where deserved. Donations? They really don't mean ish. (not cussing). Yeah, theyre cool and all. But obviously these guys LOVE to do what they do, and I do too. I have tossed around the idea of using my (and I say this loosely) 'popularity' and 'community-wide trustworthiness' to get others to donate to him, and their team. And Dave (Prime) repeatedly told me not to. Why? Because they love what they do, and they love you guys. And no, this is not some sort of subliminal stab at CM. Theyre geniuses, if anything. They making freaking millions right now. Let's not get that involved whatsoever in any followup responses, if any, I get.

Hopefully you guys can take away something from this, and I hope I havent made myself look foolish. Sometimes, we all just need a break.

That's what I need. I want to get better at this, and I really do need to stfu about my stupid freaking apps. Theyre not special and its probably REALLY annoying seeing me practically shove my useless apps down others throats. You guys are an amazing, intelligent group of people who are extremely supportive, mellow, free-thinking, and generally fun. Let's all keep it that way, yeah? We all rooted our phones because we were on a desperate search for something beyond Android. And that's what these (or us, I guess) developers STRIDE for. They live and breathe making everything better, faster, smarter, and more useful in everyday life. Whether it be the simple genius and beauty of HALO, or the reinvention of an innovated way to navigate, that we call PIE. That's what makes Android truly unique. We all come together as a community, and sometimes we argue, but that's okay. That's part of a healthy relationship of ANY sort. It'd be unhealthy if people didnt go toe-to-toe sometimes. However, that isn't my point.

To finally close on my little tirade of words, let us all agree to not forget about the developers who don't get as much credit as they should. Let's all agree to sometimes disagree, and not have little stupid arguments I tend to see literally wherever I go on this site. And yeah, theyre sometimes provoked, but let's try and have a sense of humor sometimes. Different people allllll over the world come here, and English is a hard language, although it is my primary and only spoken language, i'm sure it's crazy difficult for someone from say, India, who may not understand 'english / american humor' to sometimes pick up on it, and vice versa. We're all people with a passion for Android. (an improved android). Let's all remember that at the end of the day, respect one another, no matter what. When all is said and done, we're just humans.

I respect all of you and humbly thank you for always giving me a smile at the end of the day when I came on here to check the comments.

- Kyler

edit: grammar
    Just going to put this here.

I'm honestly baffled at the fact that people who have never physically known me, yet alone talked to me, have so many negative and malicious things to say to, and about me. I can understand disliking a person who has actually made you upset or offended you, but to simply make fun of someone just because you heard something that hasn't been confirmed true or false, just isn't something that should be done in my opinion. It's the internet, and there will be people who do this for fun, yes. And it really doesn't bother me. But it still sucks that people have turned some developer friends of mine against me. Especially when the things said about me weren't true. I just can't wrap my head around it.

First of all. It's open-source. That in itself, speaks for itself. We all do this for fun, even if it is compiling nightlies that you (me in this case), haven't contributed jack to. That really shouldn't be a factor or a motive to make fun of me for. I'm still learning. I'm not arrogant, I don't steal credit from anyone, and it makes me very uncomfortable to begin to think of calling myself a developer, let alone be called one by someone. Because in the grand scheme of all things that is Android, I'm an absolute nobody. I give credit to and for those that help me, and I have gone out of my way several, several times to help others. I've been called an attention whore, a douche, and a plethora of other words I probably shouldn't say here.

Each accusation lacks a body, lacks legitimate proof, and, to be honest, is quite silly and eccentric. I don't go around and like, tell other people how cool I am or what I've made, or the personal statistics I have, simply because someone doesn't do that. Or shouldn't, at least. It does upset me to a point that people dislike me. Regardless of whether or not it's the internet. You, as people, really shouldn't immediately agree to things you hear. Regardless of how respected or intelligent the person is. You just become a follower. Don't follow. Create your own opinions based off of first-hand experiences, and please, factor logic into those opinions. I'm a mere 18 years old. I'm going to a school that specializes in the technological field, and am doing whatever I can to help with the limited knowledge I have.

Making fun of me and saying horrible things to me doesn't help me, and it doesn't help anyone. If you're going to call someone a fake, don't do it because some guy says I am. Instead, talk to me and ASK me questions, or at least know a little about me before jumping to these ridiculous opinions about me that really aren't true.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, because I am the farthest from it. I'm really just a nobody that kinda got lucky here and somehow earned respect of most of the people around me. To get back on a relevant point though, just... don't give into rumors. Those are stupid.

As I've said. I'm all about the community. I may have said some immature stuff and maybe made some dumb decisions here, but those shouldn't be the sole factor of judgment. I give about 98% of all donations back to the community, and I have spent hours and hours here simply helping people, writing guides, and communicating with others about a multitude of miscellaneous topics, and on topic of that, continue to offer ANYBODY an FTP server with unlimited everything, and/or their own subdomain, for free.

To conclude, it is too easy to make fun of someone. We all have very obvious flaws, and to attack people on those simply shows a lack of thought, or knowledge. So please, don't give into rumors, eccentric and malicious opinions, and don't hate on somebody simply for the fun of it. Yes, it is the internet, where you can atypically remain anonymous, or pretend to be someone you're not, it still shows a flaw in character and maturity.

Sorry for this post.
    New build is up!

OP got messed up so I lazily fixed it.

Hit that 'thanks' button.

Help me get to 20k!! For every 'thanks' pressed, I get a dollar. ;D

Hahahaha but seriously. Enjoy!