[ROM/MOD] 4.4.2 ~ Kitkat ~ AoCP 7.2 ~ The Collective ~ FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
I think it is my battery that is giving me horrible battery life. No wake locks yet my battery is at 52 from 62 with only 18 mins of screen on time and 1.5 hrs of idling. I might need to get a new battery. Know of any local stores that carry batteries for this phone?

crt60

Jan 31, 2008
St. Louis
I think it is my battery that is giving me horrible battery life. No wake locks yet my battery is at 52 from 62 with only 18 mins of screen on time and 1.5 hrs of idling. I might need to get a new battery. Know of any local stores that carry batteries for this phone?

Nothing I know of local, I usually get them off eBay. Though I would get genuine Samsung, I've had a couple of those cheap $5 batteries go bad in a week.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

adrock74

Feb 24, 2012
Newburgh
I had a small issue where the phone was at 0% deep sleep, but rebooting fixed the issue. However, I am down to 80% with just 10 minutes of screen on time. I will give it a few more charge cycles for it to set-in.

I had this same issue as well, but after a day or so it went away. Battery life is excellent. W/ AJK 4.9.

samprocat

Jul 1, 2012
Lincoln
When you do full wipe. ...and fresh install. ...do this old trick....wipe dalvic cache before first boot. ...then fully charge .....and wipe battery stats...via recovery or some type of app....then don't charge till is below 5%...
Then charge full without interrupt

Success is never final
Failure is fatal

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
When you do full wipe. ...and fresh install. ...do this old trick....wipe dalvic cache before first boot. ...then fully charge .....and wipe battery stats...via recovery or some type of app....then don't charge till is below 5%...
Then charge full without interrupt

Success is never final
Failure is fatal

Already installed Rom but I will wipe dalvik and charge to 100. I am going to be staying on the built in kernel of this Rom for a day or so to compare battery life. Oddly enough, stock cm kernel is giving me better battery life than the ajk one. Weird.

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Try...I did and AJK is still better on battery

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Everyone's mileage varies, and for me, AJK is not better on battery life as far as I have experienced.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

I had this same issue as well, but after a day or so it went away. Battery life is excellent. W/ AJK 4.9.

For me, the stock cm kernel gives me exceptional battery life. I listened to music for almost an hr and the battery only dropped by 1%.

fezzy102

Nov 17, 2010
harrisburg,pa
Google Pixel 4 XL
I LOVED this ROM when I tried it out a couple of weeks ago but it looks like absolute **** to my eyes and most themes do as well. So unfortunate for people like me who are die hard holo fans. Besides that, nice job with this ROM!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Please do not talk trash in this thread or anybody else's thread about there ROMs or the color of them . your getting a free product of hours of hard work. Respect the devs and people who contribute to all ROMs and themes and everything else that your using on xda. I'm just saying .:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
Speaking of colors, orange is perfect for this time of year but it looks like there are options to change a few but not all colors in status bar etc. Is it correct that not all can be changed? Would be fun if I could. :)

P.s. finding this ROM creamy smooth. Love it!

Edit: Oh for crying out loud! I wanted to restore some system data and I thought I only restored stuff that didn't matter but I was wrong. Broke it and had to revert to my backup after spending an hour resetting up the whole thing and really loving it. Dumb!!!! When people say don't restore system data (especially from 4.2 to 4.3) you're really stupid if you do it anyway.:(

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mpkothari

Oct 1, 2011
East Hanover, NJ
Please do not talk trash in this thread or anybody else's thread about there ROMs or the color of them . your getting a free product of hours of hard work. Respect the devs and people who contribute to all ROMs and themes and everything else that your using on xda. I'm just saying .:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

Oh come on dude, you gotta be kidding me. I clearly state and emphasize how much I love the ROM and find it responsive and probably the best AOSP ROM in terms of stability and performance. I also clearly state how it doesn't look appealing "to my eyes." I respect the devs and themers for their hard work and time but can't find similar taste in colors and icons. I understand it's part of product differentiation though. Keep up the good work anyway AoCP. My apologies for off topic tangents.

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Excellent ROM and I get amazing battery life. Yesterday I got 15 hrs of uptime on this ROM with about 3.5 hrs of screen on time on the stock kernel! Keep up the amazing work AoCP!!!

Reactions: crt60 and fezzy102

adrock74

Feb 24, 2012
Newburgh
Just curious, is the AJ kernel in the op specifically for this ROM? I'm using ajk 4.9 and all is great. Didn't know if any changes were made to that one for this ROM in particular.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
Just curious, is the AJ kernel in the op specifically for this ROM? I'm using ajk 4.9 and all is great. Didn't know if any changes were made to that one for this ROM in particular.

I was wondering about this as well. What was done to AJK especially for this Rom?

Sent from my GT-p511x

adrock74

Feb 24, 2012
Newburgh
So far so good for me on 4.9. But the flashaholic in me wonders.

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Sniff sniff...I smell 6.2?

