[ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Egrier

Jun 4, 2009
Hiawatha, KS
[*]Firmware (Optional): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490004040 (Doesn't overwrite kernel and recovery)

OPTIONAL: Installing the Firmware (Warning: You MUST be S-OFF and Super CID to flash this! Flash at own risk!)
  • Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader if "USB Debugging" is enabled in Android)
  • Run: fastboot oem rebootRUU
  • Run: fastboot flash zip <PathToFirmware.zip>
  • If the output ends with "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)", run the previous command AGAIN
  • If it ends with "INFO..... OK", reboot to the bootloader: fastboot reboot-bootloader
  • Verify everything was successful by running: fastboot getvar all
  • Reboot into Android: fastboot reboot or into recovery: fastboot reboot-recovery

• This is the correct firmware along with the instructions.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Macguyver1980

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
The firmware is comprised of the hboot and baseband and possibly something else but I can't remember right now.

From carl1961 in his ROM thread, the firmware contains:

radio.img
wcnss.img (wifi)
adsp.img Advanced Digital Signal Processor: Sound, Video, etc (thanks exad for identifying)
stock boot.img

Of course, boot.img is a bit moot, as it will be flashed whenever a new ROM is flashed.

Gun Bunny

Aug 14, 2011
I am not getting any touch sounds or vibration unless it is app driven, is just me or is everyone the same. Is there any fix?

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
I am not getting any touch sounds or vibration unless it is app driven, is just me or is everyone the same. Is there any fix?

Do you have power saver mode on? Everything works fine here.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Scrosler, you seriously need to put a huge banner in the OP about the whole upgrading firmware thing and the problems that will be solved once you do so. It would've prevented half the posts on here about the signal and reboot problems lol.

Sent from the depths of Hell.

The download banner needs to be a sign that says this lol

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 4

Gun Bunny

Aug 14, 2011
Yes to both, seems on all the 4.2.2 roms I have tried I have the same effect. I do get vibration on the capacitive buttons but not the screen unless I am within an app.

Gun Bunny

Aug 14, 2011
Even though I have these checked, they don't seem to work for me. They worked on Ice cream and 4.1.

Attachments

• 1380602010837.jpg
    1380602010837.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 162

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
Even though I have these checked, they don't seem to work for me. They worked on Ice cream and 4.1.

After having been on 4.0.4 until a few days ago I did notice that the touch sounds were much quieter than what I was hearing previously. It also seems like the vibrate on touch doesn't work in all the areas it did before. I'm half tempted to restore back to 4.0.4 to verify it but I think it's pretty accurate to say there were some changes made going to 4.2.2. For touch sounds I've noticed that if "Ringtone & notifications" volume isn't turned up all the way (even then) it's hard to hear. I ended up swapping out some audio files in system/media/audio/ui. Effect_Tick.ogg is the touch sound and I also replaced the keyboard sounds using files from my N4 on 4.3. Maybe the audio files will help, it seemed to do the trick for me. Granted, the touch sounds are still dim compared to ICS. If you use the audio files remember to correct the permissions and I wiped cache and dalvik.

Attachments

• audio.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 3

BoosterSilver

May 8, 2012
Nvidia Shield
When the US ATT update comes out and the next CleanROM is made using that as a base, is it likely that I'll have to do another factory reset then coming from this one? I know it's only conjecture at this point. I'm just curious as to whether I should go ahead and set up my phone with this or wait for a CleanROM with an actual US base. I'm on CR6.5 now.

slippers67

Nov 8, 2010
When the US ATT update comes out and the next CleanROM is made using that as a base, is it likely that I'll have to do another factory reset then coming from this one? I know it's only conjecture at this point. I'm just curious as to whether I should go ahead and set up my phone with this or wait for a CleanROM with an actual US base. I'm on CR6.5 now.

The AT&T releases are generally gimped. Tethering is usually disabled and linkify is broken. There is no reason to use the AT&T release over one of the others when Scott has added the APN.

louslugger15

Apr 17, 2011
Even though this base is not an AT&T base, the play store will not let me download the pdanet app. It says not allowed from my carrier. Anybody else have a similar issue and is there a work around?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Even though this base is not an AT&T base, the play store will not let me download the pdanet app. It says not allowed from my carrier. Anybody else have a similar issue and is there a work around?

Sideload it, just Google pdanet.apk, I'm sure it'll be out there somewhere.

Sent from my Evita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

CR-7-HOX.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM look and feel, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest T Mobile 5.08.111.2 OTA which is Android 4.2.2 infused with AT&T settings!
    • This ROM has no themes and is true to stock in looks!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • CleanROM is the longest running ROM series for the HTC One X!

features.png

• Android 4.2.2
    • Sense 5
    • Very Light Build
    • AOSP Recent's
    • Option For Minor Tiles
    • All Apps up to date
    • Busybox!
    • ADB as root!
    • System partition writable!

changes.png

Version 7.0R2- 12/13/2013
    • Re-compressed and update all files
    • Removed Auto and Stocks

installation.png

• Must have TWRP Recovery installed with unlocked bootloader! CWM Recovery not supported!
    • Highly recommend latest Jellybean firmware and S-Off!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

• All Users, Testers and Donaters! Thanks for your support!
    • All the Admins at www.scottsroms.com!
    • Turge for the base ROM to work with! Please check out that thread and hit that Thanks button too! I cant make this ROM with out his base! Firmware is also there so you have to go to that thread ;)

Donations are gladly accepted! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    [/CENTER]
    Minor Tiles Attached!
    Well guys, I have opted to discontinue development on this device.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, made mods, etc.

I consider this ROM community goods and if you would like to continue to use it as a base for your own ROM then by all means feel free to.

I just ask that you give appropriate credit.

Thank you!

-Scott
    Now lets get back to ROM talk!

And thanks to Kennethpenn, Red5 and The_Scotsman! You guys rock and I dont ency your jobs.

And thanks to all the users who convinced me to stay! I do this for you!
    Guys, I dont normally ask this in a thread....

But lets try to get me to 8K thanks today. Would mean a lot me!

And we only need about 18 more 5 star thread votes if you think the work produced is worth it!

Thanks!