B118 allows you to get themes online

Search This thread

warea

Dec 1, 2007
But only those 6 top/latest themes show up right ? How do you browse the rest of themes ?

alex.79

Jul 8, 2013
Plovdiv
Only 6 for me too. On Favorites and Newest... Swiping doesnt help.

Yes you are right. The themes is only 6. I flash after that B111 over the B118 without wiping data and online option for the themes is still there but the themes is much more. Now I can download themes online on my phone, and I use international version of firmware B111.

lamplighter13

Serious battery drain since I am on this B118, I am hoping it settles down but will see tomorrow. The online themes are nice but again only a few to see and the search option is fekkin useless. May go back to factory B111, not much different as far as I can tell.

LL13-

Steve-Savalas

Aug 22, 2013
No battery drain for me since moving to B118. However, the online themes have disappeared!! The option was there after the upgrade, but now the only option at the top is LOCAL... Anyone else got this issue?

warea

Dec 1, 2007
No battery drain for me since moving to B118. However, the online themes have disappeared!! The option was there after the upgrade, but now the only option at the top is LOCAL... Anyone else got this issue?

I think you have to be connected to the internet. Because i did notice on two different occasions that i had only local but once it is connected, it comes back.

Also do post snapshot of your battery usage on the firmware topic.

Steve-Savalas

Aug 22, 2013
I think you have to be connected to the internet. Because i did notice on two different occasions that i had only local but once it is connected, it comes back.

Oh yes I'm definitely connected to the internet. Tried on wifi & mobile data.
I'll post a screenshot of my battery usage tomorrow - I'm going to leave the phone alone for the night as I just charged it this afternoon. It's currently on 98% after 5hrs 42mins with little usage. :good:

stuartggray

Sep 20, 2013
Are you guys having problems doing a factory reset? Because I have no problems and I DO NOT do a factory reset. It says not to in the instructions...

Steve-Savalas

Aug 22, 2013
Are you guys having problems doing a factory reset? Because I have no problems and I DO NOT do a factory reset. It says not to in the instructions...

I think 'warea' had some issues with how smooth the phone was running & the phone getting hot following the upgrade to B118 and a factory reset sorted that out. I prefer to do a factory reset after a firmware update - I have settings etc. backed up and I just re-install any apps I need. Sometimes it's nice to have the phone put back to a clean state. I know some people can't understand why a factory reset is necessary after an update (and I suppose it isn't), but it certainly doesn't do any harm. :eek:

Steve-Savalas

Aug 22, 2013

I've worked out why my 'Online themes' option had disappeared! I opened Themes, went to settings and there was an option of 'Access location' - I allowed this and then the 'Online' option appeared again. If I go to settings now, the 'Access location' has gone. Maybe I disabled this app from accessing my location at some point.

Worth bearing in mind if your 'Online' option disappears :)

alex.79

Jul 8, 2013
Plovdiv
Hi, i have a question. I`ve read thred and i dont have option `online` just `local themes` and i dont have settings in themes folder..just on the bottom `customize current theme` and when i click on three dots, just pops out `help` nothing more..I`m on b111, and it seams that some of you are also and have online option..Some help please?

Only B118 has this option. I mean ''Online Themes''.

Top Liked Posts