[Discussion] Android 4.4 KitKat

Search This thread

black@pirate

Aug 13, 2013
android 4.3 for samsung galaxy s3 is rolling out today. not that it's related to us in any way..

And GS3 is actually older than 4X. :banghead: LG should make two device lines like Samsung. 4x and G should be S series and G pro and G2 should be Note series. Then our phone may not seem that old ;)

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jovistyle

Oct 24, 2011
Just have any developer working on KitKat for O4X? What is difficulty?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

shadowcore

Apr 26, 2013
Hell
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi Poco F3
If it's not difficult then why don't you just do it yourself? Or you could read instead and see for yourself the problems that one of our best developers has already had trying to do so? :banghead:

You are one of the most negative poster in this forum. Chill out mate, its not like answering angrily is helping anyone or yourself. Most posters are probably teenagers and that says everything.

@all
LG isnt sammy, so you people should stop dreaming about 4.3 or 4.4 LG pumps more "Flagship" devices than then there are seconds in a month. Optimus G, Gppro, G2 and thats for less than a year.
Whatever, since we have CM support, we dont have to beg LG for 4.4.
Developing for android is not a cakewalk.

Reactions: omontero

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
You are one of the most negative poster in this forum. Chill out mate, its not like answering angrily is helping anyone or yourself. Most posters are probably teenagers and that says everything.

I'm negative when we get idiots who have never contributed to XDA asking things like;-
Just have any developer working on KitKat for O4X? What is difficulty?

In case you haven't noticed I also help when it's warranted and when I can, but people need to remember that XDA is not a helpdesk for noobs, and the developers are not paid to do what they do on here.

My response wasn't angry, just frustrated at yet another poster who doesn't give a damn about anyone other than themselves. Whether they are teenagers or English isn't their first language, or whatever doesn't justify it. I have met many very switched-on, intelligent and sensible teenagers on XDA who don't feel the need to demand things without consideration - those who do should take themselves back to FaecesBook where they are far more at home.

Jovistyle

Oct 24, 2011
Thanks for the reply and sorry for asking. I'm just curious because I am interested in the area and I don't have much knowledge but sorry to bother you, I'll seek knowledge elsewhere. :)

M

mackief

While looking at this website: http://www.android.com/kitkat/index.html I found this:

Could this mean Google is tackling their fragmentation? If so, would 4.4 come out to ALL devices ? Also to 4x HD ? Would LG skip 4.2.2 / 4.3 and update to 4.4 ? love to hear your thoughts and opinions about this. Off topic posts welcome too :)

It doesn't mean Android would officially release KitKat for every device, of course.
But, for this purpose, there's XDA and its developers! :)

So, I'm one of them.
I bought LG 4X HD about a month ago, and I work on Android since the beginning of 2012.
I'm part of MoltenMotherBoard team, that succesfully compiled some stuff for an ARMv6 device - Galaxy Gio - as a bugfree AOSP ICS (lot of people thought it wasn't possible for that device).
What I wanna say?
I'm working for you all on AOSP KITKAT, but of course for a month I saw some developers are working for you, as @laufersteppenwolf . So, if laufersteppenwolf will share his release before I share my own, I'll let him continue without creating difficulties between developers, and if he would need it, I would help him. If not so, I'll share my own release trying to keep it up-to-date and trying to fix every problem I - and you, testers - would find. :)

Regards,
Mackief.

## FORGOT: I'm also working for an awesome project not available yet for 4X users. Wait, a project from MMB Team will come soon! ;)

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
It doesn't mean Android would officially release KitKat for every device, of course.
But, for this purpose, there's XDA and its developers! :)

So, I'm one of them.
I bought LG 4X HD about a month ago, and I work on Android since the beginning of 2012.
I'm part of MoltenMotherBoard team, that succesfully compiled some stuff for an ARMv6 device - Galaxy Gio - as a bugfree AOSP ICS (lot of people thought it wasn't possible for that device).
What I wanna say?
I'm working for you all on AOSP KITKAT, but of course for a month I saw some developers are working for you, as @laufersteppenwolf . So, if laufersteppenwolf will share his release before I share my own, I'll let him continue without creating difficulties between developers, and if he would need it, I would help him. If not so, I'll share my own release trying to keep it up-to-date and trying to fix every problem I - and you, testers - would find. :)

Regards,
Mackief.

## FORGOT: I'm also working for an awesome project not available yet for 4X users. Wait, a project from MMB Team will come soon! ;)

Hey, and welcome aboard :)

Nice to hear that more dev's are coming to our device ;)

About AOSP, I am compiling ATM, and it should boot theoretically ;) (still untested though). I was working with Lloir today, who is porting AOSP 4.4 to the HOX+ ATM. And as we share the same chipset, the basics should be working.