Samsung Galaxy S II
CyanogenMod 10.1.3 Stable/AOCP ICEE
AJK BOSS 4.9 Kernel

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
Is there anything in this Rom that would cause these partial wakelocks? I thought I could freeze Google talk (or hangouts) and solve this but neither show up in TB.

Edit: oops have to go to my phone to upload the bbs screenshot.:p

Here it is... Or not. It won't upload. Says I need to upgrade lol?

Anyway the partial wakelocks I was referring to are "connectivity services" and one that starts with "gtalk". I'll try again later...

Sent from my GT-p511x

Last edited:

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Guys I hate to be a pain, but is icee theme gonna be updated? I've ran it since the first day it came out and can't be without it!

Samsung Galaxy S II
CyanogenMod 10.1.3 Stable/AOCP ICEE
AJK BOSS 4.9 Kernel

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Is there anything in this Rom that would cause these partial wakelocks? I thought I could freeze Google talk (or hangouts) and solve this but neither show up in TB.

Edit: oops have to go to my phone to upload the bbs screenshot.:p

Here it is... Or not. It won't upload. Says I need to upgrade lol?

Anyway the partial wakelocks I was referring to are "connectivity services" and one that starts with "gtalk". I'll try again later...

Sent from my GT-p511x

ConnectivityServices is usually caused by wifi turning off and on. Do you get good WiFi/Data signals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AoCP-7-banner.png

((((((((((The Collective Presents))))))))))

AoCP 7.2

Based on CM 11

~

This is compiled from Kitkat 4.4 source
    For the Samsung Galaxy S II i777

It is the Android Open Collective Project.

Many thanks goes to:
    Google for the base
    CyanogenMod for getting it running on our devices

Features
    Set individual notifications in Contacts
    HALO support (Download from Google Play)
    Advanced Camera functions
    Collective Icon Pack
    Custom carrier label
    Basic pie functions
    Propmodder
    Each alarm has its own selectable ringtone
    Notification row transparency
    Circle and Square battery color changer
    Center clock and date
    Change clock color
    CyanogenMod's LockClock
    CyanogenMod's Apollo music player
    Dashclock
    Custom notification drawer background
    Privacy guard
    Quiet time, select a time when the phone ringer will be turned back on
    Selinux
    And more...

[Changelog]

Added active display
    Fixed location settings
    Revised theme
    Fixed wifi priority
    Google setup wizard works
    Browser is fixed
    Other improvements

HOW TO INSTALL
    ***(If you are on Jellybean or older, you will need the latest CWM recovery for the i777 to flash this ROM)***
    ***If you are having trouble with flashing the zip, you can try the odin version from here***
    ***If you are having trouble with propmodder or Superuser issues you can try flashing chainfires latest Supersu update***
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    1. Factory Data reset
    2. Wipe Dalvik
    3. Format System
    4. Install AoCP-72-i777.zip from Sdcard
    5. Reboot device
    6. Install GApps for Android 4.4
    7. Reboot the device
    8. Enter Google info

Screenshot_2013-12-30-19-46-10.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-30-19-48-58.png

Download
    AoCP 7.2

AoCP 7.0

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Older versions
    AoCP 6.4

AoCP 6.4.1u

AoCP 5.9.5

AoCP 4.6

Credits
    Google
    Cyanogen-Mod
    TheCollective Team
    Johnsondr80
    Robm1911
    Molon Labe
    AJ Newkirk
    Mortem Tuam
    Ruger94
    Fezzy102
    ee23hd2
    flappjaxxx
    joedv
    Slimrom
    CameleonOS
    Roman Nurik
    MiCode
    LiquidSmooth
    (For the propmodder source)

*The Collective source on github*

NEED SOME THEMES?? SEARCH GOOGLE PLAY FOR "AoCP"

As Always, We are not responsible if it messes up your phone

kitkat.jpg

Due to the ever growing demand of life and the fact, the development team
    has pretty much dwindled to 3 Collective members working on the project.
    I am sad to say, this will be the final release of AoCP by the current active Collective team members. It has been a great 3 years, and I want to thank everyone that supported all of the Collective projects, from Fusion, to Legend and last but not least AoCP.
    There are plenty of great developers working hard to keep your phones current and I hope you give them the courtesy and respect for their countless hours of time and hard work.
    Who knows, maybe someday AoCP may return with new talent.
    Thanks again for your support.
    ~The Collective~
    Woohoo thanks for the great ROM guys!
    Just had a couple last minute fixes, be releasing very soon
    The second post of this thread links an ajk kernel made specifically for this ROM. Your answer doesn't address the question of what the differences are in between the aosp kernel, which does work for aocp, and the specialized aocp kernel.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Maybe better to consult the author in the ajk q&a thread.

The AoCP kernel is more tuned for AoCP. There are small differences, they are not exactly the same. Try the AoCP kernel AND AJK v4.9 and see which works better for you & your phone.