Or Continue to Thread: [Feature][ROM][4.3/4.4] Active…
Find Your Device:
19th September 2013, 05:23 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,049

459 posts
Donate to Me
More
Now for the important stuff that developers may be interested in. Since ChameleonOS is an open source project this feature is available for other developers to pick and incorporate into other ROMs. If you want to incorporate this you'll need to grab a few commits from our frameworks base and Settings projects.

From android_frameworks_base you'll want to pick the following commits [4.3]:From android_frameworks_base you'll want to pick the following commits [4.4]:
And from Settings you'll want to pick these commits:
*Note: ChameleonOS started out by using CyanogenMod as a base so some dependencies may exist which would need to be resolved when incorporating this into other ROMs. Feel free to contact me if you encounter any problems and you can't figure out the resolution.

**UPDATE**
For those that are using a 4.3 or 4.4 based ROM that does not have Active Display integrated, I've managed to develop a stand alone application that adds the functionality of Active Display. There is an ad supported version as well as a paid version for those that like to support independent developers.
Active Display (ad supported)
Active Display w/o ads
Last edited by 0xD34D; 31st December 2013 at 05:03 AM.
The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to 0xD34D For This Useful Post: [ View ]