How far are you with your AOSP? If you want to find me, feel free to join #TeamFun on freenode ;)

laufersteppenwolf

M

mackief

About AOSP, I am compiling ATM, and it should boot theoretically ;) (still untested though). I was working with Lloir today, who is porting AOSP 4.4 to the HOX+ ATM. And as we share the same chipset, the basics should be working.

How far are you with your AOSP? If you want to find me, feel free to join #TeamFun on freenode ;)

laufersteppenwolf

Hey, my laptop is compiling now, after that I fixed some errors coming due to some lines of device tree.
As I test it, I'll let you know about the situation ;)

About CM, I'm really happy to hear that!
Wait for some my news! :)

Last edited:

iodak

Jan 5, 2011
BTW guys, there are now 2 possibilities:

Either I have problems seeing and I am seeing things that are not really there, or CM is pushing CM11 online :eek:

No, I do not have problems seeing, so CM really is pushing CM11 to github ;) :p

They seem to start merging 3 day ago. They push it today. Good news. I cant wait to see kitkat running on our device. I hope it will meet expectations.

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

laufersteppenwolf

let me know if you need more help with it. just ping me on irc till my eyes bleed :p

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
Alright guys, finally some good news :)

With a new recovery AOSP 4.4 is now flashable ;) Also, it is booting.

BUT, nothing's really working :D RIL/Phone crashes, SurfaceFlinger is sometimes going crazy, Audio has to be fixed, ....

Still a lot of work to do, till I can even think of releasing a sneak peek. But I sure am working on it ;)

remorema

Mar 12, 2009
Lisbon
You guys are awesome. I wish I had the time to learn myself some dev skills and get my hands dirty. ;) keep up the good work.

M

mackief

BUT, nothing's really working :D RIL/Phone crashes, SurfaceFlinger is sometimes going crazy, Audio has to be fixed, ....

Still a lot of work to do, till I can even think of releasing a sneak peek. But I sure am working on it ;)

Should I have to stop compiling it by miself, then? ;)

ruznik

Oct 19, 2013
mannarkadian
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
waiting....for your replay

before i posting this i make a new thread regarding the cyanogenmod release and its installation work, now i think you are gong to release it first...
i will hire you if you i'm doing any business with this kind of software :cowboy::good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

for people that didn't know, CyanFox is also supporting our device!

check their rom here:

http://cyanfox-rom.com/downloads/?folder=p880/

it's got halo, dark mode and some other minor stuff. definitely worth checking out ;)
    I am not sure if I post correctly but pardon me, it's one if my first posts.
    I'd like to share a workaround for the double button press to wake the device (maybe it was already posted but I didn't found it anywhere):
    Xposed Module named Xposed Additions - it allows to assign functions to hardware buttons. You need to go to the Re-map Settings, click on the Add new button item and pres the power button. Then assign the Power function with radio button. Remember to switch the condition to Screen off.
    So far it works for me, tested on Mokee ROM but it has no discussion thread - I feel this possible solution is more practical then wake with the volume rocker.

Thanks for the Kitkat by the way, I wasn't impressed with it's new design but I've started to like it a lot:)
    Em.. we're talking about LG ;) They've abandoned our phone and they also have a bad reputation about updates. We didn't even get 4.2.2 and won't get anything new that will come out. I personally don't care.. we have GREAT devs that are keeping our phones updated to the latest versions of Android! Because of them, our phone won't die soon! It's really a shame for LG because Optimus 4X is a hell of a phone with good hardware and everything!
    uhybavap.jpg

RIL Progress on my Vanir ROM will continue work soon just got no free time ATM to do much as close to Christmas I got my half sisters wedding to attend to tomorrow and a lot of family stuff to deal with sorry guys I will try get a break when I can and post my RIL changes ;)
    Sorry trying to post stuff is taking ages and sometimes sites won't load :( can't wait to get BT internet in then I can defo release everything

If anyone wants to add me on FB then www.facebook.com/cuzchimpchoker
    I will be posting progress etc... On my wall

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD P880 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

7umuhepe.jpg

Last post for a while reason I haven't released 4.4 vanir is battery is outrageous sorry people i need more time to make stable also when signal fully drops it freezes if music playing it continues to play battery icon shows animation if charging but status bar animations still show but screen becomes fully unresponsive as well as touch keys so very unstable also as I haven't tested BT, WiFi or NFC these I barely use

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD P880 using Tapatalk